Sign in to follow this  
snofrandy

Good Platform For Rally/drifitng

I know many of you guys will say either TT01 or TL01, but how does TA05 rally fare? I know it's belt and rocks will get stuck. I'm leaning towards TL01 already but just wondering the possibilities with TA05 chassis. once the gears and belt are protected enough, like say enclosed in a custom lexan inner shell, is it strong enough to endure rally? because i jsut have enough money for one RC and i want it for both drifting/on-road and rally. i have a pretty big backyard and currently i'm using a Falcon

falcon01.jpg

offroad_by.jpg

If you can find one I would go for a TB01. They lend them selfs to rallying but could also be very good drift cars. Unfortunatly they are getting a bit thin on the ground now, but they still pop up on ebay and the trade section on here from time to time.

As far as the TA05 goes if you could completely seal the chassis then you would be good to go. Unfortunatly you would then get a lot of heat build up inside the car and that would cause lots of problems with the electronics over heating.

Over all if you want to rally you NEED somthing with sealed diffs. The only belt drive cars that I know of like that are the Yokomo mr4 rally and the HPI rs4 rally (I think) and these cars are hard to find new or second had. As far as drifting goes you can use either of the two designs and just cange you're suspension set up and wheels for when you are rallying or drifting.

Hope this helps

Tupers

how about the TB02? Sure it might not have a lot of hop-up parts compared to TT01, but its because it has it already. like adjustable camber/caster. Plus it has aluminum driveshaft already, motor heat sink and full set ball bearings

Yeh a TB02 would be perfect providing the aera you are driving on in rally mode isn't to rough. TB02s' are loads better performing that a fully upgraded a TT01. A TB02 also has a lot more potential for upgrading it to make a real racer.

Tupers

Nice Falcon, Ive seen people with the McRae Focus that may be ideal to your needs. Unfortunately Idont remember the chassis name.

Hi the TB02 is possible to rally however it does need serious work in removing chassis parts, re-building the front end to gain enough travel.

The TT-01 also is not the best for rally thanks to its fisher price suspension system it does need a lot of new parts with all new drive shafts, cup joint, hubs, upper links, steering links in order to get the required travel espically at the front.

Overall i would say to go either for a TB01 which is a very good and solid rally car or a TL01 which is a project that I am currently working upon, there is also the option of a TA03 like those of thesuper which run very well on his fine gravel rally tracks.

best regards Ryck