Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

more work on the Cr-01 testing out the shorten rear wheelbase.

happy with it so the rear is now off and the links along with the springs are now black and drying;)

also wrapped the servos for is in a carbon fibre sticker sheet i had left over from my Hotshot build so i figures i might as well use it as it looks better than the orange

how long it lasts is another thing:unsure:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

• Like 7

On 1/20/2020 at 7:46 AM, Grumpy pants said:

Ok so I have put a self imposed ban on eBay, specifically Tamiya searching. 

I end up buying models I have no hope of ever getting round to doing anything useful with and then I have the time loss of selling them on, instead of spending that time doing something useful with a model I already have. 

It’s gonna be tough, tantrums, tears...but it has to be done 😂

On 1/20/2020 at 8:57 AM, jonboy1 said:

I give it a week.... :P

13 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I won an auction with a cheeky bid I made at the weekend for a TT02 bundle, looking to collect it on Saturday. 

RTR with some kit by the look of it.

I thank you and good night.

B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Finished off my TT-02 Type S Mercedes Benz AMG GT3 with the addition of some yellow alloy wheel nuts, then took some photos of it alongside its older TT-01 SLS GT3 stablemate.

2020-01-24_11-37-25

• Like 11

On 1/20/2020 at 7:46 AM, Grumpy pants said:

I end up buying models I have no hope of ever getting round to doing anything useful with and then I have the time loss of selling them on, instead of spending that time doing something useful with a model I already have. 

There is always the option of farming them out to other Tamiyaclub members who have the time but not the funds for new projects. Most would be happy to do it for free, if you cover the postage and parts costs.

• Like 1

Sometimes - only sometimes, mind you - insomnia can yield benefits. :-)

Now for a spot of paint! 

Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 12.47.22.jpg

Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 12.47.35.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

There is always the option of farming them out to other Tamiyaclub members who have the time but not the funds for new projects. Most would be happy to do it for free, if you cover the postage and parts costs.

Not with Brexit they wouldn't....

I'll get my coat.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

This was awesome for me, I have the fruits of yours and @jonboy1 labour on display at home.

I can’t hank you guys enough for your time and skills. 

• Thanks 1

Just come across these two boxes full of vintage Carson fighter buggy parts.

Now to get up in to the loft and find the other boxes to start a build 

FAA8A43B-124D-4312-97AF-8D0B1A18839F.jpeg

• Like 1

I had some drive shafts and cva dampers left over from my dark impact when last summer i upgraded it to universals as well as the awesome df03 alloy shock set at the same time.

Having these parts sitting around looking bored I read that they might fit a Dt02. So I bought a re re sand rover just before christmas which I wanted to use as a beach runner.

Tonight using some double sided foam tape, cable ties and a wild one shock boot I made up some cv joints to replace the big plastic dog bones that come with the kit.

Resized_20200124_203309_1179.jpeg

Resized_20200124_205930_9016.jpeg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

2020-01-24_11-37-25

You’ve gotta be happy with those, I know I would be 👍🏻😉

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:28 AM, KalEl63 said:

more work on the Cr-01 testing out the shorten rear wheelbase.

happy with it so the rear is now off and the links along with the springs are now black and drying;)

also wrapped the servos for is in a carbon fibre sticker sheet i had left over from my Hotshot build so i figures i might as well use it as it looks better than the orange

how long it lasts is another thing:unsure:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

Nice! I've always thought the cr01 chassis was a good looking one but one of the most frustrating chassis to build I kept on having to take it apart because previous steps I built wrong!

IMG_20160330_081135.jpg

IMG_20160320_151650.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Woke up this morning and it wasnt lashing it down with rain - unusal for a weekend so managed to spray a couple of coats of satin black into the sand rover body.

Well pleased with the way it came out - it was a pain to mask around the curves in the back and into the gaps around the seats (i normally make a completehash of it and have bleeds everywhere)

Resized_20200125_132852_5107.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

You’ve gotta be happy with those, I know I would be 👍🏻😉

I am very pleased with how they came out - so pleased in fact that I'd like to continue the AMG trend and find an old TA-02 chassis to restore, so that I can recreate one of these:

model_58145_01.jpg

• Like 4

Alternatively, I'd like to find an old TA-01 to restore and recreate one of these:

model_58108_01.jpg

(Although I would probably go for the Diebels Alt livery as I already have a set of gold wheels.)

• Like 3

With my TT-02 Type S backup track car having received a fair number of carbon and alloy goodies during the build, my TB-03 primary track car was feeling a bit left out.

Today I addressed this by giving it alloy threaded shocks, a carbon brace bar, carbon reinforced shock towers/bulkheads, a carbon reinforced steering rack, carbon reinforced IFS pivots and a carbon reinforced spur gear cover. With these parts in addition to the alloy propshaft, motor mount and spur gear adaptor already fitted, it is now just as alloyed and carbonated as my TT-02 Type S. 

20200125_144902

With the carbon reinforced parts looking almost identical to the stock ones, the gunmetal shocks matching the motor and motor mount, and the brace bar looking factory with ball ends matching those used on the suspension, to my eye it looks quite subtle, almost a "sleeper", which will hopefully lead to its abilities being underestimated by its competitors. 

• Like 4

Have you ever had a decent spec ta-01 or ta-02 touring car? Would be interesting to see how competetive one is against a tt01 or tt02 (i imagine the type s would run rings around it though?)

What shocks are they onthe 03?

Got busy with a soldering iron. I still find it a bit of a dark art but thought I'd have a go. The first project was  fairly straight forward wiring up a 13.5T sensored brushless motor for the Asterion and fitting it. All went to plan. Seems to have plenty of power. If its not too wet tomorrow i'll take it out for a shakedownIMG_1724.JPG.23a5e11cd4620036cdceb969c620d786.JPG

Second task was a bit more complicated and involved a printed circuit board!!!!!!! Not the most elegant bit of soldering but it works.

IMG_1719.JPG.7fc300f727c13a12edc7fdd64037f61b.JPGIMG_1720.JPG.d3d56785c93632a88b3da902beb3b144.JPGIMG_1721.JPG.ffba6bb6b772a0b371159aec3aa84ec6.JPGIMG_1722.JPG.70d9d9f822b24c9ed0e5802b03561f17.JPGIMG_1723.JPG.660a84d08a413b24b867d833e63c6369.JPG

The item in question is a Bastens Quadsteer module. It allows you to select 2wfs, 4ws, 2wrs, 4w crab steer using the third channel toggle switch. Can also work with two channel using steering wiggle!!!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Have you ever had a decent spec ta-01 or ta-02 touring car? Would be interesting to see how competitive one is against a tt01 or tt02 (i imagine the type s would run rings around it though?)

What shocks are they on the 03?

I haven't owned one myself, but I restomodded one for @Jason1145 a while ago, and I really enjoyed it. The design looks sound, and I know it performs well in buggy guise (I have a DF-01 Manta Ray in my fleet), so I would expect it to be a good performer with age-appropriate power.

The shocks on the TB-03 are 55mm Yeah Racing Shock Gear items, like I have on my TT-02 Type S, but in gunmetal rather than blue.

4 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Those look good as new! How'd you do that?

Clean, soak in vinegar to de rust, quick go on wire wheel, then heat untill they go shiny/on the verge of starting to glow red, then dunk in oil. In this case, used gear oil.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Because I'm still into my hibernation until better weather arrives I decided to swap a few motors around with a couple of my shelf queens I took the pink acto-power out of the blitzer beetle and put a black sport tuned in it and put a GT tuned in my egress and blue tie rod ends! Just tinkering really!

20200125_125810.jpg

• Like 6