Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finished a long build. Body needed a lot of work and will never be perfect so I went for the well used Mud Bogging look.

Think I will stick this one on EBay as a charity auction. Lots of people in need at the moment.

Rez6DD6.jpg

• Like 16

Finished the HPI Baja brushless conversion back to gas, it was definitely a challenge going through boxes trying to locate certain parts. Since 2007 I have converted this to 1) Monster Baja with FG monster tires, 2) shorty chassis conversion, 3) brushless, 4) now mostly back to its original form.  I hate to get it dirty again, but I'll be starting it up this weekend. I have a pretty good hunch the pipe gasket is going to blow out. 

6kD22Rb.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Hobgoblin said:

wR87O12.jpg

J2kjqzc.jpg

Finished the shell for my stadium blitzer, its a bit ratty up close as it was the first shell I've ever stripped and the painting could have gone better, but it will be a runner shell and it has already begun cracking in places.

xjqpWxD.jpg

And new shoes for my Mock Force 

Kinda funny how now the "New" carpet tires compounds that they use feel very similar to the tires that everybody was using in the 80's on dirt. Great paint schemes, the green looks awesome and would look prime in some outdoor shots now that the grass is getting green. 

• Like 5

Second colour down, can you tell what it is yet? 

Bodyshell is extremely rare, probably not doing it justice!

49774155742_6f89b91f43_b.jpg

• Like 7

Smeared some lettering on the rims and tires that will go on my RC10.

Perfectly useless job, as it's going to be a runner :D

More details/pics on tbe build thread.

20200414-183347.jpg

• Like 5

Daughter having a first go on the newly-built Clod Buster (no body as I’m still painting it). Short clip

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Finished a long build. Body needed a lot of work and will never be perfect so I went for the well used Mud Bogging look.

Think I will stick this one on EBay as a charity auction. Lots of people in need at the moment.

Rez6DD6.jpg

I recognise that shell, a great save and a great cause 👍

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Second colour down, can you tell what it is yet? 

Bodyshell is extremely rare, probably not doing it justice!

49774155742_6f89b91f43_b.jpg

This has got to be one of your favourite film themes...JP? 

On 4/14/2020 at 9:00 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

You've won twice? Thats impressive!

Always tried to make these competition not about the quality of the model or the camera being used. I like to think people vote for the ones that capture the spirit of the theme, that can still be demonstrating modelling skills, but it can easily be someone doing something fun, or something that makes people nostalgic, or just something really clever or outside the box (or maybe made of boxes ;) )

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, netsmithUK said:

Always tried to make these competition not about the quality of the model or the camera being used. I like to think people vote for the ones that capture the spirit of the theme, that can still be demonstrating modelling skills, but it can easily be someone doing something fun, or something that makes people nostalgic, or just something really clever or outside the box (or maybe made of boxes ;) )

I still maintain it's a fix - let's take a look at their usernames:

Re-Bugged

netsmithUK

The second letter of each name is an 'e' and one has 9 characters while the other has 10. Coincidence???!!! :huh:

• Haha 4

Good theory (but the actual chances of winning actually relate to your proximity to 5g masts)

I've never entered as I thought it would be boring me winning every time ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have it for a while now, but havent posted it.

I got this Showcase from the place where I work at, it used to be For Motul Oils. So interesting history I would say.

Currently I dont have a spot formy rc showcase since I am still renovating the hobby room.

but I think its good.

JYxRxV9.jpg

• Like 7

Replaced the single plastic prop shaft bearing of my TTG Hotshot for two 850 ball bearings. Strange that the GB03 has ball bearings everywhere and only one plastic bearing for the high reving prop shaft. There is a cavity for a second ball bearing, so why not?

TTG GB03 plastic bearing.JPG

TTG GB03 ball bearings.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carried my new blackfoot kit in from the driveway.  Build commences tonight!

• Like 3

Had a little play with my TT02-T chassis. Recently decided to make a rally basher so bought a couple of shells and some different wheels. I had cut the body for the RS200 a while ago but just couldnt get it right. The front arches arent good but I cant really change it now. Also the sides of the body have flexed out infront of the rear wheels. Not sure why. I also had a problem with bodymounts as all my TT02 mounts had been cut down to use magnets, which I now think are fine for shelf queens but not as good for bashers. Anyway as usual Tony came to the rescue with a set of extension posts that fit on top of 5.5 and 6mm posts. You get four of each in a pack. They work really well so mounted to RS200 body

IMG_1941.JPG.27c1769cf2b0f123117139b30aa59ac5.JPGIMG_1942.JPG.60d9fc9303544e92ec8be1c972a107e4.JPG

It runs really well. Fitted my new flysky radio which I'm very impresed with. Good value for money. The shame is all the places with great rally/dirt tracks near me are in perfect condition but out of bounds:(

Never mind it ran well on grass and on the road outside. I also have a 6R4 body that needs trimming. This has different wheels with rally blocks but I need some wider hexes.

IMG_1943.JPG.498811b2476a4bdb8ca139dea6adc144.JPGIMG_1944.JPG.bddabf8a8a43d62bfe440407869bbe28.JPG

• Like 4

Got all the parts I need to finish my Hornet restoration!😁

20200415_194546.jpg

• Like 3

Finished the homebrew rear velcro mount for my M04 BMW 2002. Unfortunately, I don't have enough space to give it a shakedown test. The body may now be a tad high but I could remedy that with a tidier version 1.1 if it works OK. And see if I need to make one to replace the horrible Fastrax stealth mounts at the front.

So I moved on to another of my unfinished projects. I had a perfectly bashable Hornet which I started to take apart and add AMPro front arms and oil shocks all round. Last summer (!) I painted a new shell and wing for it but have yet to apply the custom MCI decals I had printed.

Nearly finished - got the arms back on (after swapping the hubs to the correct orientation) but some reason I have mis-matched flanged nuts on the shock tower so I need to see if I have any in the spares box. 

I tracked down the M3 rod I had bought for the top arms - now 'just' need to cut some to the correct length.

Then it is reassembly and decal time! Maybe finish it this year...?

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 1:55 PM, Hobgoblin said:

wR87O12.jpg

J2kjqzc.jpg

Just finishing up a stadium thunder, love the front to rear braces!

What bottom arms are those?

Coincidently i put schumacher shocks on mine too!

I did plan on running the battery lengthways too, but i put bellcrank steering in it so the relocated servo took up the space.

Any other mods on yours?

• Like 1

Thanks! 

The arms are a custom design by myself, available to freely download and 3d print. Same goes for shock towers. 

I am looking to put bell crank steering in my next blitzer chassis build which I think may be the Stadium Thunder (someday!)

17 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

Thanks! 

The arms are a custom design by myself, available to freely download and 3d print. Same goes for shock towers. 

I am looking to put bell crank steering in my next blitzer chassis build which I think may be the Stadium Thunder (someday!)

I used schumacher parts because i had them, and because they are small. Not much room to play with.

On 4/14/2020 at 8:38 PM, guggles said:

Kinda funny how now the "New" carpet tires compounds that they use feel very similar to the tires that everybody was using in the 80's on dirt. Great paint schemes, the green looks awesome and would look prime in some outdoor shots now that the grass is getting green. 

Help me out guys, where can I get the mock force wheels and tyres in the uk?