Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pre-ordered my CC02 with Time Tunnel Models.

I haven't built a car in well over a year, it will be nice to return to the hobby with something fresh.

Already thinking of ways I can maybe mount my Jeep YJ body on the chassis, though. Manual isn't giving any obvious clues...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Pre-ordered a new shell

2019-10-03_11-53-44

I am very excited. Absolutely love these. LandL models have got this repro done by control freax.

That looks great. I know you have one already but have you seen their RS200? I have one destined for my TB01 one day...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Pre-ordered a new shell

2019-10-03_11-53-44

I am very excited. Absolutely love these. LandL models have got this repro done by control freax.

That looks great. I know you have one already but have you seen their RS200? I have one destined for my TB01 one day...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Thanks. Yeah, seen the RS200. They have some lovely stuff. Quite tempted by the super touring Accord too. 

• Like 1

Because of the Kyosho Ultima re release hitting the shelves in the near future i thought i should restore my original 1986 Ultima to an presentable standard. I tore it apart, cleaned everything, substituted worn or broken parts and topped it off with a body i bought years ago from tc member gerolf on here. I will post some more pics in the Kyosho section on here.

IMG_20191003_202339103.thumb.jpg.fd18cdcc941e6fd44b4940de45399f4d.jpg

IMG_20191003_201822785.thumb.jpg.ce92af74849f07de67759cc149ecdd5c.jpg

• Like 13

I thought I'd missed the boat on the Top Force hicaps tamiya recently released, thankfully Tamico had some that arrived today, assembled the fronts this evening.

Months ago I got a cheap pair of "used" Gmade XD shocks for my FAV. Less scale but better performance. I realized I've never driven the car since, so I took it out for a run. The shocks were a lot less bouncy than the Frog dampers I had before. It's still a FAV, not a race buggy,  but the rear end doesn't bounce as much so I'm happy.

Unfortunately the side bracket of the light bar I had on the roof came off and ended my run. It's lost in the grass somewhere so I'll have to rig up something.

9 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Drove me Land Rover while my daughters rabbit hung out.

48834790632_ac4d7f0bc2_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Looks like it's about to rain chocolate raisins on your windscreen 😉

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, berman said:

Looks like it's about to rain chocolate raisins on your windscreen 😉

Hahaha!

• Like 1

Just finished soldering a Deans connector on a Hobbywing 880. Now my Clod can get some of that 3S goodness. 😎

• Like 1

It may not be the prettiest Top Force, but it gets used! I've wanted hicaps on a DF01 chassis since i was 10 so I'm over the moon that Tamico had some left! Also finished setting up the servo on my rerelease Top Cat, really looking forward to running that one.

20191004_200645.thumb.jpg.9706135bb3d32c3a94e717bea195e733.jpg

• Like 6

Shipped the 1st edition Cold Buster to its new owner. I'm slowely ganing some shelf space again. ^_^

Took a big box to package that! 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 11:58 AM, ThunderDragonCy said:

Pre-ordered a new shell

2019-10-03_11-53-44

They have just changed the Iconic class rules at my club to be Tamiya class; any non-TRF chassis so long as you run iconic spec brushed motor. I think this is heading for my TA06 for a spot of racing!

Does this come with the injection moulded parts?

• Like 1

Went racing indoors for the first time. Got some battle scars

Battle scars

Was fun. Got loads of help and advice from a pit buddy, chased the setup a bit, but boy do you run out of space fast in a 10th touring car indoors! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Went racing indoors for the first time. Got some battle scars

Battle scars

Was fun. Got loads of help and advice from a pit buddy, chased the setup a bit, but boy do you run out of space fast in a 10th touring car indoors! 

Those racing shells dont last long eh. And all touring cars are crazy fast indoors, even the 'slow' 21.5T. How did you like it compared to outdoors?

Made some FRP parts for a Porsche 962 shell to replace the big wing/scoop and reduce drag. 
OFfpN83.jpgQDEQweg.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday's fun at the track...

AiSHzNgh.jpg

DvdGQohh.jpg

sRUk8D9h.jpg

RKUgtChh.jpg

HioNZCTh.jpg

uwOtiLsh.jpg

I'm very, very impressed with my FF-03RR. It performed really well and would even surpass the XVs (There were 3 XV-01 I ran/raced with) at long straights. I learned the cornering trick at hairpins while other corners are no problem with this FF car. :)

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Those racing shells dont last long eh. And all touring cars are crazy fast indoors, even the 'slow' 21.5T. How did you like it compared to outdoors?

True! It was fun, but you run out of space so fast on a tight indoor track in a 1/10th TC. It will certainly teach me precision and get my car dialled. Minis and GT12s seem to have much more space. I enjoyed it, and I get a lot of driving (4 x 5 min heats plus a bit of warm up and practice), and indoor is perfect for winter weather (it was chucking it down last night) but I think i prefer the outdoor asphalt track. It's a fixed layout and it suits the car, but this is great too.

I got a lot of help from a fellow driver. Looking forward to having another go as i spent the whole night chasing the setup on both chassis, steering and ESC. With a bit of time away from racing to get the steering and ESC settings sorted (i had to add loads more steering angle brcause the track was so narrow and tight) I would start at a much better point. 

• Like 1

Tough love today, cleaned the FAV and photographed it and a spare set of wheels so they can go up for sale. 

I have to start studying today for an exam which if I don’t pass then I loose my Job at the end of February 🤪.

Better crack on then 😂

Took my TT01E for a first drive at the local indoor track. It’s very clear I need a lot of practice and will be in the beginners class for a while :) 

• Like 4