Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some new wheels arrived, originally intended for the smaller-wheeled Lancia 037 Rally re-re-release:

5eijo2.jpg

The wheels are metal, and the tires are a great gravel tread. I spent some time modelling them on my current cars:

2rzrim8.jpg

xo13wn.jpg

But then, the other set of tires looks large enough to fit to an original Lancia Rally:

2ak0bdj.jpg

2rq0msh.jpg

And much better than the straight re-re-release wheels and tires:

2jul1g.jpg

I have also commenced designs for some other projects, including my current Ferrari 312T3 build and a proposed 'Comical Hotshot.'

The wait begins for the remainder of my ordered parts, which - if I figured it out correctly - will allow me to mount touring car wheels properly to the chassis. The best part of those large tires is that I can use the newer Lancia 037 wheels with them!

• Like 4

Yesterday, I had to do some cleaning in the hobby room. Also went through the wheels and tires box togheter with the new parts box, I found stuff I didn't know I had, like new front tires for the astute, motor alu cooling, low friction dampers for formula cars, new front tires for my Mauri Ninja... So it was a good day catch :P

Also I sold one of my vintage Monster Beetles, and some Egress black special decals, so looking forward to seeing one more being made. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grastens said:

The wait begins for the remainder of my ordered parts, which - if I figured it out correctly - will allow me to mount touring car wheels properly to the chassis. The best part of those large tires is that I can use the newer Lancia 037 wheels with them!

Said newer Lancia 037 wheels arrived today. Originally intended for another build, I am recalling them for the original Lancia Rally and fitting the new large tires. It was a quick matter to model them:

33nbur6.jpg

1192m2g.jpg

2s9ap2p.jpg

2ugoxv6.jpg

I am now fully convinced that this is the direction I must take with my Lancia Rally. With original wheels and tires are a not-so-small ransom, I can at least keep running the car in this fashion. The new Lancia 037 wheels are still being made, and now I know that certain overseas tires can fit.

The rubber on those tires is quite soft, so I also intend to try out some harder CC-01 Landfreeder tires, which I believe can work as well. The wait continues for adapters and knuckles to attempt to run these wheels and tires properly.

• Like 3

Started tearing my lunchbox down for bearings and then added pro-line shocks (still need the rear extender) and relocated my battery to the inside

49523696_342159986618351_8182979001820643328_n.thumb.jpg.2c8c04b28f0042f5f4cc0113c293724d.jpg49492169_514866015699148_4201752985119752192_n.thumb.jpg.ba941f714b1e6039b0cdea21b3038590.jpg

• Like 2

IMG-20190104-WA0012~2.jpegmade a start on my TB Evo II.

Nice new chassis deck😀

• Like 6

Cut out the main part for the BuggyRa Fat Fox truck and got it sitting well on the TT01E chassis.

Fauj6py.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, svenb said:

IMG-20190104-WA0012~2.jpegmade a start on my TB Evo II.

Nice new chassis deck😀

That looks mean as....... what shell will sit atop??

Further the TRF parts rabbit hole (although considerably more straightforward than the rear) borrowed some DB01/TRF5XX spares off a mate, and low and behold the hole front end fits right up! 

Tamiya Thunder Dragon / Thundershot / Terra Scorcher with DB01 / TRF front suspensionTamiya Thunder Dragon / Thundershot / Terra Scorcher with DB01 / TRF front suspensionTamiya Thunder Dragon / Thundershot / Terra Scorcher with DB01 / TRF front suspension

With about a mm taken off the webs on the inside of the rims even the Egress 2" wheels fit. Just waiting on kingpins to arrive now I know it fits to see how it runs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

That looks mean as....... what shell will sit atop??

Hopefully a Opel V8 coupé

If I can work out the body mount problem!

• Like 1

Started to primer the Blackfoot Extreme shell

39653870113_d035a4b9bd_b.jpg

and also put put paint on the worst shell in the world for my Chineseium SCX10 build. The shell was £6.50 from China and not great so I did not want to waste good paint on it. I had a couple of half used pots left, please turn away now if easily upset.

39653870103_da22e0920a_b.jpg

39653869973_86d5306d6b_b.jpg

We run a gender neutral house here. Any toy or anything can be for anyone, no girls toys or boys toy. So the first thing my girl says when she sees this “I’m driving that one once it’s finished because it has got pink on it” I give up :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Finally finished the topcat body and peeled off the protective wrap😊 I tried retro colour scheme of a photo of me as a young boy in this (at the time) said photo I'm wearing a very fetching t-shirt tie-dye i think they are called🤔 

20190105_135400.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Blew my dual esc in my clodbuster when a grub screw got caught in the transmission. It started smoking but luckily all other components okay :(

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

My eyes!  What has been seen cannot be unseen!

As a painter and artist, this color combo is very hard to digest, but to each their own and the paint work came out well.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

If the Pink Panther owned a Jeep.......

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, moffman said:

Finally finished the topcat body and peeled off the protective wrap😊 I tried retro colour scheme of a photo of me as a young boy in this (at the time) said photo I'm wearing a very fetching t-shirt tie-dye i think they are called🤔 

20190105_135400.jpg

That looks awesome, think that's made my mind up to get a Top Cat and not the Astute! Love the dark fade from black to blood red. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

39653869973_86d5306d6b_b.jpg

We run a gender neutral house here. Any toy or anything can be for anyone, no girls toys or boys toy. So the first thing my girl says when she sees this “I’m driving that one once it’s finished because it has got pink on it” I give up :ph34r:

I thought you spilled a bottle of Pepto-bismol (with ultra coat... no less).

71ZJ0Ne.jpg

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Juggular said:

I thought you spilled a bottle of Pepto-bismol (with ultra coat... no less).

71ZJ0Ne.jpg

nintchdbpict000242185564.jpg?w=960&strip

Someone ate ate all the Vanilla 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

That looks awesome, think that's made my mind up to get a Top Cat and not the Astute! Love the dark fade from black to blood red. 

I had to make the decision between them both and I just thought the topcat would give me a bigger challenge to build (and I love a challenging build) and although I was correct in that because I had built the XLS I was tuned into the Schumacher's little quirks they have🤔! I'm also slowly rebuilding my cat k2 back to its original condition after giving up local club racing just over a year ago (changing shift patterns at work seen an end to that on a Thursday night😠) so I have a little schumacher racing homage going on!,  I'm still amazed at the quality of the modern Schumacher racing buggy/car you tend to take it for granted when ya racing but them parts I'm replacing are absolutely first class!

20190105_135323.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

nintchdbpict000242185564.jpg?w=960&strip

Someone ate ate all the Vanilla 

I give ya credit for have a good sense of humor man, he if they likes it then that's all that matters. 

I want the chassis of the bullhead in black, so gave it a good cleanup with soap, sprayed it with plastic primer, and now to satin black.

CW9hjBa.jpg

• Like 2

8Finished the Alpine body. Really enjoyed it - its a stunning shell with great details. The only bit that i thought was crappy was the decals for the rear lights. Definitely think have drivers makes a big difference. 

Not so sure on the m06 chassis - the front suspension geometry doesnt seem great.

Resized_20190106_153821_559.jpeg

Resized_20190106_154129_96.jpeg

• Like 12

Had some xmas gift certificates to the LHS so I used them towards this.

39671111333_8fd240a19e_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

45721428525_409f20338f_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

I kind of want to strip the body down and repaint a British Green with a white top or something, but it's a pretty nice piece of kit overrall.  Quite chuffed as you might say!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Finally got all 4 shocks on the Lunchbox, and now im mid teardown of the MF-01x already due to some weirdness in the front trans/diff

I just bought alloy servo mounts for our Lunchbox and booked the courier for the Sand Scorcher to come back after its refurbishment and mods from TJF. 

Happy dayz!