Sign in to follow this  
snofrandy

Rx-540vz

does anybody know how many turns this motor have? i still have mine and i haven't used it yet. also, whats' a good way to break-in the engine?

does anybody know how many turns this motor have? i still have mine and i haven't used it yet. also, whats' a good way to break-in the engine?

You do know that motor is worth a small fortune if it's unused and boxed?

- James

nice! thanks for the site. helped me decide for a motor for my falcon. RS-540 Sport Tuned

You do know that motor is worth a small fortune if it's unused and boxed?

- James

Yup, that's pretty much what mine is right now. But i'm buying a new rc. perhaps TT01. My dad bought it in 87 in Singapore when he bought the falcon

Ive got away with a 19t Big Lix in my Falcon. It keeps up with my 45mph Nitro quite well, and makes the newer cars look like pap. My Dad also brought my Falcon but a year or so later in the UK

Yup, that's pretty much what mine is right now. But i'm buying a new rc. perhaps TT01. My dad bought it in 87 in Singapore when he bought the falcon

Why not get an inexpensive Tamiya Super Stock RZ for the new car, rather than using the retro motor? Will be quicker than the RX-540VZ. You could flip the Technigold on eBay for some cash and get a better car than the TT-01 (eg TA05), or keep it minty for when you really get addicted and get a Porsche 959 to restore. :P

If you use the Technigold for a runner, you will have trouble getting replacement rotors and brushes for it when you need them. Your only option is to get them from eBay or through the club.

- James

i was checking hte specs though from the website acorn gave and the technigold seems to have better specs than super stock.

But ya i was considering hte problem of replacement brushes and the likes. I can only get it at ebay or like what u said, here. I was thinking of getting the TB02 instead because i'll be using the car for both rally and on-road/drift and the advantage is shaft driven for rally, but still customizeable. It's like...whats between TA05 and TT01. If that would be the case, i wanna get the Super Stock RZ for TB02 and Sport Tuned for Falcon.

As for the technigold, i know i can sell it for good money, but i guess it's the sentimental value since my dad bought it back then n its really old school. n the older it is, the better haha

i was checking hte specs though from the website acorn gave and the technigold seems to have better specs than super stock.
The Technigold has a better spec, but technology has moved on (better magnets, better brushes) and a modern 23 turn motor is much faster than the old 21 turn motor.

If the Technigold is new, I suggest you keep it that way. Not so much for the "resale value", but more for the nostalgia. It's such a nice display piece that I wouldn't risk even a scratch running it, plus it was a gift from someone else. And who knows, you might one day end up with a beautiful Avante to display it in. <_<

Besides, you can get great power and longer run times from many modern motors with more readily available parts. Although I do understand wanting to run vintage power. It's the same reason I went out of my way to put a CPR p160-f (which has terrible random braking issues) in my Dyna-Storm re-re runner...