Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it's nothing much, but i put on some spares for my TT02 after an unfortunate motor mount incident.

what's this thing for? it's on the sprue but nowhere in the manual.20190517_154319.thumb.jpg.986e57d5faec3ea325c89907775ff781.jpg

any answer would be appreciated. what have you done today?

After a disappointing go on the beach with my CW-01 unimog recently tonight I stripped down the gearbox and then realised the issue was that the tyres were spinning on the back wheels. Used rubber bands to fix the problem (thanks Tamiya Club people for that tip!). Next I moved the body higher up the posts to stop the tyres rubbing when going over bumps & used more rubber bands to eliminate body rattle. 12 little rubber bands have made a big difference to my mog.

• Like 1

Took out my HPI Baja brushless for the first time. I can’t believe people think 6s is slow. The thing doesn’t pull wheelies but it is freaking fast. Afterward realized I puffed one of the 3s Lipo packs so bigly that I’ll have to get rid of it. The pack is about 2 years old so I got enough fun out of it.

Last coat of green today. This paint has come up really well so far. More than good enough for a runner body. Now to let it harden before adding some dark metallic grey.

RaC7ePCl.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Uranium said:

it's nothing much, but i put on some spares for my TT02 after an unfortunate motor mount incident.

what's this thing for? it's on the sprue but nowhere in the manual.20190517_154319.thumb.jpg.986e57d5faec3ea325c89907775ff781.jpg

any answer would be appreciated. what have you done today?

Is that not the piece which secures the drive shaft at the front of the chassis behind the gearbox? 🤔 

• Thanks 1

Painted my Sand Scorcher wind screen wiper Wahoo!

Cancelled a Kyosho Beetle order, blinding, kit great price but maybe another time 👍

Drove the Dual Hunter!

With dual silver can, it is not the fastest thing around, but still a nice recreational drive with good traction on dirt and grass.

And a somewhat different drive from usual with its dual motor setup. The front wheels can spin high rpm loose with the rear having 100% traction. ^_^

Until my kid slammed it into the garden furnature and a front shock broke.... :blink:

D4tKilv.jpg

So... back to the parts bin to find a replacement shock eye. To be continued! I'm sure I have something left over somewhere....

Overall, much happier with this car now then when I got it. The new servo mount and metal steering horn can take the abuse and the new motors run well. :lol:

Anybody know if 3S lipo's are available as a stickpack-shape??

• Like 1

Got the firebolts nailed in @Jason1145! 😁

Now after a week of sunshine,.it's raining....😭 

2019-05-18_01-51-18

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Got the firebolts nailed in @Jason1145! 😁

Now after a week of sunshine,.it's raining....😭 

2019-05-18_01-51-18

Good job Wooders, glad my raindance has worked too lol, dad dancing is not cool but sometimes necessary!

Would be interesting to see what these Fireballs do to the top speed anyway so good luck with the weather soon.

Today I got down the park with these two little rigs.... y big Trophy Rat SCT on 2s lipo, and my daughters Lunchbox for it's maiden run on 6cell Nimh (think I had the tble-02s set to lipo but not sure if it affected the running... it did cut power after 20 minutes when I gunned the throttle, it went dead until the throttle was released and then the same thing when gunned again... repeat 5 times... leave it sitting for a minute then it worked fine when gunned.... odd!)

Anyhow... this is how they started out

R7XBhmk.jpg

And this is where they usually ended up as my 3yr old daughter thought it was hilarious to have them stuck in the grass ;p

mRkTPtm.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Today .. i waited for a buyer.. 2 tanks ( Gepard and Leopard ) where suppose to change hands today.

( allows me to fund the repairs of the others who stay )

Well, this was actually the 2e time.. as last week , a guy was also suppose to show up to pick them up.

Today.. again a no show..

what is it with people, making a appointment, and not showing up..  at least the first one cancelled a few hours before..

The other one just.. well..  - nothing -

Maybe i just expect a bit to much of "collectors with the same hobby" .. i do not know ...

Stripped my old Mugen Seiki Prime 12 nitro chassis down. I think its easily 20 years old, and has a lot of miles on it. But the parts still look great! 

The plan is to clean up everything, get new bearings and some shims to set the differentials dead center in the housings as there is some play on them to the incoming shaft/gear.

And then start the brushless conversion. :D A 3900KV coupled with a 3S should be sweet! And I also have a NOS body for it, painted with Calvin and Hobbs, it only needs the final coat and decals.

Boxed up another car, this time for delivery to Switzerland

33999529698_8fd23a1d7a_b.jpg

• Like 3

Lots of squinting today while making the most of some uninterrupted time to paint a Buggy Champ driver and Sand Blaster Tyre lettering.

qbWh1rUl.jpg

• Like 5

Sold my spare FAV tyres which is great and trimmed and touched in my SS wiper blades ready to be fitted 👍

Ordered the materials I need for the mugen Seiki. 

Now to clean the parts, they have old Nitro fuel resedu on them. Hopefully the ultrasonic cleaner can get it clean with soap, otherwise I need to find some kind of solvent..

Fitted my wiper blades, listed some bits on eBay and my spare SS body set was collected tonight by its new owner. 

Nope Racing strikes again.  I went to install their adjustable motor mount in my TT02, and the screw spacing doesn't match the face of my motor.  I've had zero problems with this motor in other cars, so I'm guessing they got it wrong.  I guess I need to measure it and break out some files.

• Sad 1

Cut out my first Lexan body today. Easily the most stressful and least enjoyable part of the build :unsure:

not today but yesterday  

53hra  delivered me a pair of tamiya scissors in person (thank you very much for that)

and we had a good chat for a while over rc of course;)

• Like 1

A lick of paint on the brat today.

I started by sanding off the epoxy tumour i had created to fill the front body mount hole.
vKTAO7r.jpg

eHcXcEN.jpg

A little waspism to disctract from any lumps left from the filling

And finally a test drive :) Quite happy with the look

Technically yesterday, finished rebuilding my vintage Super Champ. I did use the following re-release parts: front bumper, tires/wheels, and shocks. The re-release front shocks bolt right on. I did install the re-release rear shock, and it works fine, BUT it is 10mm shorter than the original Super Champ rear shock. So, not as much droop or up travel as the original rear shock.

IMG_20190520_072323358.thumb.jpg.3f775cd1f9fdfea3cad45e3050b2e827.jpg

Still might clean up/repaint the driver and roll bar. The body is in good shape, no paint, and the original stickers are good. It would be a shame to strip it down and paint it, especially since it is supposed to be a "runner". Will probably just repaint the driver figure.

• Like 2

I took my rere blackfoot out for it's 1st run. I put a runner shell and the original wheels on for this. It is the 1st time I've tried a brushless motor. Had a lot of fun doing a lot of donuts :D

• Like 1

Got the Boomerwig running. Waiting on stickers, but pleased how it turned out. Not sure if it's a keeper yet, but it's fun to drive. 

20190520_210742

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, topforcein said:

not today but yesterday  

53hra  delivered me a pair of tamiya scissors in person (thank you very much for that)

and we had a good chat for a while over rc of course;)

You’re very welcome - we will definitely catch up again and shoot me the info on the decals I’ll see if I can make some leads for you  :) 

• Like 1