Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

What ESC and servo are you running?  You said you had a 60a ESC but what is its BEC output?  You might get away with just using a glitch buster capacitor.  I run them on all my rigs with servos that have a big current draw, especially the Savox ones.

Running a Hobbywing 10BL120 120a ESC with 6V @ 3amp. Servo is a Trackstar Digital. 4.8-6.0v. 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackstar-ts-621mg-digital-1-8-scale-truggy-steering-servo-21-2kg-0-14sec-57g.html

What's a glitch buster? I suspect it's just me trying to use AM radios.

The motor is amazing by the way. Absolute torque monster!

• Like 1

Fitted my Luxury RC Camera Mount to my TacTic300 radio... now I can film hands free and get some low down shots which weren't really possible with a hat mounted camera.

Wl4wz0m.jpg

SOoOxlL.jpg

• Like 8

Quite a lot of sanding today. Sorting out the many layers of paint and primer. I think the seller just dobbed a thick layer of primer over a painted shell to make it look prettier. Not a huge deal just another layer to take off! 

5l3zV8u.jpg

fkMHRkZ.jpg

4yU2fFZ.jpg

Also did some lightening on my chopped up racer blitzer. Looks fairly extreme but it still feels pretty solid.

rlXMt7r.jpg

• Like 5

Fitted the latest round of mods to my overkill, over budget TT01E chassis.

Tamiya aluminium steering upgrade and carbon shock mounts. Almost there with this one, need to decide what do about outdrives and universals.....any help??

20190320_200321.thumb.jpg.9093bc795f725fcae65737f607e2b61b.jpg

• Like 3

Chassis built, mandatory lap of the living room completed. Next step is the body, bit of paint here & there, few stickers then off to work for the dump truck... I mean off to play!

Heavy D

A mate suggested using it to serve sweets at a party but he didn’t realise it’s a wheelie machine. I like the idea so I’ll probably get a few photos of it full of sweets before it gets dirty.

• Like 4

today i did an oopsie20190320_233952.thumb.jpg.ff66bd0e0209c5b279ae2a61a4937e96.jpg

fixed it a few minutes later trying not to damage the thread. was trying to adjust toe in a different way since the turnbuckle hex (?) was rounded off, essentially making the wrench useless. what have you done today?

• Haha 1

Well it looks like the GH2 has a new home which is very pleasing.

And my Wild One is at the sorting office for collection tomorrow which is great.

I have 3 Tamiya in various states of disassembly so I need to bascally pick one and put it back together and stop procrastinating 🤪

I love Tony's Tamiya Parts. 

Less than a week from my order, to posting in the UK, to my doorstep all the way over here on the left side of 'Murrica. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Made a RWD 4WS M-03:

2019-03-20_09-35-59

I’m so intrigued.

Did you use a Y lead with an inverter?

What did you use to raise the ball ends So high?

What shell will it get?

26 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I’m so intrigued.

Did you use a Y lead with an inverter?

What did you use to raise the ball ends So high?

What shell will it get?

The 4WS is accomplished with a 3ch RX and mixing on the TX.

The ball ends are raised on a pair of posts that are typically found separating the upper and lower decks on a F104.

It will be getting a scratchbuilt shell carrying a PG Tips "Monkeh" and a styrofoam teapot. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished up my fiance's Manta Ray in her chosen colours - that and some perfume yesterday I think I'm in the good books! 

ll5jHmu.jpg

X5AC523.jpg

Love that shade of green! 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

The 4WS is accomplished with a 3ch RX and mixing on the TX.

The ball ends are raised on a pair of posts that are typically found separating the upper and lower decks on a F104.

It will be getting a scratchbuilt shell carrying a PG Tips "Monkeh" and a styrofoam teapot. :)

Inspired! Looking forward to to seeing pics and video of the end product.

You have got me thinking...and buying an old M03...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Inspired! Looking forward to to seeing pics and video of the end product.

You have got me thinking...and buying an old M03...

Are you also planning a racing teapot? Or do you have other plans for it?

I've done a deal to buy an example of the only Kyosho that's ever held any interest for me - a Lazer ZX.

From what I've seen it looks in pretty good condition, so shouldn't need much doing to it.

I know nothing about Kyosho cars though so I'm sure plenty of questions will be asked :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NWarty said:

I love Tony's Tamiya Parts. 

Less than a week from my order, to posting in the UK, to my doorstep all the way over here on the left side of 'Murrica. 

thats great and great service from him as usual.

i get to go to tonys tamiya parts place tomorrow to collect my order of him can't wait:D

• Like 2

On 3/20/2019 at 2:31 PM, Hobgoblin said:

Quite a lot of sanding today. Sorting out the many layers of paint and primer. I think the seller just dobbed a thick layer of primer over a painted shell to make it look prettier. Not a huge deal just another layer to take off! 

5l3zV8u.jpg

fkMHRkZ.jpg

4yU2fFZ.jpg

Also did some lightening on my chopped up racer blitzer. Looks fairly extreme but it still feels pretty solid.

rlXMt7r.jpg

How'd you clean up the wheels? Sandpaper?  They look good!  I also like your choice in the Knipex tools.  Best tools out there!

• Like 2

Hi,

The wheels were cleaned up with sandpaper, but not in the most traditional manor! I machined myself a little 12mm hex adaptor to sit in a drill chuck - spin up the drill and hold sandpaper to it. Great for cleaning it up and keeping it true. The front plain bores have their own little turned adaptor and are sanded/polished in the same way. 

Yes I love knipex. Most of my hand tools are either Wera, knipex or bahco. I spent too long breaking pot metal cheapies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Are you also planning a racing teapot? Or do you have other plans for it?

It could become an alternative chassis for my Comical Pumpkin..

AB469FCF-9B54-4427-A7EE-373887733336.jpg

or a really nimble mini...

Really, playing around with another chassis is just a way of putting off finishing all the bodies I have yet to do...XV-01T, Frog, Hornet, Mini, Giulia, Chevy pick-up..<sigh>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ran Thunder Dragon this morning before work. Very good. Pulled apart the TRF201 transmission destined for RR-03RA. Very bad! Always felt rough (it's 2nd hand so didn't expect pristine) but its all rusted up and gloppy old grease in the diff. Can't face putting my fresh tungsten carbide diff balls in that so have order the reinforced diff and ilder set and some fresh 850 and 1050 bearings. Under a tenner to have fresh everything. Feels like the right move. And I get yo put off building the diff. Given my history with ball diffs this is a bonus 😂

• Like 1

God knows what paint the previous owner used to paint the windows but it took a lot of effort to strip & polish them back to clear even using a host of different products. Got there in the end though!

40471716223_a2f0e4ed48_b.jpg 40471716173_60927a3704_b.jpg

Just need to fit some fine line trim round the roof edge to sort out the horrific paint job now.

• Like 4

On 3/19/2019 at 10:52 PM, tamiya_1971 said:

OrFiZC7.jpg

Excellent color choice for the tiny Toyota Bruiser! You certainly have style ;)

Afternoon off because I am working tomorrow. Ran this for the first time in months. 

20190322_155250

It is so sorted. Handling is spot on, and so nice to drive. I have missed this shell too. One of my favourites. 

• Like 4