value

Mini Montecarlo (m-03) And A Rz Motor

I bought a Super Stock RZ motor for a Mini Montecarlo (m-03).

I noticed that on its box, there are suggestion for every type of chassis on which pinions to choose, but there isn't the m-03....

So guys, what do u suggest to me?????

I bought a Super Stock RZ motor for a Mini Montecarlo (m-03).

I noticed that on its box, there are suggestion for every type of chassis on which pinions to choose, but there isn't the m-03....

So guys, what do u suggest to me?????

using the standard gear ratio of 5.8 is great for the rz motor, bacause the tires are not too big. maybe you can go one pinion larger than the standard gear ratio,

so 1:5.4 should be no problems for the rz with the m03 tires. But you should have a look on the collector from the motor, if it changes the color, than you hve to

turn the collector with a come lathe and replace the bushes.

I run one of my Minis with an RZ. The power from this motor will spin the wheels whatever pinion you choose. You just can't overload this motor with such light weight and tiny wheels.

The 20 tooth pinion will work fine. I would suggest you fit the M03 Universal Shafts though, as with such power, things wear very quickly and become unbalanced with vibrations in the driveshafts setting in.

Mud.

^^^ ditto to above. The RZ is a great motor. Would definitely recommend universals aswell. Be prepared to buy new tires on a regular basis too :huh:

:huh::lol: thanks for the suggestion!!!!!!

I think it will be great to see this little rocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!