Sign in to follow this  
SegaFalcon

Any Info On A Silver Snake Nitro?

I got a nitro from a friend a few days ago and I would lit to find out a bit more about it. Its a 2 wheel drive set up with its orginal body it looks a little like a Dakar rally type truck, its general appearance isnt unlike that of a few of the Hpi trucks. Its Chassis is shaped a little like that of a buggy with the engine towards the back with the fuel tank and exhaust sitting on the left side. Mostly metal but with a strong plastic for the body mounts, suspension arms and front bumper. I will try to get up pics as soon as possible and thank you in advance for any help given.

No one ever seen one before then? Im having trouble getting it to idle happiley, it only does it for a few seconds before cutting out. Life would be so much easier if they would give it a form of multi speed gearbox with a nuetral, insted its just up the throttle and go.

Found the manual of it in its other guise, Duratrax Maximum ST. Anyone else a proud or offended owner of one of these trucks? How have they behaved for you?

my first nitro was a silver snake, and then i got a great vigor bone crusher as a backup (also same as duratrax)

it used to chew out the idler gear if you were doing lots of doughies but usually it was pretty good.i had a force factory pro .12 in mine and it hauled ***.

overall they are a good bashing truck