Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I took the running boards and bottom edge of the rear wings off my scrap Sand Scorcher shell tonight.

Sand paper next too tidy it up and then maybe fix the hole that’s been punched into the boot lid. 

Worked on my Tamiyaclub "Motion" contest entry.  It took a bit of trial and error, but I was finally happy with this TRF801XT shot...

TRF801XT_Motion_Contest_Entry_1536.jpg

• Like 11

Still working on stripping a Mad Bull body with at least 4 layers of paint on it. Blue, lime green, black, and silver.  Over cleaner barely took anything off after being in a plastic bag for two days. Brake fluid stripped most of it down to this blue paint, but the blue paint won't come off!   Put a full bearing kit in the Mad Bull over the weekend. I was rather surprised to find that the ESC that came with it worked fine as well as the steering servo.

Quick bit of tinkering last night. Put new upright ball joints on the Boomerwig to de-slop the front end, and new wing mount to get it looking proper again. No running of anything at the moment due to disgusting weather. 

Ordered a full bearing set for the M-05 from a UK based supplier because the aliexpress kit never showed up.

So hopefully I can start assembling the car next weekend. :)

Got the Dirt Thrasher ebay wreck back home. Body is knackered, and i pulled the MSC and associated gubbins out. Turns out the front of the chassis is cracked at the gearbox mounting, which is frustrating as it wasn't on the ebay listing. Otherwise seems good. Another thing that turned up was some brand new GF01 wheels from a fellow member, which were due to go on my Comical Hornet to see if it stopped tipping over, but thrn another semi-plan formed. Applying my aesthetic rule that no buggy is made worse by applying a Grasshopper2 body, i got here

20190612_200318 20190612_200327 20190612_200335

I sense this quick resto-have-a-drive-sell-it might have sprouted itself a project. To be continued..... 

• Like 3

Finally got a chance to finish the TRF503.

Boy do fotos not do the PS-52 anodized gold justice :p 

20190613_004332.jpg

• Like 5

Added my protek servo to my egress, super fast, got rid of the little slop i had with tactic high torque digital i was using and had to swap the ball end on the servo saver because it was hitting the driveshaft. This weekend i will add my hobbywing 10.5 motor

B1F0249E-9509-49E4-B6C1-D072764CC0CC.jpeg

• Like 3

Today it was not a good day for me, I took my serpent sct out for a drive after 2 minutes of driving I ran in to a steel pole and snapped of a rod end, so the fun was over.

then I decided to put the batteries in to my heavy dump truck and run that, when I arrived at my bashing spot I noticed that I forgot to change the transmitter:angry:, so I went home to pick that up.

With the right transmitter I decided to run the heavy dump truck on grass for the first time, I ran that car only  on the beach, I was a disaster, it was terrible to drive on grass I get a lot of roll overs an tip overs and salto's so that was not fun and I did not want to wreck the body so after 10 minutes of driving I just give up and go home.

At the beach its a very fun car to drive but on grass it have to much grip with the proline sct badlands tires I have on it, I think I am going to change the wheels and tires for the wild willy onces I know that they have less grip but I like a little slip and sliding and with 4 wheel drive I think its fine.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:02 AM, Nicadraus said:

Not that but this...

tamiya-54665-3.jpg

The one you posted is for TT02 and not for CC01.

How did I miss that he was running a CC-01?  :O  Sorry!

3 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

How did I miss that he was running a CC-01?  :O  Sorry!

No worries. :)

Co-worker wants to sell me the following as he knows how much I love Tamiya stuff, knows they're going to a good home, and he's a fellow modeler:

- Tyrell six-wheeler (f103)

- Mini Cooper M03

- Ferrari FFX

- Ferrari 360 Modena

All in beautiful shape, some with uncut/unpainted bodies, with transmitters, batteries, hop-ups, bags, chargers, etc. All for $200 USD. 

I think my wife is going to kill me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Reassembled my WW2 gearbox with bearings and now I’m up and running I’ll put the rest of the chassis back together slowly but surely.

Decided I’m going to fix the gaping hole in the Scorcher bonnet next. 

• Like 2

Did a bit more reassembly on my Procat, trying to get it finished in time for the Iconic Schumacher Challenge this weekend.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll get it done in time. It needs electrics fitting, a body sorting and it's not turned a wheel yet let alone be race ready.

Watch my boys take great delight at an FT016 blatting about the holiday pool :) boats are such a novelty!

Stickered and started on the Super Astute 

CB143-B19-A1-E1-4-EC4-A880-74688-E381083

I was confused for a little while, as the 2mm c-clips were nowhere to be seem. Instead they appear to have been replaced by 5mm e-clips. I didn’t seem to have a correction insert, so I’m curious to know if that’s the same for all re-res?

• Like 3

So for $150 USD I got this from my buddy:

Cars: 

- Tyrrell P34 (2000 re-release) with full electronics. Beautiful body with never used decal sheet.  

- Mini Cooper M03 with full electronics. This thing is adorable!

- Ferrari FXX TT-01 with full electronics, never been run and has about $100 worth of Tamiya hop-ups on it. Unpainted body. 

Radios and electronics:

- Sanwa/Airtronics Blazer Sport

- Futaba 2PL

- Acoms Technisport (never had an Acoms radio since I'm in the States!)

- Tamiya Adspec with stopwatch

- Acoms two-stick radio

- Novak ESC, Traxxas ESC, 

- Multiple Rxs and Futaba S003s

- Silver can 540 (new), Super Stock BZ (new)

MISC:

- New, uncut Pro-Line Mazda MX-6 racing body

- Complete Tackle Box full of spares

- Kyosho MSC

- Batteries, to include original 1700mah Tamiya small packs for the F103

- Tamiya AA battery chargers

- frequency tester

- Hot Wheels radar gun

- Kyosho black carrying case/bag

- Two Nicd/Nimh chargers

PHOTOS COMING TONIGHT!

• Like 6

well today was the day for my long awaited decals for the reefer trailer.

i had the mock up pics sent early in the week and i ok'd them 

so i went to get them today  and when i got them handed to me they was the worst effort i have ever seen.

they over all colour was nothing like the pics they sent me and was out of focus real bad.

then what must have been the owner came out and started with his mouth. and wanted me to take them and pay half the bill but tbh their was no way that was ever gonna happen.he then said i ok'd the pic they sent me and i said yes as that pic was ok and not blurred.

it looked like all he did was blow it up on a windows paint thingy( i cant remember the propper name for it) and expected me to accept it so at that i just walked out the shop and left him with a £110 loss.

it really has miffed me off tbh as i got messed about by them for nearly 2 months.

so i have to find another way to get this decal/paint done.

10 minutes ago, topforcein said:

well today was the day for my long awaited decals for the reefer trailer.

i had the mock up pics sent early in the week and i ok'd them 

so i went to get them today  and when i got them handed to me they was the worst effort i have ever seen.

they over all colour was nothing like the pics they sent me and was out of focus real bad.

then what must have been the owner came out and started with his mouth. and wanted me to take them and pay half the bill but tbh their was no way that was ever gonna happen.he then said i ok'd the pic they sent me and i said yes as that pic was ok and not blurred.

it looked like all he did was blow it up on a windows paint thingy( i cant remember the propper name for it) and expected me to accept it so at that i just walked out the shop and left him with a £110 loss.

it really has miffed me off tbh as i got messed about by them for nearly 2 months.

so i have to find another way to get this decal/paint done.

Did you send them the correct size image? You need quite a large size, as yes all they do is blow it up and if it is too small then it becomes blurry and/or pixelated, otherwise they have to redraw the whole image which costs $$$. I went to the signage company that signwrites the full size trailer for my 'Pak n Save' truck and he said it was an easy scale down of their original image.

0qb87tV.jpg

• Like 10

Started rusting up a new body for my Blitzer Beetle.  Going to get it real rusty looking then do a light top coat of color to it looks like the paint has worn and faded with the rust coming through.

48063526316_9db9071a31_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48063574333_5bab7e243c_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48063625682_6137db6bc7_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48063625772_635e420f42_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 15

Designed and printed a GPS tray for my TT02 today; it takes the place of the kit upper bumper cover.  I have an XL urethane bumper to install in lieu of the drift bumper.  The GPS is held in place with some Velcro plus the body lightly pushes down on it too.  This also provides the added benefit of keeping the body's nose from folding under at speed.  So I'm pretty pleased with this as the GPS is protected inside the body yet is still visible for filming/photos.  I have some other designs in the works for a battery strap and a fan/wiring mount; hopefully I can get to those tomorrow.

IMG_4060.JPG

• Like 9

After 5 years my Grasshopper body broke - RIP. Time to get the black body I got a year ago ready.

I also bought a used Spektrum S6270 low profile servo for my TLR 22 2.0. I'm just about ready to drive it for the first time.

15 hours ago, berman said:

Did you send them the correct size image? You need quite a large size, as yes all they do is blow it up and if it is too small then it becomes blurry and/or pixelated, otherwise they have to redraw the whole image which costs $$$. I went to the signage company that signwrites the full size trailer for my 'Pak n Save' truck and he said it was an easy scale down of their original image.

0qb87tV.jpg

that looks great

tbh the only 2 pics i had was one of google images and one from a member from of here the one pic of the member was taken at a show and the other was from the original so it was all i had and the chap did say he re sized it . tbh i can' believe they thought the decals was good and even expected me to accept it.

he even said that he has had customers nit picking all him all week witch tell you everything.

i wish i could find a good airbrush artist near to me.

tbh i cant understand that they thought i would pay £110 gbp for that effort esp seeing there are at least 2 printers on ebay selling reefer stickers for between £28 and £40 but the only one i like is the bandit version but its not meant for a merc truck and 3 wheel reefer plus my colour scheme is different to snowmans.7

it really is starting to frustrate me know even to the point that i am concidering useing kit decals witch i dont want to

I got the Proline 2017 Raptor body for my birthday. Been hanging my nose over it forva while because its 273 wheelbase but onky 150mm wide so should fit on my DT03. Rough cut says it does! 

Tamiya DT03 T Stadium Truck build. Blitzer Beetle wheels, Proline F150 Raptor 2017 Dual Cab monster truck body Tamiya DT03 T Stadium Truck build. Blitzer Beetle wheels, Proline F150 Raptor 2017 Dual Cab monster truck body

Got a load of half finished paint cans so expect stripes! 

• Like 7