Chain Driven

Kyosho Le Mans 360e

I have just received my second NIB Javelin and inside the box there was a catalogue showing a 360E Motor, looking the same as the 600E but longer body as all 360's...only no price and no reference...

From what I have found it was supplied with the Turbo Scorpion kit but has it been sold as an Option House upgrade as well???

Jerome

lemans.jpg

In my full (315 pages) 1987 catalog, Option motors for Javelin and Optima are shown as 240SB, 360PT and 360 Gold.

Turbo Optima/Salute shows same option motors plus Le Mans 240S.

Option motors for all electric buggies inludes Le Mans 600E. Part No 1894. Also shows 360 Gold, 360PT, 360ST, 240SB, 480 Gold, 480T, 480S and 240S.

Spec for Le Mans 600E as follows :

"An excellent choice for powering model road cars. High power, quick acceleration and moderate battery drain. Also suited to model boats and airplanes. Adjustable timing. 540 Type IFMAR legal. Cost is 1980 Yen in 1987.

Outside diameter : 35.4mm

Length : 49mm (without bearing housing)

Weight : 155g

Type : 540

Rotor : 30 Turns. 0.7mm x 1

Bearing : Oilless metal

No mention of 360E - I will keep looking...!!! Given it's an "E" motor I would expect it to be a very mildly tuned high torque type motor. Single winding high number of turns, no ball bearings etc.

This might be helpful : http://www.gassaninedesigns.com/id44.htm

Looks like it was stock in the Turbo Scorpion as you say :

49c8ace0.jpg

Roop

Thanks for the PIcs!

I have a feeling that this motor only came with this kit as there was no serial and no price on the catalog...

Jerome

Hi ,I use to race with the Kyosho motors a lot. The 360 series motors are of 550 seize and not legal.

I raced with the 480s 480t, 480gold, 240s 240 sb, Spa 480 and Spa 280. I had a 600e but was so slow. I have the spec somwhere for most of them. Mark.

To my amazement I have just bought a Le Mans 240E, yes 240E...

So there seem to be a range of "E" motor, so far I have 600E and now 240E and we know there is a 360E as well from the brochure above.

Anyone seen a 480E then ???

Jerome

Was that the one listed for sale as a 240ST? I noticed the listing, but would of prefered a 240E box rather than the 240ST box it came with.

Was that the one listed for sale as a 240ST? I noticed the listing, but would of prefered a 240E box rather than the 240ST box it came with.

Yes it is, but I'm wondering if they were ever sold in boxes, I have a feeling the 360E and 240E were sold in car kits only.

Jerome

The "E" stands for Economey. Not a big drain on batteries. The 600 E was a 30 turn motor.

480 Gold is a 25x4, Spa 480 24x4, Spa 240 18x2.

These are very nice motors. They are on the upper end of the Kyosho motor line-up. I would put them on ebay. Or sell them to us Kyosho fans for a buck or two each. :)

:D u guys are funny... I actually have quite a few of them. I have I think up til now possibly 15 or more of these 480 SPA motors... maybe more... when I have a chance I'll look for em and post em...

The Spa 480 was a newer version of the 480 gold. I raced them a lot back then. They were the first motors i think that had a new process of "wet pressed magnets".

They were reported to have better acceleration and higher top speed. Really was not much better than the 480 Gold even though it had one less turn.

I than tried the Technigold when it came out and was a better motor..

I'm looking for specs of 240ST. can you help?

thanks

Was there ever a 380 gold or am i getting confused with the 480 gold .

As it was a long time ago , I had put one in my boomerang in 87 / 88 ish give or take a year .

I may have to look for one or more & build a boomer with one in it . :)

Thanks .