Jump to content
Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Is that the rallylegends shell?

yes it is 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mn4oegl.jpg

Started a new Blitzer shell. First time with such large decals. It's going okay I think, few touch ups on the black needed. It looks so clean and different without all the sponsor logos, might keep it like this for a while.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@topforcein That Escort looks fantastic.

Late entry for me today. After a slightly frustrating rc week had a very mellow half hour building my Tamiya universals and fitting then to the rear of my Thunder Dragon. Also gave the roll centre a tweak. Lovely. Be nice if it dried up long enough to run something! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, topforcein said:

Fitted the cockpit today and tbh what a faf. So the only shell i can use it on is the mk2 escort shell as the wrc escort and the m3 has the window stickers on them and i can't use it on the pontiac trans-am shell for obvious reasons. But i like the results:wub:

1552671078119-1521614706.jpg

1552671123669-1043729435.jpg

IMG_20190315_173330.jpg

Beautiful looking car pal, I always wNted a forest arched 'scort, what chassis is lurking under it?

The only cockpit I ever fitted was to my Escort Cosworth and yes that was a faff too... but worth it just like yours.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have woken up to another damp and windy weekend, the third in a row now - I have about five or six body shells I want to paint but its pointless going out in the garden.

Boo hoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@topforcein That Escort looks fantastic.

 

why thank you very much it has got to be one of my fav shells tbh 

5 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Beautiful looking car pal, I always wNted a forest arched 'scort, what chassis is lurking under it?

The only cockpit I ever fitted was to my Escort Cosworth and yes that was a faff too... but worth it just like yours.

thank you very much jason and it sitting on a slighty hop'd-up tt-01 chasssis the chassis that came with my escort wrc kit i did'nt bother taking a pic of it seeing as once you've seen one tt-01 you have seen them all but if you want one i can do a pic for you but in my eyes it aint nothing worth looking at;). i have got to replace the strips on the bonnet and also the black pin strip on the side when i next get the box out where the stuff is 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Have woken up to another damp and windy weekend, the third in a row now - I have about five or six body shells I want to paint but its pointless going out in the garden.

Boo hoo

do them in the kitchen just stand on the entrance of the back door thats what i do and have the other halfs hair dryer to hand that way she'll have 2 reasons to go balistic:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a quiet 4WD buggy moment, then went on to perform much-needed but boring maintenance work on far less spectacular, yet constantly run 2WDs.

DSC_2631.JPG

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put one of the new battery boxes into Basher-Bear.

This should hold those lipos better in place. :lol:

aBRAfaj.jpg

Very tempted to try a 3S run, but the Carson 19x2 motor says 7.2V max so probably not a good idea if I want to avoid magic smoke.... <_<

Still have to repair the rollbar lights, looks a little naked without them.

1uYLQUJ.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up home alone this afternoon, and with it being utterly disgusting weather there was no chance I was going out on my bike, so I got started on a large list of niggly stuff that has left a few of my fleet unavailable to run. Started with a lot of soldering. Got a big 550 sensored brushless motor from a fellow member for my SCT, and when the 17t 5mm bore pinion turned up in the post today I decided to go for the install. Hobbywing 10bl120 ESC, soldered to motor tabs. All good but couldn't thread it through the shock mounts so cut the leads and did my first ever bullet connectors. Went OK thank goodness! Finished off with a Dean's plug. All went in fine, but couldn't test. Sensor lead was shonky. Gah! Foiled by electronics. Story of my RC life! Also tried to make a front anti roll bar out of 2mm piano wire. Generally went OK, but I don't have the proper retainers for the shock tower and it kept popping out of whatever I fashioned from washers. Frustrating as this thing grip rolls fairly easily and I think it needs some help staying upright! 

Received some lovely Tamiya rally wheel for Project RR-03Ra. 

2019-03-16_05-07-25

Still waiting for tyres, but tried them on the chassis. Looks like I need 7mm thick hexes to clear the uprights so I ordered some of those and some other sundries from Modelsport. 

It's OK all this tinkering but I am really hoping the weather sorts itself out next week so I can run something. Despite my tails of woe, Thunder Dragon, Ultra G and Grasshopper (DT0)3 are all still functional. Would be nice to drive something. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to my LHS for some glue and paint and saw this Hornet for 60 bucks so I had to buy it.  New body and complete.  Has a couple busted rear body mount posts but I think I have some spares.  Pretty pleased!

47397101511_fe5b13cfb4_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

47344416582_ecd53dd52f_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assembled some shocks to use on when my GF-01 arrives next week 😀

CC01 shocks

used my new magnetic mat

CC01 shocks

65mm between the hole centres. The barrel springs are soft/front medium/rear. The shock movement feels nicer than the old school yellow cva’s I built recently, although they had double the travel.

CC01 shocks

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dug out an unfinished project that’s been collecting dust for a while. The Blitzer wheels never really sat right for me with the arches trimmed back so I pulled the wheels off my GF01 (which don’t suit it) & with some DT02 uprights + adapters, shoved them on! 

40432364433_6d71bdbec3_b.jpg

The slightly larger radius lifted the car up (which was needed) but the front was a bit excessive so I repurposed a screw hole in the front arm to mount the lower shock further out (see left vs right in pic below) & bring it down enough, this also helps when setting up the toe in/out to give me just enough clearance at full lock & full suspension compression;

40432364413_89ffe7a48d_b.jpg

At this rate I might actually start using this car at some point this year! 🤣

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went out this evening for a run with my kids. Great time. Lunchbox, Mini Revo, and a Telluride. 

 

T5uBNXX.jpg

 

vT56JJm.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started on my Blitzer chassis's upgrade to Lipo & Brushless by dremeling the ribs in the battery compartment, seeing as its vital organs have now been transplanted into my M-05.

0paM1Pj.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed our clubs 8th meet today - I've been sick this week and couldn't face the noise. I realised that I shouldn't go when i checked the weather and was disappointed it wasn't raining - sorry don't mean to rub it in @ThunderDragonCy!

So instead I mowed our backyard track and ran some packs with my son then a friend brought his Super Hornet over. Unfortunately he had plugged the battery in to check it at home before coming over and on the way here the resistor had cooked itself. No idea how that happened. Anyway, we ran some of my cars and hes now wondering whether to throw more money at a beat up Super Hornet or just buy something new...I hope he does both

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ray_ve said:

Put one of the new battery boxes into Basher-Bear.

This should hold those lipos better in place. :lol:

aBRAfaj.jpg

Very tempted to try a 3S run, but the Carson 19x2 motor says 7.2V max so probably not a good idea if I want to avoid magic smoke.... <_<

Still have to repair the rollbar lights, looks a little naked without them.

1uYLQUJ.jpg

HSP right?

I've seen a lot of HSP kits locally but was hesitant to get one (1/10 car to convert to rally) because I wasn't sure about its durability. How is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jonathon Gillham It's cool. Sorry you are sick, but your back yard track day sounds ace. Complaining about the weather during the British Winter is completely pointless - I realise this - it's just been a particularly weird winter. 3 weeks ago when it would usually be snowing we had 12 days of unbroken sunshine and 15-20 deg. Almost summer! I ran rc (and bike) plenty. Now it's gone totally the other way and we have hurricane force winds and flooding for what has seemed like 2 weeks. I don't have any indoor running options unfortunately. Tinkering would normally fill the gap, but although I have plenty of projects in they are all a bit stalled, frustrating or waiting for parts. After yesterday afternoon I just could have really done with running the Dragon or something just to enjoy the fruits of my labour!

Quite jealous of your friends Super Hornet. I love the orange wheels on that buggy! He definitely needs to keep it running. A TBLE02S and a torque tuned wouldn't be expensive (I know you know this!) If it does still have the original wheels I found modern 2.2 slim fronts fit on the front wheels just fine. I have Schumacher mini pins on Ultra G. Decent tyres and some modern running gear would make it a tonne of fun. But you are also right he should get something new too 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Ended up home alone this afternoon, and with it being utterly disgusting weather there was no chance I was going out on my bike, so I got started on a large list of niggly stuff that has left a few of my fleet unavailable to run. Started with a lot of soldering. Got a big 550 sensored brushless motor from a fellow member for my SCT, and when the 17t 5mm bore pinion turned up in the post today I decided to go for the install. Hobbywing 10bl120 ESC, soldered to motor tabs. All good but couldn't thread it through the shock mounts so cut the leads and did my first ever bullet connectors. Went OK thank goodness! Finished off with a Dean's plug. All went in fine, but couldn't test. Sensor lead was shonky. Gah! Foiled by electronics. Story of my RC life! Also tried to make a front anti roll bar out of 2mm piano wire. Generally went OK, but I don't have the proper retainers for the shock tower and it kept popping out of whatever I fashioned from washers. Frustrating as this thing grip rolls fairly easily and I think it needs some help staying upright! 

Received some lovely Tamiya rally wheel for Project RR-03Ra. 

2019-03-16_05-07-25

Still waiting for tyres, but tried them on the chassis. Looks like I need 7mm thick hexes to clear the uprights so I ordered some of those and some other sundries from Modelsport. 

It's OK all this tinkering but I am really hoping the weather sorts itself out next week so I can run something. Despite my tails of woe, Thunder Dragon, Ultra G and Grasshopper (DT0)3 are all still functional. Would be nice to drive something. 

I guess their for the rs200!? 

You'll need some ford motorsport decals for them now 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, svenb said:

I guess their for the rs200!? 

You'll need some ford motorsport decals for them now 😉

Indeed they are! Wasn't aware you could get wheel decals like that. Where would I look for those? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Indeed they are! Wasn't aware you could get wheel decals like that. Where would I look for those? 

Me😉

PM me your address and I'll sort some out👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More suspension setup experiments on the DT-02.

DSC_2633.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

HSP right?

I've seen a lot of HSP kits locally but was hesitant to get one (1/10 car to convert to rally) because I wasn't sure about its durability. How is it?

Yes its HSP.

When I bought it us a used car, it was my 2nd car to have something drivable while frankenbear was still under construction.
Gave it a cleanup, full bearings, electronics, and the big bear body from team Bluegroove.

Mainly used for lazy sunday driving, wit the occasional small jump.

On its first run I broke a rear upright that holds the wheel axle/bearings. It is a little fragile with these big wheels. Replaced it with metal uprights front and rear and it has been problem-free ever since. :lol:

I liked the dual-shock look. And parts cost is next to nothing on aliexpress. Not that I even bought any more replacement parts, it just won't break...

Plastics like shocktowers and suspension arms are soft and a bit flexible, but because of this less prone to crack if smashed/rolled.

So price/quality whise, a fine car. Needs the occasional upgrade but that is no different with Tamiya or other brands. Happy I have it!

Charging a lipo right now, its dry outside so time for a drive!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ozzy's got a roll cage!

i-p7LjZPS-XL.jpg

More details in my build thread:

Jenny x

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...