Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, berman said:

Stephen is a great guy, what happened to his shop on the shore?

My LHS will do the 'stick it out the back door, no contact' if I want anything 😁

Although we have the RC equivalent of toilet paper, he cannot keep TS-13 Clear in stock!

The landlord wanted to sell the building his shop was in, so he moved his business to his house.  He has a big garage with all the same stock still, but its a bit further from the motorway so not as easy to get there.  He is trying to get more people into online sales and revamped his website, but I still prefer going in and browsing.  His is the closest I've seen to what HobbyCity used to have back in the 90s, a wall of Tamiya kits.  He also races with NHRCC regularly and is helpful trackside, we both have TRF102 so have swapped parts which is useful.

Peeled off the paintwork off my GF01... will re-spray again using plastidip... just not sure if I'm going with the same color scheme, or something else... 

I've also been trying to figure out if my Onyx NiMH is toast or it's the charger... unfortunately, I only have the clone IMAX by at my disposal... 

And lastly, just been doing some online lurking on ebay and aliexpress trying to convince myself to buy a 1060esc and possibly a lipo... 20200326_173600.thumb.jpg.6b1a396d91713b70e6c6161025e745aa.jpg20200326_181132.thumb.jpg.a6abe8bde97a592d2dccba50e20da4eb.jpg 

• Like 3

so I have a spare booth I made ages ago, but the fan was a bit dodgy. Fan was inline, so not good for solvent based paints and probably a little weak as well. Upgrade time!

I laser cut some flanges:

2020_03_27_spary-booth-1.jpg

glued and bolted to the side:

2020_03_27_spary-booth-2.jpg

I'd bought of filter material ages ago, time to use some:

2020_03_27_spary-booth-4.jpg

Installed:

2020_03_27_spary-booth-6.jpg

Blower with sealed off motor. This came with my laser cutter, which I eventually upgraded as it was noisy, but it'll be just fine for a bit of air brushing. From here I'll make one more filter box and then vent the outside, but I want to remove as much of the paint fumes as I can incase I can't op

2020_03_27_spary-booth-7.jpg

This is the airbrush pump I have. It was my mum's, and is a few years old, but still works. Now all I have to do is learn how to airbrush!

2020_03_27_spary-booth-5.jpg

I also 3D printed a Lotus Cortina. This is just a test, now in the process of doing a 1/10th scale version, but that's going to take a few days!

2020_03_27_spary-booth-8.jpg

• Like 3

modelled up a couple of adaptors for my M-03/4 twinni

image.png.544ffc20061b3ead5ddf93a23693d40c.png

Will make a mockup out of balsa just to check and then send this off for printing

Fitted front suspension, rear gearbox and wheels to my dt-02 sand viper.  Body shell to sort over the weekend.  My first build of this chassis. I like it!  

A0A49E42-A5D8-4AD0-BD83-85851345267C.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

and quick evidence of why you always measure twice, cut once!

image.png.7130d684d565eb1dfca415ce8075f0a6.png

Ooh, will these be going up on Shapeways? Are they for a 210 wheelbase? My scratch-build ones were for 205mm - only good for the body I never finished!!!

11 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Ooh, will these be going up on Shapeways? Are they for a 210 wheelbase? My scratch-build ones were for 205mm - only good for the body I never finished!!!

yup, if you want? As far as I know they are for a 210 - I've based it on how it was set for the Mini shell, which I believe is 210? I'm afraid I'm not too conversant with this stuff! :P Did you want a different version?

I'll get a set printed and if they fit ok I'll pop them in my store. I guess you don't have a 3D printer?

42 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

yup, if you want? As far as I know they are for a 210 - I've based it on how it was set for the Mini shell, which I believe is 210? I'm afraid I'm not too conversant with this stuff! :P Did you want a different version?

I'll get a set printed and if they fit ok I'll pop them in my store. I guess you don't have a 3D printer?

No 3D printer for me 😔.

I think 210 is the standard Tamiya Mini wheelbase. I could be tempted by a set that extend it to 225 - there's a wider range of bodies available then.

Good luck with the printing!

I made the first trip out of the house for three days to collect a re re Subaru brat for a conversion i am doing, and while i was there, scored a rather nice Grand Hauler too.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, junkmunki said:

I made the first trip out of the house for three days to collect a re re Subaru brat for a conversion i am doing, and while i was there, scored a rather nice Grand Hauler too.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I class that as essential travel 😄

• Like 2

Finished off these. Well, finished apart from getting some seals 3d printed:

SAM_1948.jpg

SAM_1930.jpg

• Like 12

Took my FAV to a parking lot across the street. I got about 10 mins of runtime before I noticed it sitting crooked. At some point I had lost a screw holding 1 of the rear dampers to the suspension arm. At least I got 10 mins of fun :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 11:34 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

The landlord wanted to sell the building his shop was in, so he moved his business to his house.  He has a big garage with all the same stock still, but its a bit further from the motorway so not as easy to get there.  He is trying to get more people into online sales and revamped his website, but I still prefer going in and browsing.  His is the closest I've seen to what HobbyCity used to have back in the 90s, a wall of Tamiya kits.  He also races with NHRCC regularly and is helpful trackside, we both have TRF102 so have swapped parts which is useful.

Good to see he is still doing RC, the last time I was in there he had boomerangs and fire dragons when there was a shortage around the world. Bought a SC10RS off him and a few other bits online, Always had the intention of going back for a look but I hardly have any reason to go to Akld anymore.

Replaced the gears on my highly abused lunchbox, gearbox was starting to slip, no wonder looking at the counter gear!

Also got some rough painting done on the rere shell for my pajero, needs some touching up as I was doing it at 1am after a few beers 🙄 The old one was broken it three places plus numerous bits broken off or hanging off 😄

2JFaOXe.jpg

CJuotDJ.jpg

zqLKVSz.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

That’s a fabulous looking Blitzer 💥

Thanks mate!

13 hours ago, Northern_Ben said:

Almost finished my first RC project I'm really happy with how it's turned out so far 👍

IMG_20200327_224411.jpg

Sharp looking 'Mog!

• Like 1

Been taking daily runs with the Boss through the tug of war between Winter and Spring.

The day before yesterday:

Screenshot-20200328-003227-Gallery.jpg

Yesterday:

Screenshot-20200328-003249-Gallery.jpg

It's just a big slushland right now:

20200327-175047-006-01.jpg

...and on another RC note, today I'll finally have a few hours to work on my RC10 restoration, been looking forward to it. Really can't complain about the self isolation so far :)

• Like 8

Received the right hand steering arm i designed for my TA06 last week, so i spent a few hours today fitting it and recommissioning the car. Works well and lovely. Full blather on the build thread as usual

Tamiya TA06 with right hand steering conversion by CTE RC Tamiya TA06 with right hand steering conversion by CTE RC Tamiya TA06 with right hand steering conversion by CTE RC Tamiya TA06 with right hand steering conversion by CTE RC

• Like 7