Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

360 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

I've been seeing a lot of them on the road lately, I really like them.  From one VW guy to another, congrats! 

Thanks! 

I loved my GLI but wanted something with less miles and a little more utility it was on the lot when i started working at the dealership and I just couldn't let it slip away lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scipunk said:

Thanks! 

I loved my GLI but wanted something with less miles and a little more utility it was on the lot when i started working at the dealership and I just couldn't let it slip away lol

I hear you on the utility aspect, plus the all wheel drive will be nice in the snow.  I love my GTI, I'd like to talk my wife into getting an Alltrack so I can have the best of both worlds :D  Enjoy the new ride!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Touched in and glued my Scorcher exhaust, so it is now ready to fit.

Built my Hornet Wannabee back wheels and added the newly arrived Super Champ back tyres.

Fitted my a new rear drive shaft to my Sand Scorcher.

Found some small spare bits to sell and some small bits I need to buy.

Then posted a redundant Acoms handset, which paid for the driveshafts and new tyres I bought last week.

So all in all a nice hour or two of Tamiya time. 

 

image.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a call from the guy i recently bought a large lot of vintage models from to ask if i was interested in any more, went along today to see.... How could i not buy it all?? :D

DSC_5184.JPG

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 6:08 AM, max69vk said:

I put some recently purchased anniversary edition wheels on it & tried a couple of shells to see how it looks, subsequently I’ve concluded I need some higher profile slicks on the rear (if anyone has any suggestions?)

47763978451_de42a4ceae_b.jpg

In standard setup there’s not enough ‘poke’ at the rear, & too much when using wide hexes & cups. I’m also thinking that the wheels look a lot better without the centres fitted?

 47763978491_230b65c930_b.jpg

 

Never mind the wheels, I vote for the yellow body instead!

But yes, just the chrome dishes look kewl too!

Jx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JennyMo said:

Never mind the wheels, I vote for the yellow body instead!

But yes, just the chrome dishes look kewl too!

Jx

It’s just high build primer with a quick coat of Matt clear coat, if I can work out how (or develop enough skill) to make a lower rear deck lid I might make another shell like this but without the suspension notches in the front arches - these were only put in to clear the dampers on a Blitzer Beetle chassis 😁

47773513761_675527cbd4_b.jpg

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was supposed to be racing today but all 3 of my offroad cars are, er, off the road. Jamie broke my Lazer last race day and I ordered parts but they are sitting at the guys house who would normally bring them to the track but he is racing in the US. I was going to take my nitro buggy to another club for an unofficial race day but realised (luckily) that I stripped a screw on the back of the engine and am waiting for a new one, which is at the same guys house. Along with the new tyres for my Ultima which will hopefully help with handling. The ultima is in working order but its so hard to drive theres no point without a 4wd for fun to offset the pain.

So we ran cars i  the backyard track. Jamie's HB D413 is back after a strip down and rebuild and bearings throughout. It is so much faster. It always felt a bit slow but I didn't look to much into it because I have the EPA at 60% for Jamie anyway. The thing flies now. Needed to run it at 40% in the backyard.

Also, non RC but I bet many of you will know what I'm talking about. As a kid I had an Amstrad CPC6128 and I recently put an emulator onto an old netbook for Jamie to play on. I completed Saboteur today, found that /$&#($ helicopter to escape which I never could 30 odd years ago. Now for Saboteur 2!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came across some self priming spray paint suitable for plastic at the local DIY warehouse while looking for a kitchen light. 

For less than $9 a can (310g) I thought it was worth a try for a Buggy Champ runner body. First impressions are really good. But they do release a heck of a lot more paint compared to the Tamiya tins. We'll see how they go.

kwXiH6yl.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Painted my WW2 headlights, fitted the Scorcher exhaust and put some bits and bobs on eBay to move them along.

Bought some tyres and some more bearing, that will be all for now until these parts arrive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I was supposed to be racing today but all 3 of my offroad cars are, er, off the road. Jamie broke my Lazer last race day and I ordered parts but they are sitting at the guys house who would normally bring them to the track but he is racing in the US. I was going to take my nitro buggy to another club for an unofficial race day but realised (luckily) that I stripped a screw on the back of the engine and am waiting for a new one, which is at the same guys house. Along with the new tyres for my Ultima which will hopefully help with handling. The ultima is in working order but its so hard to drive theres no point without a 4wd for fun to offset the pain.

So we ran cars i  the backyard track. Jamie's HB D413 is back after a strip down and rebuild and bearings throughout. It is so much faster. It always felt a bit slow but I didn't look to much into it because I have the EPA at 60% for Jamie anyway. The thing flies now. Needed to run it at 40% in the backyard.

Also, non RC but I bet many of you will know what I'm talking about. As a kid I had an Amstrad CPC6128 and I recently put an emulator onto an old netbook for Jamie to play on. I completed Saboteur today, found that /$&#($ helicopter to escape which I never could 30 odd years ago. Now for Saboteur 2!

Oh man I remember playing both those games on CPC464! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Oh man I remember playing both those games on CPC464! 

You should get winape and complete them...unless you did BITD. They are much more straightforward than I remember as a 7yo thats for sure

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Put a top hat on it and drove it in a music video.

2019-05-05_02-37-58

 

Top job, looks brilliant! Should put some eyes "Cars" style in the windscreen with that hat.. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Top job, looks brilliant! Should put some eyes "Cars" style in the windscreen with that hat.. 

Thanks! That is one of the options I am considering. That or googly eyes on the headlights. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the Multi Purpose Driver Figure in the Comical Hornet

20190505_134704

Its definitely a 5 footer, as in looks ok from 5 feet away! I have always been rubbish with brushes. Anyway, still pleased with how it turned out, the multi purpose driver figure set is brilliant. Really detailed with loads of options and die cut stickers. Highly recommended. 

20190505_134713

Also got and fitted an utterly superfluous (for this vehicle) hop up of reinforced 2 deg toe in rear uprights. They are very nice and although I can't really tell any difference to the handling I like that I have them

20190505_134728 2019-05-05_02-36-19

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many working buggies can you see below? 2? Correct.

How many do you think were working 20 minutes later? 0!!

A tree destroyed the Cats front right wishbone, the Top Force has other issues.

I think tonight will be spent stripping down the rear gearbox....

20190505_161948.thumb.jpg.b383e4abb04891f92bb1ecedb59fad50.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought some NIP King Cab wheels on eBay. Exchanged a few messages with the seller, turned out it was fellow TC member @Truck Norris 

It is a small world after all :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been out with the War Rig again today taking some more film.

1.png


2.png


3.png


4.png

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two working cars again, Cat is easy, spares galore for the front end of that. After a bit of investigation, theres a small, remote, hardly possible possibility that I may have put the motor on wrong last night.....

20190505_215437.thumb.jpg.e8e9852e4f14a2be45ba9084ef115483.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some progress on the F104 Pro II

CBAB8783-2216-4483-B885-46094331-B1-E5.j

body trimmed and mid paint. 

After enjoying the ps fumes I cracked open another body

7-D2-C71-FE-E276-4591-B76-A-3-E6-AA2-FCA

After the front corner got torn of my yellow Evo body, I fancied something for my XV-01 to wear on the shelf. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Finished the Multi Purpose Driver Figure in the Comical Hornet 

20190505_134713

 

Looks really good to me, loving the colour scheme. Looks very tempting as a beach holiday build. Would you say it’s good enough stock, without getting sucked in to hop ups?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had a weather pattern for the past month where it rains on the weekends and is clear during the work week; while it was raining today I took a few hours to put together a base TT02 on-road chassis (not a D, R, or S variant).  With no hopups to add complexity, and no desire to take pictures or do a build thread, and no grand plans to stress over, it was just a relaxing way to burn a few hours.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got these Land Rover mud flaps and installed them on my Defender.  I'm happy with them.  I'd like to get a set for the front too now.

47731868792_93cfcf8c24_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

47729899252_78bfe89041_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

47729899242_ac296b8ac1_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Looks really good to me, loving the colour scheme. Looks very tempting as a beach holiday build. Would you say it’s good enough stock, without getting sucked in to hop ups?

Mine is almost stock and its great fun. I have done a build thread, but the only changes I made are full ball bearings, including stripping and rebuilding the pre-assembled gearbox with them. Tamiya red o rings in the shocks and 600wt oil rear and 800 front to calm them down a bit. Brushless motor with steel pinion. I didn't try it with the stock slivercan,so I can't comment on the performance with that, but the reviews I watched on YouTube said that it was more amusing with a better motor. I wanted a bit more pep anyway and the tble02s ESC in the kit can run punchier brushless motors than brushed. The only other things I plan to add right now are some trimmed plastic M5 washers behind the drive pins on the wheel axles as there is floats of slop in these and I want them tighter. 

For beach running brushed seems to be the way to go, so I would suggest ditching the Tamiya ESC and get a hobbywing 1060. They are waterproof as a bonus. Then get one of those cheap 23 or 21t brushed motors off ebay or SMD. 

The wheels are 1.9" rims but quite wide so not sure how easy sand paddle tyres might be to find for thrm, but they are 12mm hex fitting all round so you could always replace the rears with a different wheel. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popped to the local car boot this morning with my Daughter for a wander about. Spotted this and kept it in mind then at the end wandered back to see if it was still there. It was and they wanted £5 for it :o Never one to pay the asking price I offered £3 and the deal was done :lol: 

E522C1D3-DD16-454C-9BB4-801A07B82110_zps

Its a Ripmax Jackal. A little 1/18 scale buggy thing. It needs a new front shock mount and I need to find a battery that will fit but I reckon my Daughter will quite enjoy it :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now