Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:11 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

That looks great. Have you taped the track? Makes sense as it will save a lot of arms and hubs, although could mean some headons I guess.

Have you gone all out on your M05? TRF shocks? And they fit a square lipo - is the chassis designed to take them or you modified it to fit?

Yeah, we used white duct tape to mark out the track.  Mainly because we share this space with other people.  They leave the tape alone but we can't have "proper" lane barriers either.  As you noted, the upside is far fewer breaks from barrier impacts and repairs but we do have the occasional "on-coming traffic" issue.  :O

I have an M-05 vII R so it comes with a fair amount of hop-ups including the TRF shocks.  I've added the aluminum steering bits and the aluminum motor cooling bars. I'm running a Tamiya GT Tuned motor so I think the cooling bars are mostly for looks.  ;)   Yeah, the vII chassis is designed to fit square batteries.

On 5/12/2019 at 2:18 PM, Badcrumble said:

Didn’t that win a prize at CES this year?

No, it got an honorable mention though.  :)

On 5/12/2019 at 3:12 PM, Blista said:

I remember seeing the photo of yours and wishing I'd thought to go with that paint scheme.  It looked great with the white and silver.  I debated buying the chrome bumper but I couldn't justify the $30 and I already had the acrylic paint.

Thanks bro. If you are absolutely keen on a chrome one I still have my new one I am not using, and if you have something useful similar to trade we could swap and it would only cost a each other a courier bag? Just an option for ya ;)

7 hours ago, berman said:

Thanks bro. If you are absolutely keen on a chrome one I still have my new one I am not using, and if you have something useful similar to trade we could swap and it would only cost a each other a courier bag? Just an option for ya ;)

Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure I'd have anything worth sending.  I'm pretty happy with how the painted one came out but I'll keep the offer in mind, as I might change my mind once I get tired of repainting scratches.

First time useing a air brush. And i deceided to try it on the hotwheels caddy i restoreing and tbh i am quite pleased with the finish but it is really hard to get a half decent pic of it with my phone.

IMG_20190515_142228.jpg

IMG_20190515_142124.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/14/2019 at 12:18 PM, nowinaminute said:

Sunday me and my daughter had a little bash. Aired out my Hunaqi 739 which has been dormant for ages. An interesting mix of Kyosho ripoff, team C/ansmann RIP off and Team associated SC10 ripoff 😂🤣 drives like a beaut!

JPzrcjc.jpg

How much was that 739, if I may ask?  Is it running on a 540 or 380 motor?  

My computer is slow today.  Can this be removed?  

The nice man from Shapeways sent me some parts so i have been qble to get both the Thunder Dragon and Ultra G back up and running. They have both been laid up after breaking them at the track last time out about 6 weeks ago. Thunder Dragon broke a rear upright, which was track 2 - uprights nil as i broke the first iteration on my previous track visit! New version has smaller bearings, thicker sections and i splashed out on a new material which is glass filled plastic which should be much strobger than SLS

20190515_191218

One of Ultra G's beautiful neon Super G rear wheels finally broke. At the same meet the track owner bought a box of old pin drive wheels from an old sponsor. There was a rear pair with some spike tyres in neon yellow, so with the Thunder Dragon uprights i tagged on some axle spacers. These got put between the bearings in the rear uprights and i used the spare axles from my Zahhak to convert it to pin drive. And now i have lovely neon wheels. Took them both out for a spin on fresh cut grass at the park. Lovely way to finish a day

2019-05-15_08-50-08

• Like 5

Replaced the lost wheel-nut from yesterday, but decided that it looks so much better with some genuine crud left on the tyres!

i-s43mGZD-XL.jpg

Jx

• Like 2

I took Satan's '01B out again. Absolute madness with that 23T pinion and 2700KV. It just wanted to swap ends whether accelerating, braking or just going in a straight line! It's funny because on brushed power, it always felt pretty easy to drive but this setup has really made it's flaws apparent.

Need to drop down to 19T before I take it out for a drive again plus put some decent oil in the shocks, shim out some of the play in the arms etc and perhaps most important of all, I don't think the tyres are glued which probably isn't helping the stability, especially if there's uneven slippage between the 4 wheels.

Despite all that, I had great fun!

0pQPocZ.jpg?1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Juggular said:

How much was that 739, if I may ask?  Is it running on a 540 or 380 motor? 

It cost about £55

It's a pretty decent buggy apart from one ridiculous flaw, the diff outdrive cups are plastic and will break easily. There are metal upgrade ones available but I just ended up swapping the diff for a ball diff from an Ansmann Mad Rat, there were selling them cheap on ebay at the time. Team associated SC10 diff should fit in there too. Seems to a be a lot of commonality between the team c tc02, team associated sc10, ansmann mad rat. mad monkey, Macnum etc etc

It comes with a 540 as stock, I just put a brushless in mine not long after I took that photo.

• Thanks 1

Decided to fit the 15t firebolts to the bullhead.

2019-05-15_03-02-12

Turns out it's like the Fox, with the motors needing a foot of wire, so plan aborted and the BBQ was lit 🥂🍗🍔 🙄

You're safe for now @Jason1145 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think its mandatory to post flex shots when you modify a CC01.  Fitted the stroke extension kit last night.

H1pJ1YN.jpg

QHi82zW.jpg

• Like 9

More progress on the F104, while watching Netflix’s F1 Driven to Win ...

1-A698938-4416-4948-A017-D316-F29-EF695.

A little more progress on the GT86 TRD,I think I’m going to have to hope the plethora of stickers hides the masking blushes 

• Like 3

On 5/15/2019 at 2:34 PM, topforcein said:

First time useing a air brush. And i deceided to try it on the hotwheels caddy i restoreing and tbh i am quite pleased with the finish but it is really hard to get a half decent pic of it with my phone.

IMG_20190515_142228.jpg

IMG_20190515_142124.jpg

That looks great. I have a box of cars I would like to restore but have balked at getting an airbrush. If I make a go of scratchbuilding then I might take the plunge. Bit daunting though...

On 5/15/2019 at 2:34 PM, topforcein said:

IMG_20190515_142228.jpg

IMG_20190515_142124.jpg

That looks great. I have a box of cars I would like to restore but have balked at getting an airbrush. If I make a go of scratchbuilding then I might take the plunge. Bit daunting though...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

thanks. i'm the same i have a huge box of my sons hotwheels that i could have a go at tbh.plus i do have a few larger ones i want to re-paint also

my airbrush is only a cheap one i brought from aldi 5 years ago but tbh by the look of it it is more than capable of doing this kind of job even the gun that came with it is a cheap one to but as you can see the finish is ok the colour coat is pactra i brought about 4 years back when my lhs was selling it all of cheap and the clear coat is tamiya gloss clear in the little pots 

• Like 1

Got reacquainted with a 28 year old friend that I have not seen for over 15 years. Here she is in all her white and pink nitro glory. Time for a teardown to get her running again. It'll be interesting to see what the inside of that old OS engine looks like. Good times ahead😎 

20190517_143711.jpg

20190517_143745.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DK308 said:

Got reacquainted with a 28 year old friend that I have not seen for over 15 years. Here she is in all her white and pink nitro glory. Time for a teardown to get her running again. It'll be interesting to see what the inside of that old OS engine looks like. Good times ahead😎 

20190517_143711.jpg

as long as you put after run oil in it then all should be fine.

i have'nt used my revo in about 5 years and around every year or so i hand crank the motor with out the head on then clean the carb with wd40 and then re oil again 

1 minute ago, topforcein said:

as long as you put after run oil in it then all should be fine.

i have'nt used my revo in about 5 years and around every year or so i hand crank the motor with out the head on then clean the carb with wd40 and then re oil again 

Well I suspect that it will be rusty and might have quite dry seals. This engine has no run for well over a decade, and mind you these pictures were taken after I cleaned her up.

The kid who had it did not take very good care of it, and afterrun oil would have been as much of interest as doing the dishes. 

Time will tell. I took good care of it back jn the day, but it has lived a long and lonely life in a damp shed since I sold it.

Today I won a BNIB F103GT chassis kit on eBay. I got it for a good price including the postage from Australia to the UK. 

A few hours after winning it I got a message from the seller saying they’d gone to post it and the postage was 3x as much as they’d quoted on eBay and that they wouldn’t be able to send it :angry: I looked into a few options myself including getting a friend of a friend who’s currently in Australia to bring it back with him in a few weeks time. However the seller then messaged me again saying it was all too expensive and they were going to refund me. Five minutes later I was refunded! I’m not a happy bunny at all about this. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Five minutes later I was refunded! I’m not a happy bunny at all about this. 

At least communication was prompt and a refund was issued.  We have several horror stories documented on TC of scams and losing models or losing money completely.  I get your disappointment; at least it was a clean exit.

Modeled and 3D printed a new servo mount for the Dual Hunter, this mount attaches to the chassis with 4 self-tappers into the 4 original servo mounting points, and sits snug between the two halves of the chassis.

Feels much stronger and tighter compared to the original! :)

59x2DlA.jpg

lZHF9yV.jpg

The chassis is now completely build with new silver cans replacing the damaged motors.
Ty-rap the wiring down, charge the new stickpack lipo, and I can test-drive this weekend. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just gave my TXT-2 Chassis a blast up the street in the dark! electrics not even finalised but couldn't resist. Rolled it 3 times, and managed a 3 meter wheelie, good god it's a fun rig! Does standing wheelies on 2S, which I wasn't expecting.:D

Just need to tidy some stuff and cut out and paint the shell. May need to get a runner shell...the thing just begs to be abused!