stumblin

Dark Impact Mambized 67.6mph!

WELL it CAN BE DONE, HIGH power and HIGH speed!!! the DI has great control and it is super FASSSST!! let me tell ya :D

Started with a stock kit, same day I ordered it I ordered a Mamba Max 5700 and Deans connectors. After reading in this forum about the df03 before my stuff shipped I decided to order up CVDs all the way around just to be safe. I decided at this point too I wanted some nice street tires, so I picked up some Traxxas Anacondas 2.2 Buggy tires front and rears with an extra set of stock rims (great combo). I already had my Spektrum dx2.0 so in went a receiver and I already had 2cell lipo's from maxamps that fit perfect (6000mah) so I decided to use those. Let me tell ya for your average person that was WAY more than wat was needed :lol: Here is a clip on 2cells

th_cc0c53ae.jpg

For me though, the 3cell was just too tempting so I ordered a 4000mah 3cell from maxamps and a slipper clutch to help keep my transmission alive and well my first run I hit about 66MPH with my 3cell but my rear diff just gave out very soon after MELTED!!

PICS

IMG_2790.jpg

Now I needed a fix for this problem as I wasn't about to drop my speed :lol: Did some more digging and come to find out if you order a front diff case and build it like a front diff except you use the rear diff gear in place of the front diff gear and you have yourself one nice diff that WILL NOT melt up on you :lol: That rear diff is a joke if you as me (the stock one). Anyhoo.. got her built up and did some more playing and decided it was time for another speed run and WHOAH!!! 67.6. Keep in mind I'm now running the stock pinion but the 82t spur that comes with the slipper clutch so I am now geared down hitting nearly 68MPH :) I have a set of Buggy Dirt Hawgs that are a bit bigger than the stock and anaconda tires that I may use for some speed passes just to break the 70mph mark ;) PS this was GPS'ed, not a guess!! Love this thing and would recommend to anyone. A mamba or velineon brushless setup with CVD's is a must in my book though, but I have a real need for speed :)

Here are some pics

img028.jpg

img030.jpg

Holy :o

This is sick. Am curious to see a vid.

Me too, but i am worried its going to corrupt me into the maniac world of brushless. I do have 1 question though, what does the car look like when you crash at these speeds?? :o:P

Roll on the video and maybe you should add your rear diff mod to the hints and tips section.

Mark

Me too, but i am worried its going to corrupt me into the maniac world of brushless. I do have 1 question though, what does the car look like when you crash at these speeds?? :o:P

Roll on the video and maybe you should add your rear diff mod to the hints and tips section.

Mark

I'm afraid the same is going up for me. Yesterday I saw tha vid ballistic Brushless his tl-01 with 60mph. And now this...

Me too, but i am worried its going to corrupt me into the maniac world of brushless. I do have 1 question though, what does the car look like when you crash at these speeds?? :);)

Mark

Well this is some pretty poor video, the little one was a bit shaky at first... but you can see the crazy insaine speed as well as a small wipe out part way though. I will get some better clips next week when I'm on vacation and spend a few minutes editing to make it decent. I now have 3 of the maxamps lipo's so it can be a all day thing now :D It was a bit damp out still rained for a bit today but not really bad. ENJOY!!

PS the diff mod is way simple order a front diff, assemple just like the front diff, just use the rear diff gear and install in the rear. Nothing tricky about it.. it's a perfect fit and you're golden!!

th_DarkImpact57003celllipo.jpg

Sorry that clip didn't have my wheelie into a back slide into a flip twist and turn back on all fours :D maybe next clip :)

Thats awesome!! :(

lol, that sounds amsuing, like those poor little Delrin gears cant go any faster. Sounds like a turbine maybe.

Ok, so where do you live so we can come round and steal that freak of tamiya!! lol

I like it, just got to convince myself i dont need it now. Mind you living in Canada we dont have smooth roads to drive at that speed. Our weathered roads (-40 C in winter to +45C in summer) means our local roads by our house are potholed and patched so the car would dodge about all over the place. Mind you when the road gets re-layed its going to be hard not to justify it :o

Wow guys anyone doing crazy things w/ their dark impact? I just upgraded my bearing carriers to aluminum all the way around.. seems a bit nicer, but still havn't put together a polished video yet. We went away for a week and just getting back into things kids starting school etc.. so maybe my next day off next week if weather is decent I will go for a few more speed runs and see if I can get some good footage.

Wow guys anyone doing crazy things w/ their dark impact? I just upgraded my bearing carriers to aluminum all the way around.. seems a bit nicer, but still havn't put together a polished video yet. We went away for a week and just getting back into things kids starting school etc.. so maybe my next day off next week if weather is decent I will go for a few more speed runs and see if I can get some good footage.

I jumped mine over my dodge caravan 3 or 4 times just to prove it was better than a DF-02, lol. Survived nicely too, it was stock at the time too apart from the motor. Its a pretty sturdy car stock!

Still running strong!!! I had to add the rear bumper as a wheelie bar though to keep me from FLIPPING! I did get the GPM aluminum bearing carriers all around too.. they just looked soo pretty :(

Anyone else gone brushless yet??

where is the cheapest place where i can find a mamba max 7700?

www.b-p-p.com has free shipping and the absolute lowest mamba max prices you will find anywhere. They are AWESOME to top that!

I would highly recommend going w/ the 5700, with a 3cell lipo it is by far the fastest mamba max there is (can't run 3cells on the 6900 or 7700)

If you run offroad you will appreciate how cool the 5700 runs vs the higher kv rated motors as well. Typically after you have finsihed your speed runs the 7700 just over heats and you have to gear it down soo much that it is no faster than the 5700. The 5700 runs soo much cooler you can gear it up pretty good and still have the speed, but again with the 3cell lipo the 5700 goes faster than any mamba motor :lol:

Enjoy!

Hey! With all your pics and videos, I figured i'd post mine. Ive had this DI for a while, its on its second set of tires and on its third esc (Moped escs make jesus cry.) The paint is chipping a bit, but I still like the ALT paint job my friend did. Upgrades are a 19turn motor, futaba servo with ball bearing, ball bearings in steering, slipper clutch, heatsink bars, CVDs, graphite front shock tower, graphite front suspension brace, front one way. I think thats all..

DSC03988.jpg

DSC03987.jpg

DSC03986.jpg

Well I'm just here to post some pics of my car, after twist told me to do it or he'd eat me. but unlike the others its no DI but a Rising storm!!!! So here it is with its 1 hundred and 1 hop ups, including an Mtroniks viper dash no-limit esc, speed gem 11t double, All 4 alloy suspension arms, Yeah racing alloy shocks, and towers, steering kit and im passing some.

dsc01812ww2.jpg

dsc01813oo7.jpg

dsc01817on5.jpg

dsc01819mn8.jpg

dsc01821ly2.jpg

dsc01829ns3.jpg

**** they are cheap and FREE shipping!! yipeee

now i need to get the money.... mmmmmm

BTW please explain the rear and front diff thing again, i read it a few times and got more confused each time.... you running the stock gearing from the box on your df03 but instead of the front diff being in front you put a rear fidd in front aswel.

Correct? all stock diffs and gearing?

BTW please explain the rear and front diff thing again, i read it a few times and got more confused each time.... you running the stock gearing from the box on your df03 but instead of the front diff being in front you put a rear fidd in front aswel.

I think he put front diff in both.

The problem with the stock rear diff, is that the outdrives are plastic. The stock front diff, however, has nice strong metal outdrives. Since both front & rear diffs use interchangeable parts, all you have to do is order the metal one piece out-drives from a front diff (MJ1 & MJ2), and install them in the rear. You still have to use the stock rear diff main-gear to make it work in the car...

Front diff:

front-diff.jpg

Rear diff:

rear-diff.jpg

The problem with the stock rear diff, is that the outdrives are plastic. The stock front diff, however, has nice strong metal outdrives. Since both front & rear diffs use interchangeable parts, all you have to do is order the metal one piece out-drives from a front diff (MJ1 & MJ2), and install them in the rear. You still have to use the stock rear diff main-gear to make it work in the car...

Front diff:

front-diff.jpg

Rear diff:

rear-diff.jpg

Well done!!

What kind of CVD's, 3Racing, Yeah etc did you install? Just wondering because I shreaded and twisted a set of 3racing and Yeah when I raced my DI in 4WD Modified, powered by a GTX esc and D6 11x2..

What kind of CVD's, 3Racing, Yeah etc did you install? Just wondering because I shreaded and twisted a set of 3racing and Yeah when I raced my DI in 4WD Modified, powered by a GTX esc and D6 11x2..

Had no problem with my 3racing CVDs