Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ran my TRF201 in the sunshine at lunchtime. Was a joy as usual. 

Switched the front end on my TRF211 back to the associated b5m hex conversion after I finally figured out they were b5m parts and got spares. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dannymulder said:

Today I have played with this beast.

IMG_20190225_111014.jpg

Ok I'm going to admit my ignorance here - what is that beautiful beastie there?

So finally managed to get ter fender flairs on the bruiser. Tryed with glue but that did'nt go as i planned so i double sided tape and then screw them on. Not happy with the fit but they are on and i like the look. just need decied on differant wheels or not.

IMG_20190227_152818.jpg

IMG_20190227_152910.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2019 at 6:25 PM, Re-Bugged said:

Firstly, Have you got room for a ‘mature’ student in your class? 

And what Battery pack would you have hidden in there??

:D  The teams are 1 kid and 1 parent.  So yeah, we have a number of mature folks in the group!

The battery is just an Onyx NiMh with a Castle Creations connector.  I really like those connectors.  They're easy to solder up and are much easier to connect/disconnect than standard Deans T-type plug.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

Ok I'm going to admit my ignorance here - what is that beautiful beastie there?

Its A Basher nitro circus mt 1/8 scale  truck, running on two 4 cell lipo's  5000mah parallel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished my grasshopper. Standard but with bearings and a 540. Bit of an RC right of passage really, everyone should own one at some point, cant believe its took me 34 years to finally own one!

Still one of the best looking rc cars ever imo.

p9awzfd.jpg 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Did recieve a m chassis lot from ebay. 

And figured... I have a M05 chassis in parts now...

11rdpw4.jpg

And with the lot, lower front and rear arms carbon reinforced arms arrived x2. Together with a yeah racing motor mount, heat sink and counter weight, a set of 3racing speed gears are also included.

312btvt.jpg

As my M05ver and M03 already have speed gears and hollow steel and carbon diff shafts, the M03 has universals... most likely, I have all the uprights as my m03 has M05RA uprights. I am having a total m chassis mess in my head trying to figure if I have all parts somewhere to make a normal M05 with a few hop ups. Having a mini cooper body haha

also did clean my M03 again. As I ak thinking to attempt the broken plastic fix. I bought a plastic welder from Revell

2ajulip.jpg

10eeulz.jpg

29gdd39.jpg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

also did clean my M03 again. As I ak thinking to attempt the broken plastic fix. I bought a plastic welder from Revell

2ajulip.jpg

10eeulz.jpg

29gdd39.jpg

It looks like you would benefit from 9805711.

https://www.timetunnelmodels.com/live/catalog/tamiya-19805611-9805611-5x9mm-ball-connector-p-16106.html

With the standard ball connectors and the carbon reinforcing plates, there is very little thread going into the plastic chassis pieces, making it easy for the ball connectors to work loose and split the plastic. With 9805711 ball connectors, there is a longer threaded portion which will spread the load more evenly through the plastic and not work loose as easily. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

It looks like you would benefit from 9805711.

https://www.timetunnelmodels.com/live/catalog/tamiya-19805611-9805611-5x9mm-ball-connector-p-16106.html

With the standard ball connectors and the carbon reinforcing plates, there is very little thread going into the plastic chassis pieces, making it easy for the ball connectors to work loose and split the plastic. With 9805711 ball connectors, there is a longer threaded portion which will spread the load more evenly through the plastic and not work loose as easily. 

Thank you that makes sense. Keep forgeting to order some. My idea was to use 10mm connectors. 

Well it seems this M03 is maybe ready for a rebuild to silver gear cases sooner then I thought :)

Repaired M03. Will work on a design to include the holes that this carbon stiffener is missing.

the Mini Cooper bidy shell suits the M03 so nice, brings back childhood memories from my First bone stock silver M03 with the Mini cooper shell.

36260.jpg

2qk6m8n.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@dannymulder Amazing! Are they big wig shock towers? 

Yes they are, I have a boomerang and these parts are included. next thing to do is mount the zahhak gearbox.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dannymulder said:

I finished the front end of my grasshopper / zahhak project.

IMG_7074.JPG

IMG_7075.JPG

IMG_7076.JPG

Looks neat! The thought of a bracket/extra strengthening on the inside under the nuts crossed my mind, is it going to get driven hard?

47 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Looks neat! The thought of a bracket/extra strengthening on the inside under the nuts crossed my mind, is it going to get driven hard?

its going to get driven hard, I think with the nuts only you need a hard inpact to crack the chassis, but I like your idea and always want to make my cars strong as possible, I am going to make some metal plates inside.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dannymulder said:

its going to get driven hard, I think with the nuts only you need a hard inpact to crack the chassis, but I like your idea and always want to make my cars strong as possible, I am going to make some metal plates inside.

I dont think they would need to be thick, just something to spread the load.

It looks great though, what are the front arms etc?

Finally got to take my runner Top-Force out for a spinn. Sorry now movie, because the servosaver broke before I got any run time.. But I got one spinn and the 5700kv motor sure gives some punch.. Really looking forward to drive it on a track or in a cool environment.. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, graemevw said:

I dont think they would need to be thick, just something to spread the load.

It looks great though, what are the front arms etc?

Al the ohter parts are zahhak/trf201, I used my zahhak as a donor.

Getting my Bullhead ready for a run today after a bit of intimidating for the Jumpshot

LAA5x9p.jpg

YjeEyLf.jpg

Electrics installed and roughly tidied and out the way.... you can't hook in the On/Off switch on these 860's to the main ESC body like you can the 1060's so it's taped for easy reach

0UwZiuS.jpg

PRcwYi0.jpg

This is the infamous longer servo arm.... everyone says to fit a longer servo arm to gain more throw.... no one ever mentioned it can't be too long though (4-5cm?) or it will catch the bottom of the chassis as my longest one did!..... I should've measured this fitted one but too late now, I'd hazard a guess at 3cm but is a perfect fit and gives ore throw over the stock 2cm round one ... I placed the ESC just above it to clear the top arm

V4htGQC.jpg

• Like 6

@Jason1145 Love that F100 body on the monster truck.

@78Triumph I haven't really been into the scaler/trail truck thing but your Landie is definitely making me change my view. Looks fantastic and looks like fun driving on proper trails. 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2019 at 3:47 PM, topforcein said:

So finally managed to get ter fender flairs on the bruiser. Tryed with glue but that did'nt go as i planned so i double sided tape and then screw them on. Not happy with the fit but they are on and i like the look. just need decied on differant wheels or not.

IMG_20190227_152818.jpg

IMG_20190227_152910.jpg

They look good👍thing is even on the real off roader the extended arches never look perfect they look more "purposeful" so it just adds to the authenticity and I'm liking what ya done to the bed.......very good😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@Jason1145 Love that F100 body on the monster truck.

@78Triumph I haven't really been into the scaler/trail truck thing but your Landie is definitely making me change my view. Looks fantastic and looks like fun driving on proper trails. 

Yeah it really is a fun truck to drive! Even if it is a Traxxas :D

• Haha 1