Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, ncpantherfan71 said:

Kit, and I helped her put it together.   It is a pretty durable little car, has a couple minor issues just like any other rc.  Steering is not precise, servo saver is soft to protect the gears, the screw I mentioned, and plastic trans gears.  

When she is ready for something faster, i wouldn't hop it up, but replace with a better kit.

It is perfect for what it is, a first rc to be bounced around and run into everything in the yard.

Does that length bottom out inside the frame ? Or would be possible to source similar  screw but longer 

25 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Does that length bottom out inside the frame ? Or would be possible to source similar  screw but longer 

It is the king pin screw, any longer and it hits the bearing for the front wheel.  I tried to use a m05 screw, but it was too long and bound up the front wheels.

6 minutes ago, ncpantherfan71 said:

It is the king pin screw, any longer and it hits the bearing for the front wheel.  I tried to use a m05 screw, but it was too long and bound up the front wheels.

Oh okay thanks. Lucky you didn’t lose the screws while running!  

10 minutes ago, ncpantherfan71 said:

Considering I’ve only had Tamiyas, Kyoshos and Team Associateds, I’m probably going to be underwhelmed by the ECX but I was just looking for a basher that I’ll be able to get parts for easily should it break. The real servo, esc, and receiver I’ll be putting in it should help certainly with the quality of drive. 

I did lose the screw, more than one.  That is a new pack I keep for spares.

It isn't  bad, drives better than a hornet and reasonably quick with a little hotter motor.  I think I put the dynamite 15 turn in, and made sure the slipper was loose.

2 minutes ago, ncpantherfan71 said:

I did lose the screw, more than one.  That is a new pack I keep for spares.

It isn't  bad, drives better than a hornet and reasonably quick with a little hotter motor.  I think I put the dynamite 15 turn in, and made sure the slipper was loose.

Cool, I’m excited to try it out. Going to paint mine candy purple 

4 minutes ago, ncpantherfan71 said:

Good luck and have fun with it.

Yours is all stock electronics right ? Apparently that esc limits the speed. Use another esc and it flies 

2 minutes ago, ncpantherfan71 said:

I didn't know that

I’m not sure it’s on purpose, I just think it sucks lol. There are videos on YouTube of using a hobby wing 1060 esc in it and it improves the speed just by making that switch 

Axial Wraith ate its servo horn yesterday so I need to spend today finding a replacement that is not made of cheese. I am sure I have one in a box, but which box.....

Masked and painted the roof of the Mini body for M07 #1. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. Black marks are of course on the protective film outsde. I did the cutting using my wife's crafting Silloutte cutter - it's a small and cheap digital plotter/cutter. It worked reasonably well although a bit fiddly with the protective mat it cuts on; the adhesive is far too sticky and I had a very hard time getting the masking sheet off without damaging it. One cutting mat and one masking sheet ruined but I think I have enough knowledge now for the far more complex scheme I have in mind for Mo7R #2 - an Alfa Romeo Mito body painted like a MotoGP Pace Car.

Also went for a walk with the wife and discovered two nearby quiet, flat cul-de-sacs that will make a lovely spot for some outdoor excercise which we are allowed to do - 500m walk and then some thumb-and-finger excercises driving a car! Also way off the main roads so no police handing out $5,000 fines.

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038 (1).jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, c64orinoco said:

Masked and painted the roof of the Mini body for M07 #1. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. Black marks are of course on the protective film outsde. I did the cutting using my wife's crafting Silloutte cutter - it's a small and cheap digital plotter/cutter. It worked reasonably well although a bit fiddly with the protective mat it cuts on; the adhesive is far too sticky and I had a very hard time getting the masking sheet off without damaging it. One cutting mat and one masking sheet ruined but I think I have enough knowledge now for the far more complex scheme I have in mind for Mo7R #2 - an Alfa Romeo Mito body painted like a MotoGP Pace Car.

Also went for a walk with the wife and discovered two nearby quiet, flat cul-de-sacs that will make a lovely spot for some outdoor excercise which we are allowed to do - 500m walk and then some thumb-and-finger excercises driving a car! Also way off the main roads so no police handing out $5,000 fines.

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038 (1).jpg

Like it👍 especially because the flag is correctly spaced

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, svenb said:

Like it👍 especially because the flag is correctly spaced

My father in law (he passed away last year) was ex Royal Navy (Daring-class destroyers in the 50's and 60's - and I'm going to build one of them, too) so I sort of know how to get the flag right.

5 minutes ago, c64orinoco said:

My father in law (he passed away last year) was ex Royal Navy (Daring-class destroyers in the 50's and 60's - and I'm going to build one of them, too) so I sort of know how to get the flag right.

My dad died a couple of years ago, he was signals branch mainly on aircraft carriers 1959-1961. Pet hate of his was to get the union flag wrong. 

After a week of cutting, taping, painting and sticking I’m done with stadium thunder body.  I wanted to go box art but I might not again in the future! Phew 😅 

457392E6-082F-4BE9-A5B1-EE3FF5CF0394.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trev82 said:

After a week of cutting, taping, painting and sticking I’m done with stadium thunder body.  I wanted to go box art but I might not again in the future! Phew 😅 

Looks great! Im currently masking mine up, but its very much not box art!

Wondering if i should have now, they do look ace!

Test drive the rock rey today, I run 2 packs trough it on grass with a lot of high speed running breaking and accelerate, the highest temp on the motor was 60/140  celsius/fahrenheit and that after more then 40 minutes running, so that was fine so I mounted the body and finish it.

Very happy with the car and with the setup, and pretty good runtimes more then 20 minutes with 1 5200mah 3s pack and that was on high grass with a lot of high speed  running, those castle motors are very efficient, with the same batteries when I run them In a Arrma thypon 3s blx I had very poor runtimes 8 to 10 minutes and that was on sand, glad I sold that one and bought the rock rey.

49764825591_5205a20964_c.jpg

49765150492_fe1fb76225_c.jpg

49764825216_42be498399_c.jpg

• Like 2

Painted my Mazda MX-5 ready for the M-07R I am building. In retrospect I should have done more layers of the translucent orange as it’s a little bit ‘murky’ in some places, but hopefully that will be less noticeable when I’ve put some stickers on it....

771FD2BF-FC9E-4A07-82B1-9E0266536882.jpeg

9625CDD0-199D-4862-84E1-110C2F0EEDAF.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, trev82 said:

Looks awesome! Your sticker work is a lot better than mine lol. Are you going to run it? One thing I had to do with my ST is cut quite a bit off the inside front fenders because the tires would rub or even go inside the body when making turns (especially when the shocks are compressed). 

Spent an hour or so trying to rationalise my wheel and tyre box. Why do I have so many?

Listed loads of Tamiya bits on here. Wheels and tyres out means room for kits in 🤔

1 hour ago, dannymulder said:

, glad I sold that one and bought the rock rey.

49764825216_42be498399_c.jpg

Looks good. So what motor & esc is in it? Have you got a pic with the body off?