Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Took the kids racing on the frozen pond with our DT02s

3xdt02.jpg

Currently fitting brushless LRP X11 10.5T in my TA04 and trying to find room for ESC and receiver. Kids fitting carpet tires to the DT02s, as we're going clubracing this afternoon.

So what have you done today?

Slept in, missed an auction for a complete Falcon (radio gear etc) with Thorp dog bones and drive cups, Trinity Gold motor... ;)

Bought a Black Can motor for my current Falcon.

Also went to check out a local Off-Road track.

Myself and family went for a drive in the heat. I was (and still am at 08:30pm) wearing shorts and singlet,

then I see mike_o driving on ice!! :D

Took the kids racing on the frozen pond with our DT02s

3xdt02.jpg

Myself and family went for a drive in the heat. I was (and still am at 08:30pm) wearing shorts and singlet,

then I see mike_o driving on ice!! ;)

It's things like this that enforce my decision to emigrate from the UK to Australia.

I've been fiddling with my TA01, trying to find a decent alternative to the steering cross bar link (botched attempts by the previous owner have led to LOTS of play), none of my ball links are small enough to fit the arms and clear the gearbox, so it looks like I need a set of alloy arms or just lump it with a new set of standard plastic ones.

It's things like this that enforce my decision to emigrate from the UK to Australia.

Come on down!!

I think I'll have a bit of extra luggage on my next annual trip to the Victorian Alps.

And have some fun with my 'Snow' Falcon.

Are there any 1/10 scale snow chains available? ;)

Slept in, missed an auction for a complete Falcon (radio gear etc) with Thorp dog bones and drive cups, Trinity Gold motor... ;)

Bought a Black Can motor for my current Falcon.

Also went to check out a local Off-Road track.

then I see mike_o driving on ice!! :P

Which one mate, Mitchell Park? Spoke to my wife today, she was in Mannum visiting her folks, and stated that is was quite hot, meanwhile here in cairns it's raining heavily (probably in excess of 300mm since Friday Morning) and I'm waiting on parts to continue my Optima Resto, Insert going MAD here :D

Which one mate, Mitchell Park? Spoke to my wife today, she was in Mannum visiting her folks, and stated that is was quite hot, meanwhile here in cairns it's raining heavily (probably in excess of 300mm since Friday Morning) and I'm waiting on parts to continue my Optima Resto, Insert going MAD here ;)

Yep, Mitchell Park.

Going through the pics right now, and will post them shortly.

Did you avoid any damage from the recent cyclones?

Being rained in wouldn't be so bad if you had your parts for your Optima. :D

Yep, Mitchell Park.

Going through the pics right now, and will post them shortly.

Did you avoid any damage from the recent cyclones?

Being rained in wouldn't be so bad if you had your parts for your Optima. ;)

Thats right mate, parts would be great, fixed an LST XXL for a guy here, but that took 1/2 hour, did some white lettering on tyres, went to an AGM, picked up some other accessories from one of my mates here (Diff/Shock oil bags, wheel nuts).

As far as Cyclone damage, just lost half a fence between me and the neighbour, waiting on Insurance assessor!

Thats right mate, parts would be great, fixed an LST XXL for a guy here, but that took 1/2 hour, did some white lettering on tyres, went to an AGM, picked up some other accessories from one of my mates here (Diff/Shock oil bags, wheel nuts).

As far as Cyclone damage, just lost half a fence between me and the neighbour, waiting on Insurance assessor!

At least you've been busy. ;)

Glad you came out relatively unscathed from the crazy weather that's been happening in your corner of the country.

Got myself a spare Avante bodyset from my tamiya LHS. Disappointedly, the undertray comes separate, so had to pay more. I was about ok with that. What really kicked me in the butt was that the decals came separate as well!!! :D Fortunately though a Lunchbox was in stock & that made me smile. Home they came back with me :)

Just bought another Falcon off eBay with money I don't have! :o

Looks like I'll have to sneak down to the bank and raid the savings account.

Wife doesn't know yet :blink:

*Edit* Just told her.

She was cool because it was only $61 :lol:

Fitted the half shafts for my tao1, realised I had the rear rear wishbones upside down, then I realise that ta01 shafts dont fit with ta02 front uprights. Then I orered the Ta01 ones. Then had parents evening and got moaned at for doing my homework. This because I am always working on my cars instead of doing homework.

What have you done today?

Got my Sand Scorcher 2010 body set yesterday and 2xRR dirver tree + other parts.

Paint it yellow and painted one of the RR drivers.

Pics soon...

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Just bought another Falcon off eBay with money I don't have! :)

Looks like I'll have to sneak down to the bank and raid the savings account.

Wife doesn't know yet :P

*Edit* Just told her.

She was cool because it was only $61 :P

Nice work mate, Just do what I do, go for FORGIVENESS over PERMISSION, I believe it's easier to get B)

BTW PM Sent

Oh well lets see....

Well I've been sick about half a dozen times.

But R/C related, then I started a thread on how shops dont have some hornet parts.#

HornetKid97

Yesterday I dismantled a NiCd pack (unsoldered all the battery bars and took off the wire remnants), took off the shrink wrap on the cells in that pack and the shrink wrap on some 4200 NiMh cells, took apart my Trinity P2K motor for cleaning and unsoldered the wires from the motor, also tried to take apart a motor that shouldn't be taken apart.... and didn't really get anywhere with it :rolleyes:.

Today is very much a day of two halfs.

Day off from work, awaiting furniture delivery, so ideal chance to get stuck into my Blitzer Beelte (bought off ebay a few months back)

Strip down was very easy, nothing much more than a small amount of dirt here n there. The gearbox was very clean, in fact the whole car was, i doubt it'd been run for more than a few hours on some damp tarmac. Didn't even bother cleaning the gearbox, the Tamiya grease was like new. As i just about had it all broken down, postman delivered the bearings :rolleyes::). Rear tyres were worn down and then i spotted some cracks which became splits; no big concern.

Rebuild went like a breeze, pretty simple and obvious construction. Rebuilt the CVA shocks with 50wt silicon oil.

Just waiting for the radio gear and brushless syste to arrive from HK (it was finally despatched today)

So thought i'd turn my attention to finishing my old Clod shell - cleaned and warmed the shell, warmed the rattle cans (Tamiya Mica Blue TS), sprayed away and the paint started to react with the plastic shell. What !! Panic set in, so as soon as it was dry i fired some Halfords plastic primer, which was a bit thicker than i expected. Eventually managed to get the Mica Blue on, only just finished before the small can ran dry. My first styrene shell and can't say i think much of it at all, having had no issues painting several lexan shells in the last few months.

Tonight i thought i'd get my new Blitzer Beetle shell out - unpacked the nose cone, lights, window parts, then the shell. What !!! Brand new shell with a split down the roof from the back window aperature to te front windscreen. The wheels arches were a bit rough and scuffed in places too. I've had the shell for a few months, its been stored safely, so all i can assume is it got a battering in transit (it was well packaged in a Blackfoot box), or was damaged before packing. Either way its only good for the bin, and i can't remember who i bought it from. Despite the fact i have the window , wipers, nose cone and front light parts i think i'll forget hard shells and get a lexan one.

Yesterday: Fitted bearings to the front of a Striker, the alloy C-hubs of my F150 TA01 build, the steering plate of a Kyosho TF-2, and most of a Tech Racing 4WD M02L conversion. Tried to find a belt for the Tech Racing 4WD conversion in my collection of belts, but failed (need narrow belt for M02L conversion set).

Today: finished the Kyosho TF-2, cut out a gorgeous Kyosho Pureten Lotus GT-1 body for it.

Tonight i thought i'd get my new Blitzer Beetle shell out - unpacked the nose cone, lights, window parts, then the shell. What !!! Brand new shell with a split down the roof from the back window aperature to te front windscreen. The wheels arches were a bit rough and scuffed in places too. I've had the shell for a few months, its been stored safely, so all i can assume is it got a battering in transit (it was well packaged in a Blackfoot box), or was damaged before packing. Either way its only good for the bin, and i can't remember who i bought it from. Despite the fact i have the window , wipers, nose cone and front light parts i think i'll forget hard shells and get a lexan one.

Don't bin it just yet, you'll be amazed what can be repaired with a good quality liquid cement.

Don't bin it just yet, you'll be amazed what can be repaired with a good quality liquid cement.

Went in the plastic skip this morning - there were cracks in the B pillars too, and the who moulding generally looked poor quality and brittle. I'm emailed Kamtec about their shells, i'm not paying another £25 for a brittle Tamiya one.