Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, Juggular said:

I like that Chrome Yellow!  My Midnight Pumpkin's 2nd body (lunchie) isn't painted yet.  Please don't mind if mine turns up with TS47! 

Are those Traxxas shocks, @lsear2905?  

Yes - they're all Traxxas shocks - the car seemed to handle nicely with the stock silver can using these. It'll be going up to a Traxxas Titan 12T very soon though!

• Like 2

Thought I’d try my Brat body on the Black edition Monster Beetle chassis. I rather like it myself.

DD638E54-B515-4A88-9131-1F873E426468.md.

275BAC43-2C2D-4B27-9704-6E03CB58B881.md.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Re-Bugged said:

Thought I’d try my Brat body on the Black edition Monster Beetle chassis. I rather like it myself.

What about a pic of the MB body on the Brat chassis?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mtbkym01 said:

What about a pic of the MB body on the Brat chassis?

Not terribly exciting in that department yet as it’s still just a raw black plastic shell unfortunately at the moment  😕

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Re-Bugged said:

Not terribly exciting in that department yet as it’s still just a raw black plastic shell unfortunately at the moment  😕

Fair enough then mate 👍

9 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

That's a proper good looking truck looks as though it's just meant to be👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

Yes - they're all Traxxas shocks - the car seemed to handle nicely with the stock silver can using these. It'll be going up to a Traxxas Titan 12T very soon though!

Chrome yellow is the colour of the lunchbox box art if you put the paint lid up to it it's a absolute perfect match I could never understand why tamiya tell you to spray it basic yellow?

• Like 1

Finished off my topforce (vintage servos)purely as a shelf queen I've put a brushless combo in for the moment until I find a suitable brushed motor don't know which one until I see it!

20191027_102316.jpg

• Like 10

Added hot racing aluminum steering knuckles to my txt 2. Had to add tamiya spacers for the heavy duty rod to clear the servo

34FABDD6-A34B-43EF-B62F-CE9D2669BDAB.jpeg

D6EB9AF3-EDF6-4C06-B107-E0684FEFB9D6.jpeg

B03CF5AD-811D-47D3-96FF-EA52A4C26713.jpeg

• Like 1

I haven’t done anything R/C related for quite a while. Life has got in the way a bit and hobbies have had to go on the back burner. I’ve even sold off a couple of “future projects” because realistically I won’t get around to doing them all :(

However, during the week I managed to get myself a sickness bug, which meant a couple of days off work. Once the sickness had stopped I decided it was R/C time (or should that be Tamiya time?). I dragged out one of my “future projects” and gave it a dust off :)

B1ED32CF-7574-478B-B4E2-135D815741C6_zps

91325432-E540-43A6-8679-D405BD17C8DB_zps

For those that don’t know. It’s a TA-01 with an HPI chassis upgrade. Rare as a rare thing apparently :lol: 

Once it was cleaned up I set about cutting out my new body from L&L Models ready to go on. Then it was the nerve wracking part of making the post holes and getting them right! Luckily I managed it!

54676FCB-E0DA-4DA9-BFC2-222120900BB8_zps

137E32A8-9D7F-4717-A3CE-EF64BA41CD5E_zps

That’s about as far as I got. The cut edges still need smoothing down, it needs masking and painting obviously and I need to rebuild the shocks for the chassis. I love it though :D 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, moffman said:

Finished off my topforce (vintage servos)purely as a shelf queen I've put a brushless combo in for the moment until I find a suitable brushed motor don't know which one until I see it!

20191027_102316.jpg

Where did you get the Evo Decals from?

42 minutes ago, Oneball1971 said:

Where did you get the Evo Decals from?

MCI racing (next best thing to the original) 

11 hours ago, moffman said:

20191027_102316.jpg

Find a Dynatech 01R. :)

• Like 1

Went racing today, 10th scale on an 8th track. The track has just been remade for the Counties Cup which is a 3 day event woth about 100 buggies entered. The normal club day was scheduled for today so it was a shakedown for the track. It was a fun day put but I think I need a new ESC for my 4wd buggy as after a heavy landing I had steering but no throttle. I run stock class and the racing is so close, often the only time you pass or get passed is because of a mistake. Now I'm tossing up whether its worth the extra $ for an ESC with 0.00018ohm instead of 0.0003 ohms resistance...it helps I've had a couple of beers so I can pretend that will make a difference. 

I also ran my Ultima RB6.6 with a slipper for the first time and it was better than the eliminator but is still not my favourite. Its on notice...

My son did well though, at the start of the day the track was new to everyone and he was being marshalled less than many of the adults.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Cracking looking Top Force @moffman B). @Jonathon Gillham can't be far off finishing his to I'm sure ;)

I haven't  started mine - not allowed until the 15th December (a family xmas a bit early since the other one is 8 hour drive away)  It was part of the deal when I saw them available and ambushed my wife

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I haven't  started mine - not allowed until the 15th December (a family xmas a bit early since the other one is 8 hour drive away)  It was part of the deal when I saw them available and ambushed my wife

Small price to pay for endless future happiness having to wait til the 15th Dec. Its all about keeping the peace too ;). Talking of ambushes, in asking sincerely what my wife would like for Christmas recently, after some time the conversation came around to what I'd like, 'Funny you should ask' I said. 'It just so happens Wild Ones seem to be filling shelves again after stocks being depleted from the last run that are in my price range and it was a toss up between the Blackfoot or Wild One last year' So before you could say Merry Christmas a Wild One was in the cart & ordered. I did use a Voucher I had left over from Fathers Day to that helped a bit. I'll have to wait for Christmas for it though. 

Now if I could just remember what is was the wife asked for ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Find a Dynatech 01R. :)

Yep that's the one on the top of the list! I've seen a few for sale but the prices people are paying for them are a bit ridiculous although they were a bit expensive originally? I'm in no hurry!

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:17 AM, Re-Bugged said:

The gold wheels tie into the decal colors quite well. 

• Thanks 1

Not perfect (why can't Tamiya provide window masks!) but I've pretty much finished my Zahhak. Just need to tidy up the wiring a bit. 

Not the most popular model, but I don't think it looks too bad if you ditch the box art stickers!

It has a Schumacher wing as I've got a few laying around and I hate cutting out wings!

20191117_131403.thumb.jpg.aaec62e4558c3e7a3d5f58835a2d926f.jpg

• Like 12

I started stripping down my recently acquired Hilux Monster Racer so I can clean it all and rebuild it. 

h4gxO04.jpg

Spent 10 minutes searching for an E clip that pinged off then I looked in the mirror....

Pst3iT4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

38 minutes ago, nellyle said:

Not perfect (why can't Tamiya provide window masks!) but I've pretty much finished my Zahhak. Just need to tidy up the wiring a bit. 

Not the most popular model, but I don't think it looks too bad if you ditch the box art stickers!

It has a Schumacher wing as I've got a few laying around and I hate cutting out wings!

38 minutes ago, nellyle said:

I bought one 4 years ago from tamiyausa and it blows away all the non trf tamiyas. It was the best $110 spent on any rc stuff.  I see in the past year or so now everyone loves them lol. I always liked the body minus the tamiya box art