Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did some work on the Top Force today. The same one I was going to sell and never actually got around to. Shame I did sell the Hi-caps though 🙄 never mind. 

Decided it can be another basher for the girls so they don’t have to argue so much over the DT03!

Anyway, the TF. It’s in a weird state of partially ‘hopped up’ and partially standard now. 

46038136474_205173805e_z.jpg

Nothing special or not seen before. Just need to decide on some electrics and sort body, but that’ll be a few weeks or more down the line now as work takes back over.

Also need to figure out some turnbuckles for it, something else I should have kept(!) and go back to the drawing board on the shocks. Anyone successfully got the DF03 alloy shocks on seeing as they are the recommended hop-up for the Manta-Ray? Tried searching for the new manual but my google skills are weak!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Did some work on the Top Force today. The same one I was going to sell and never actually got around to. Shame I did sell the Hi-caps though 🙄 never mind. 

Decided it can be another basher for the girls so they don’t have to argue so much over the DT03!

Anyway, the TF. It’s in a weird state of partially ‘hopped up’ and partially standard now. 

46038136474_205173805e_z.jpg

Nothing special or not seen before. Just need to decide on some electrics and sort body, but that’ll be a few weeks or more down the line now as work takes back over.

Also need to figure out some turnbuckles for it, something else I should have kept(!) and go back to the drawing board on the shocks. Anyone successfully got the DF03 alloy shocks on seeing as they are the recommended hop-up for the Manta-Ray? Tried searching for the new manual but my google skills are weak!

hey rob nice to see you kept that beauty in the end. and what a perfect rc for you girls to use they will love it.

and don't worry them beauuuuutiful hi-caps they have come to a good home,, at present they are sleeping in the top-force box awaiting the build.

i like what you have done with it so far

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

hey rob nice to see you kept that beauty in the end. and what a perfect rc for you girls to use they will love it.

and don't worry them beauuuuutiful hi-caps they have come to a good home,, at present they are sleeping in the top-force box awaiting the build.

i like what you have done with it so far

Hi Tony, I’m only messing about the shocks, well partly at least 😂

I look forward to seeing it all built up when you decide to. 

I’m happy with how it looks. The amount of blue bits may be overkill but I had a theme in mind at the time. No doubt the girls will pick a colour that completely clashes!

I’m just having to resist the urge to go silly on it again now seeing as it’s aboug to get abused badly of the kids. Hopefully the g/box strengthening will be enough to withstand the worst they can throw at it!

More carbon and fancy shocks can’t hurt though, surely 😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Brilliant, thank you.

I think I have one set of front posts on a spare M04 front end but I definitely need another full set.

M04 are a great chassis if not tricky to drive quick!

I have a few spares kicking about but no mounts.

Found/bought the last missing square part for my Rising Storm, front stiffneer. (Stg-11, I think the partnr is). Very pleased with that :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, svenb said:

M04 are a great chassis if not tricky to drive quick!

I have a few spares kicking about but no mounts.

If you have E1,2 or 3 you are willing to part with I would be most grateful. 

I bought my NIP parts when I was brand new to Tamiya and R/C a few years back and didn’t quite think it through!

Got a LRP mercedes c class body as a gift from a friend. rather then throwing it away.

So I messed with it a bit since the Tamiya Vemac body would use some retirement for good on my TA05IFS.

I like in real life the MB C Black edition, and this Tamiya Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Nismo spoiler just suits this style perfect. :)

577aee43483b69235663c0216d44e35e-700.jpg

more likely a white edition, best year of a C class in my opinion.

2w676lv.jpg

34tdhg3.jpg

n4aw5g.jpg

and I tidied up the electronics a bit in my M03 a bit and solderd a 2700 10V capacitor for the small servo it has, all together in a heat shrink, awaiting next M05RA uprights.

w02tz7.jpg

xglbwx.jpg

1113ua0.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

If you have E1,2 or 3 you are willing to part with I would be most grateful. 

I bought my NIP parts when I was brand new to Tamiya and R/C a few years back and didn’t quite think it through!

Just had a look and the only new spare bits for a M04 I have are some loose A parts! Plus a new set of universal shafts.

XV-01 maintenance.  Cleaning bearings, replacing some NN parts tree parts with new, inspecting gears, and so forth.

46056733494_169631b1bb_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 5

Apart from painting & fitting his Royal Ronness to go behind the wheel got the BF done. I've gone with box art as I like it, polished the body rather than paint as Gloss Black is notoriously difficult and stressful to get right for this runner. Really happy with the result.

Got it ready for the upcoming Australia day, then chased the Dog for a bit. (No animals where harmed in this photo shot!!) :)

XsWiHPf.jpg

LJGxeT2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Went to my LHS to pick up some paint, my best friend showed up, found out his nitro truck was kaput. Was on the fence about buying a used team associated B6 for 200 when we pulled the body it was fully loaded with nearly every hopup ...lol so he grabbed it and i bought this so we could race together. 

46781187751_6514cca2c7_b.jpg20190117_164927 by David Ashe, on Flickr

I know it's not Tamiya but my XV-01 is on order :D  It's a Yokomo YZ-2 CA  and i got it for a steal :)

• Like 9

8 hours ago, svenb said:

Just had a look and the only new spare bits for a M04 I have are some loose A parts! Plus a new set of universal shafts.

Thanks for checking for me. I’ll recycle from the ‘spare’ front end so I have and then I’ll have to get creative for the second chassis! 

installed the DTM body on my TA05... I like it. even more as I could refurbish the rear spoiler and mirror I had laying around for years.

Needed to move spacers and adjust rear camber so the wheels would fit properly under the body. 

hwigpl.jpg

2yo8tab.jpg

n4jrm1.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

installed the DTM body on my TA05... I like it. even more as I could refurbish the rear spoiler and mirror I had laying around for years.

Needed to move spacers and adjust rear camber so the wheels would fit properly under the body. 

hwigpl.jpg

2yo8tab.jpg

n4jrm1.jpg

Looks amazing! Any plans to refurbish the paint? Can it even be done?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scipunk said:

Looks amazing! Any plans to refurbish the paint? Can it even be done?

Hmmm, not really. Well I pealed of the stickers yesterday, and there was some glue left on the body, I used aceton and a wet towel to clean the resto sticker glue but there are some darknspots left. I could use some water sand paper 2000 and remove the dirt stains of the lexan. Otherwise this came out superb for a daily runner shell.

and while we are at it... for how much do the yokomo yz-2 go?

I am tempted to buy a Zahhak or TRF201 but I like to consider also other things. How do you like the yokomo?

7 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Apart from painting & fitting his Royal Ronness to go behind the wheel got the BF done. I've gone with box art as I like it, polished the body rather than paint as Gloss Black is notoriously difficult and stressful to get right for this runner. Really happy with the result.

Got it ready for the upcoming Australia day, then chased the Dog for a bit. (No animals where harmed in this photo shot!!) :)

XsWiHPf.jpg

LJGxeT2.jpg

I like the black trim line on the wheels! 

3 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Hmmm, not really. Well I pealed of the stickers yesterday, and there was some glue left on the body, I used aceton and a wet towel to clean the resto sticker glue but there are some darknspots left. I could use some water sand paper 2000 and remove the dirt stains of the lexan. Otherwise this came out superb for a daily runner shell.

and while we are at it... for how much do the yokomo yz-2 go?

I am tempted to buy a Zahhak or TRF201 but I like to consider also other things. How do you like the yokomo?

If you mean price, the one i have in kit form can be had for i think $349.00 I paid $358 after tax for a used chassis, new Trinity 17.5t sensored motor, hobbywing ESC and a new 4500 battery. I just used my spektrum reciever from my granite. So far i loove the car its fast, light and handles really well and can be run on all sorts of surfaces :)

If you do get one the newer one the YZ-2 CA L2 is much nicer, has gull wing style arms and other improvements. it's around $419 for the kit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to the local hobby store for some small stuff. To my surprise they had a single TT-01 Zakspeed Mercedes on the shelf, and since I had no plans for the weekend, decided to take it home. 

Ended up talking to the owner about Tamiya and the state of RC in general, learned that there's a secret abandoned onroad RC track just about a mile up the road from where I live, and got a huge discount on the kit without even asking. 

Came back to the office to find an employee in serious need of a morale booster, gave him the Zakspeed kit as a present. 

Then went on the internet and bought another one because I already had started to make plans for it. 

Will spend the time not spent on building the kit this weekend on looking a) forward to Monday's "postman brought me", and b) into the abandoned track, which is really still there, and huge, and build Zakspeed #2 next weekend. 

Not bad for a Friday, if you ask me. 

Screenshot_20190118-122754.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, S-PCS said:

Went to the local hobby store for some small stuff. To my surprise they had a single TT-01 Zakspeed Mercedes on the shelf, and since I had no plans for the weekend, decided to take it home. 

Ended up talking to the owner about Tamiya and the state of RC in general, learned that there's a secret abandoned onroad RC track just about a mile up the road from where I live, and got a huge discount on the kit without even asking. 

Came back to the office to find an employee in serious need of a morale booster, gave him the Zakspeed kit as a present. 

Then went on the internet and bought another one because I already had started to make plans for it. 

Will spend the time not spent on building the kit this weekend on looking a) forward to Monday's "postman brought me", and b) into the abandoned track, which is really still there, and huge, and build Zakspeed #2 next weekend. 

Not bad for a Friday, if you ask me. 

Screenshot_20190118-122754.png

The hobby needs more people like you man, that was very kind of you. Also awesome track! Get some pics when you visit it!

Started an Astute resto which meant making a mess of everything, sacrificing the original chassis for seized screws (I have a NIP) and got some Coq Au Vin in the slow cooker for later (I added some AW grease for flavor).  A regular renaissance man :D

20190118_131233.jpg

20190118_123311.jpg

• Like 4