Sign in to follow this  
rcracerpete

Fitting Rear Srb Shocks With Coil Over Conversion?

Hello, i am fitting standard shocks with crp coilover kit and taking away the rear torsion bars, but how do i get a piece of brass tube to fit in thew front of the rear arms, as this is attached to the rear torsion bars?

Thanks for any help,

Pete.

I bolted mine to prevent them bending in a big crash.

I used an M4 bolt & some 6mm OD aluminium tube as a bush with a couple of washers as shims & a nyloc nut to stop it all escaping.

Have a close look at the pics of my Ranger.

I can post some better closeups tonight if you want a better look.

I used an old screwdriver (nice and hard chrome vanadium and perfect diameter 6mm)

Cut down to 18mm lengths

A simple fix but works a treat and you can make loads out of just one old tool ;-)

Hello, i am fitting standard shocks with crp coilover kit and taking away the rear torsion bars, but how do i get a piece of brass tube to fit in thew front of the rear arms, as this is attached to the rear torsion bars?

Thanks for any help,

Pete.

Hi Pete , i use B+Q brass rod , i cut it to length , finish the ends, and its perfect :D

Hi Pete , i use B+Q brass rod , i cut it to length , finish the ends, and its perfect :D

Gotta be careful mixing brass & alloy, they have a tendency to bind together & seize up :) .

Gotta be careful mixing brass & alloy, they have a tendency to bind together & seize up ;) .

No problems so far - but thanks for the pointer :D ,but if you want to use alu rod Pete ,they sell that too :D