Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Superluminal said:

Thank you - cant remember who did it first but someone on here mentioned about painting the inner rim with silver after the spraying gold paint on the mesh. Really does improve them.

I do mine gold with the spokes infilled with black, never thought about silver rim. 

15872379156528745559662488700684.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Superluminal said:

Is that a capri? Any more pics???

Yes Capri

Loads 😉 to many to put on here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, svenb said:

I do mine gold with the spokes infilled with black, never thought about silver rim. 

15872379156528745559662488700684.jpg

I've only just sold two TT02s...my favourite race car is the Grp5 Zakspeed Capri...🙄

I feel I may have to get another TT02. 

3 minutes ago, Bromley said:

I've only just sold two TT02s...my favourite race car is the Grp5 Zakspeed Capri...🙄

I feel I may have to get another TT02. 

That ones on a TA06 

• Like 1

Even though I'm working my hours are restricted so I have more time on my hands, which means my RC stash has diminished somewhat. I just finished my Agroshot and I'm still waiting for some hop ups for my Dancing Rider. RC mart says they were despatched on 19/03. Still not here. Any how I ordered some 19t .8mod pinions for my Agroshot, 2 in fact so I thought I better order something to use the second one, a Titan is in the Tamico basket, button waiting for my finger to slip:rolleyes: (the deed is done) I reckoned as my wife knows I was waiting for a delivery (my parents birthday present to me last month) but doesnt know what it is the Titan will not be a surprise. When the Hong Kong order arrives it will not be very large  so I can pass it off as a little top up!!! Anyhow to pass some time I thought I'd look at some static stuff. I have about 40 kits mostly 1/24th cars and 1/48th planes but the king of them all is the partially completed 1/12th Caterham 7. Time to get my modelling glasses out ( dont use them for RC work) but this is a different matter!!!!!

IMG_1947.JPG.52831203bf87c3f775b79cc2de78238d.JPG

Fitted the radiator and did some pipework. Its about 80% finished, now I've started I think I'll keep going adding a bit of RC as I go along. Might even open up some other static boxes.

IMG_1948.JPG.443b4eaa809844eb9bf4b1aec1b6e206.JPGIMG_1949.JPG.90a14870106008c58fdbfc94e06af7d3.JPGIMG_1950.JPG.07fe0f12315c546826d9b60cbc50b320.JPGIMG_1951.JPG.50cf515a7dad0efd1bf6101d2d6609d4.JPG

Edited by Busdriver
follow up
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Fitted a lipo in my mad bull, only took minor modifications, I know it would've been better to drill a hole in the battery retainer clip to feed the balance lead through but I only have 2 retainers for 3 cars but a lot of spares for the fixed side.

IMG_20200418_180628.jpg

Just need to put some spacers between the chassis and battery retainer to relieve stress on the clip.

IMG_20200418_180647.jpg

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Thank you - cant remember who did it first but someone on here mentioned about painting the inner rim with silver after the spraying gold paint on the mesh. Really does improve them.

Probably Shodog 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Have you been keeping secrets? Dont seem to recognise these trucks. Tell us more!!!!

Ha, funny you say that, I am just about to start a new build thread - stay tuned!

Jenny x

edit. thread is now live in the Builds section here: Baja Blazer - aka. NotABlazinClodBuster

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Even though I'm working my hours are restricted so I have more time on my hands, which means my RC stash has diminished somewhat. I just finished my Agroshot and I'm still waiting for some hop ups for my Dancing Rider. RC mart says they were despatched on 19/03. Still not here. Any how I ordered some 19t .8mod pinions for my Agroshot, 2 in fact so I thought I better order something to use the second one, a Titan is in the Tamico basket, button waiting for my finger to slip:rolleyes: (the deed is done) I reckoned as my wife knows I was waiting for a delivery (my parents birthday present to me last month) but doesnt know what it is the Titan will not be a surprise. When the Hong Kong order arrives it will not be very large  so I can pass it off as a little top up!!! Anyhow to pass some time I thought I'd look at some static stuff. I have about 40 kits mostly 1/24th cars and 1/48th planes but the king of them all is the partially completed 1/12th Caterham 7. Time to get my modelling glasses out ( dont use them for RC work) but this is a different matter!!!!!

IMG_1947.JPG.52831203bf87c3f775b79cc2de78238d.JPG

Fitted the radiator and did some pipework. Its about 80% finished, now I've started I think I'll keep going adding a bit of RC as I go along. Might even open up some other static boxes.

IMG_1948.JPG.443b4eaa809844eb9bf4b1aec1b6e206.JPGIMG_1949.JPG.90a14870106008c58fdbfc94e06af7d3.JPGIMG_1950.JPG.07fe0f12315c546826d9b60cbc50b320.JPGIMG_1951.JPG.50cf515a7dad0efd1bf6101d2d6609d4.JPG

Epic! I/12th you say? is it possible to make it RC?

I always thought a Caterham 7 would make an excellent RC model - complete with an animated driver who steered with the wheels. Willy would never have had so much fun!

Jenny x

Would love it if I could make it rc but there’s too much detail. If you left the motor out you might get some form of micro system in but don’t really think it would work too well. There have been a couple of semi scale caterham/lotus bodies but they’re not that accurate. Also I don’t think many people will want to start cutting up a £300 + model in the first place.

• Like 1

The tyres on the SRB where starting to look a bit shabby from its last run so gave them some AC33 rubber and vinyl restorer/rejuvenator,

qDghZr9h.jpg

Happy with those I then moved on to the BF's tyres to hopefully delay any cracking. Gave the body a polish to while I was at it too. 

If you used to frequent UK Classic car shows back in the 90's you may remember seeing some guy flogging a Polish called 'Mer' demonstrating his product on a red Mini bonnet. Well, I bought this polish some years ago from someone doing just that at a show here in Oz, just re-named. Same demonstration removing tar etc then setting the bonnet alight with lighter fluid to reveal no damage to the painted surface. Not that I intend to put a torch to the BF, just interested in the shine & UV protection.

fbaCkp5h.jpg

964M9YAh.jpg

mjEnnzYh.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

The tyres on the SRB where starting to look a bit shabby from its last run so gave them some AC33 rubber and vinyl restorer/rejuvenator,

qDghZr9h.jpg

Happy with those I then moved on to the BF's tyres to hopefully delay any cracking. Gave the body a polish to while I was at it too. 

If you used to frequent UK Classic car shows back in the 90's you may remember seeing some guy flogging a Polish called 'Mer' demonstrating his product on a red Mini bonnet. Well, I bought this polish some years ago from someone doing just that at a show here in Oz, just re-named. Same demonstration removing tar etc then setting the bonnet alight with lighter fluid to reveal no damage to the painted surface. Not that I intend to put a torch to the BF, just interested in the shine & UV protection.

fbaCkp5h.jpg

964M9YAh.jpg

mjEnnzYh.jpg

What retailers sell these products  mate?  looks fantastic

Edited by mtbkym01
Auto correct changed products to producer ?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those little details like the red lip on the alloys and the black on the yellow BF wheels look really good. You wouldnt think it would make so much difference but it does!

• Thanks 1

With the left over driver helmet from the touring car cockpit used on my porsche I made a driver for my Top Force.

The dash is made of plastic card sprayed black and has a hole that fits around the front body mount post.

Resized_20200418_232113_3616.jpeg

Resized_20200418_232445_3111.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mtbkym01 said:

What retailers sell these producer mate?  looks fantastic

The tyre stuff is borrowed from work :ph34r:, but I thick Autocheap do it.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=ac33+rubber+%26+vinyl+treatment&client=safari&hl=en-au&prmd=sinv&sxsrf=ALeKk03L-v5WKfcI7bvIUcOfCB2_EUg_cQ:1587285444139&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj55LeIi_ToAhXOYisKHSS2DcgQ_AUoAnoECAsQAg&biw=375&bih=548&dpr=2#imgrc=EeTi6SQPSbOfsM

We use on the Trucks inside & out (mainly interior) lasts for ages. Make sure it’s probably dry again in the tyres before running them again though as the dirt sticks to them. I’ve also used it with great success on M/cycle plastic’s. 
There is AC32 as well that’s similar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtbkym01 said:

What retailers sell these products  mate?  looks fantastic

These are the polishes I use. I did the BF first with the FW1 when I built it. Then used the Solvex today. AppIy gently with damp cloth the buff up. I tend to use what I have to hand or plenty of. Its surprising how well the raw black plastic polishes up, especially as its a runner. ( sorry for the 2 posts but TC photos is down for maintenance and switched over to the PC )

LBSaBaLh.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

These are the polishes I use. I did the BF first with the FW1 when I built it. Then used the Solvex today. AppIy gently with damp cloth the buff up. I tend to use what I have to hand or plenty of. Its surprising how well the raw black plastic polishes up, especially as its a runner. ( sorry for the 2 posts but TC photos is down for maintenance and switched over to the PC )

When painting did you apply a clear coat over the top of the decals you put on the blackfoot?

I wantd to wax a couple of my shells which had the decals on the outside with no clear coat and wasnt sure if the polish would get underneath and cause them to lift.

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

The dash is made of plastic card sprayed black and has a hole that fits around the front body mount post

That's a great idea! Think I'll see if something similar would work on the Dual Ridge. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Car looks great! Nice to have the correct extra stickers :D Re the wheels, that might have been me, I did this with the Taisan GT2 I built:

911-gt2-taisan-frontside-right.jpg

It's not always correct though, as some versions of the wheel the face mounts from the front so where the mounting bolts thread through is gold:

BBS-E88-5Lug.thumb.jpg.cce971457a78c2823437bf8f2330bb24.jpg

• Like 3

I bought the WW2 down to finish as it is on the home stretch and the next one I’d like to complete now the LB is all done. 

I also packed  the TA03 and the tyres I’ve sold ready to send off and the decided with model to sell next. 

Good Tamiya progress all round 👍

image.jpg

• Like 1