Sign in to follow this  
Mad Ax

Rallying A Tl-01

Just acquired a modified TL-01 chassis which will become a general basher stroke project platform. I don't much enjoy tarmac bashing, so I want to use it on dust and light gravel for a bit of rallying fun.

My questions are (before I spend all my wages on the wrong bits) - what's the recommended options for setting a TL-01 up for rallying?

I will hopefully be getting hold of some rally block tyres later today (there's been a set at my LHS that I've had my eye on for ages, now I've got an excuse to buy them ;) )

I read somewhere that the Long Arm conversion doesn't add any width to the car, but it does change how it handles. Could this be used to effect a bit more ground clearance? Would it be a good mod for bashing on the dirt?

Any other options or adjustments to help with off-road stability would be appreciated <_<

Used mine in stock form for this type of use, the oil shocks are a must, get the ride height as high as you can. One problem is the high wear on the motor sticking out the side of the chassis (See my showroom for a DIY remedy for this problem in the tutorials section), it gets shot-blasted by gravel. Another problem is gravel jamming the steering, but havn't found a solution for that one yet. Otherwise its quite a capable, fun rally platform. The aftermarket foam front bumper is a good idea if its gonna take a lot of front hits, the stock hard plastic one doesnt protect the wheels and transmits all the impact energy into the chassis. Good rally block or pinspike tyres are also a must.

hope that helped, see my vids for some TL-01 rally action, with a subaru shell.