Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today i looked at all the cars that need things doing to them and thought 'Where on earth do i start??' Finally decided on finishing the Dark Impact i've had for 5-6 years!

Yesterday I picked up a lot of older Tamiyas and today I got around getting an overview. I bought a NiB Celica LB 58009 and Lotus 58020, one Holiday Buggy in good nick, a Grasshopper 2 and a Hilux RTR for 1200 UK Pounds. Here is a photo of the lot. I will probably keep the nibs (although open for offers) and sell the other cars.

Cheers

Fritjofarnold

1.jpg

post-15895-1304265384_thumb.jpg

Went to a car boot sale this morning, misssed out on a boomerang as I was walking to their stall another man brought in :) oh well. Lots of toy R.Cs got a toy remote control land rover in hope of the shell fitting my off road Ta01, but it doesn't.

fghjk_047.JPG

Got everything working on it, lights, remote opening and closing doors and siren. Got with transmitter and charger. It has a 9.6 and is so slow and noisey ( I hate toy grade cars), I am guessing it is maybe 1:14 scale.

What have you done today?

post-31821-1304281563_thumb.jpg

I installed the correct dampers on the Lunchie tonight. Now it sits better and will hopefully have some steering now.

Just the chassis brace to go with the mods.

Before

BeforeLunchie.jpg

After

DSC02914.jpg

DSC02913.jpg

I fused a Thundershot chassis, touring car rally wheels and a wrecked Impreza shell to create 'Subashot'. (Thinderubaru sounded too silly)

Goes very well, off to a little wooded track for a spin once the kids are in bed.

Lol, I have been called worse, usually by my wife when I bring another project home.

ha, not just me who gets abuse then :lol:

Just built 2 Kyosho 1/64th Ferrari F1 cars - a Nikki Lauda 312 T2 and a Mansell F1-89 (late version).

All for £1.98

Just packed over 150 items sold in last 4 days, now I am delving into the first of 9 boxes of new stock that arrived this morning, 7 more boxes expected tomorrow, gonna take me a week to get through it all :lol:

Oh and im hoping to get round to fixing up the Superchamp that I found at a "Local" car boot sale, paid £8 for it lol, He had a CAT SWB and a Monster Beetle too (that he wanted £20 for both!), unfortunately being a Bank Holiday weekend and the area full of tourists, every cash machine in the area was EMPTY so I had to pass on the CAT and MB, I got his number tho and called him later in the day but by then they were sold, never mind a Superchamp for £8 was a good enuff find (my first decent find since I got the Boxed Original Hornet and Boxed Astute a few years back).

Put the front and rear stabilizer bars on the DB01, went the light setting.

Then looked at putting the double slipper in it and went “getting late for this will look at it tomorrow”

I traded the Superchamp I found for £8 for some parts for my Stinger MKII including 3 spur gears (yay spares!) and some.other nice shiny bits!. Decided to part with it as I prefer my Stinger MKII as a runner (apart from the Spur gears its bulletproof, must get round to getting some steel ones made), plus I realised that it was going to cost me over £100 to fix up the Champ and decided against and got a fair offer, I am sur its new owner will be happy with it.

Finally fixed my Clod Runner with a new B11. :(

It's one of my fav runner and i really missed him.

Broken

nk6zdha8ed.jpg

Spares

aqiiw26hoy.jpg

Fixed

9j3ehbontr.jpg

Clod is back! :)

fxvbl10lbt.jpg

Bye

WWD

;)

Totally stripped and cleaned my Astute today, took a lot longer than I thought it would..

Will add pics to my project thread soon.

Got my cheap as chips HPI E-Firestorm from Wheelspin, and built some body mount posts for a spare Proline SWB Baja shell I had kicking around. Love the look, will be taking it for it's maiden bash tomorrow!

Put the double slipper in the Durga and thread locked the Neo Falcon.

Not sure if I have the double slipper set correct I guess first run will tell me.

I have dug out the brackets for my Brat lexan body and mounts to fit it to the body. Going to finish the painting and get some pics up on here.

So, what have you done today?

I took my newly acquired HPI Baja 5B for a spin today. It is a very fun and capable machine. It was awesome.

Managed 10 minutes this evening out of the whole weekend for RC ;)

Swapped out the Astute rear wishbones, for the new Madcap ones, added the Madcap hubs. Just need to find time to finish off the turnbuckles, driveshafts and put the motor (Ready 14x2) back in, set it up and give it a blast :o

Hopefully i get further than the first bump this time round !

Rest of today was spent rebuilding an electric golf trolley, after its full strip down, respray etc Saturday. My RC skills got me a bit carried away on the trolley though - found myself cleaning screws and bolts ; not sure why ! Perhaps i should add some radio gear and have it on joystick control ?

Made a little more progress on the Astute rebuild, renewed oil in rear dampers (oil stuff looked like 1:1 engine oil) with fastrax 35wt si oil and found the necessary balls n connector for upper tie links to the rear hubs.

Moving on to the KBF chassis I got from twinset..

Replaced friction dampers with BSD Racing oil filled versions (only just enough room for their chunky width)

Fitted wheels and test fitted the Seben Racing prepainted truggy body. Need some longer body posts for the rear but otherwise looked pretty good.

Nothing RC related I'm afraid. I started to build a Artesania Viking wooden ship. Waaayyyy different from RC modelling. :lol: Doing a stocktake at work over the weekend starting tonight so will be out of action for a couple of days. :lol:

What have you done today?

Rebuilt the ball diff in my Scorcher using ceramic diff balls, the diff feels much smoother now :lol:

I have finally finnished both my restos.

P1040664.jpg

and (still in progress)

P1040640.jpg

Small parts still neds to be done, otherwise it's almost restored...

I need a new frontgrill for my WWM38

So, What have you done today?

Badboy