snofrandy

Tl01ra V Tl01 V Tt01

Sup guys, i was looking at Tamiyausa.com and I found a special edition TL01RA chassis (Part# 49352) and I have few questions:

1) What's the difference between that and TL01 other than the "Rally Arms?"

2) If say I want to switch back n forth between drifting and Rallying, should I also change the rally arms into regular arms?

4) And finally, which is a better platform for doing both? TT01 or TL01/RA

Thanks guys!

Sup guys, i was looking at Tamiyausa.com and I found a special edition TL01RA chassis (Part# 49352) and I have few questions:

1) What's the difference between that and TL01 other than the "Rally Arms?"

2) If say I want to switch back n forth between drifting and Rallying, should I also change the rally arms into regular arms?

4) And finally, which is a better platform for doing both? TT01 or TL01/RA

Thanks guys!

yo better take the tt-01 you can tune it up to your wishes :)

I'd say the TL01RA will be better for rallying. The TT01 doesn't give much ground clearance and isn't really set up for rallying.

I don't know much about the RA arms but I don't see why they wouldn't work for basic drifting. You might have to lower the suspension and stiffen the shocks slightly to get controllable drifts, and obviously change the wheels, but otherwise you should be good to go. I'm not sure what the gearing situation is - bear in mind when you fit the 1.9 drift wheels the gearing will be lower that with the larger rally wheels (which are basically buggy wheels).

I don't usually recommend a TL over a TT but it is much better for semi-off-road stuff like rallying, IMO.

I would go with the TL01, The reason is that its design of suspension with a proper C-hub rather than balls in the upper and lower arms will allow much more travel and stroke along with the proper steel drivetrain not the fisher price stock set. As for the RA arms they are simply the TL01 long arm suspension set which is much like that of a TB01 LA set, These arms give a wider track and better geometry as well as weight and strength improvements comparative to the normal suspension.

On gearing there is precious little difference between them. both are touring cars. I would run a set of shocks and tyres for off road and another for on road/drift, Using ball studs it will be a very simple change and tamiya CVA shocks are so cheap now its not worth the hassle of spring/oil changes.

Cheers

Ryck

You are replying to someone who hasn't been on the site for 10 months.

I know it appears to be thread resurrection week, but this one isn't worth continuing.