Gravel-Hounda

Dyna Blaster To Dyna Storm Conversion

Hi all.

Well I've found a Dyna Blaster on my local trading site, and as it shares the same chassis with the Dyna Storm, I was wondering if it can be converted to a Dyna Storm. Now I'm not expecting to win this auction, as some of the Kiwi Tamiya Clubbers will read this and start the bidding war, sobeit. :blink:

Anyway, I just wanted to know what the differences are between the Dyna B and Dyna S (apart from the bodies). Are the front and rear arms wider on the Dyna B, or the same as the Dyna S. I've always faniced the Dyna Storm, looks like a 'proper' racer.

Cheers' and thanks in advance

Del

It'd be cheaper to buy a Dyna Storm unless you get the blaster real cheap. The gearbox + MDC are the same as are most of the smaller parts but they are very different cars. The Blaster has an ABS chassis, the Storm is FRP and the shock towers and A arms arms are different. The shocks are plastic on the Blaster so you'd have to track down the Storm shocks which are hard to find and pretty expensive (very nice though!). Basically you have to buy alot of expensive parts to make it into a Dyna Storm. You can still get 2nd hand Storms on ebay (mainly re-re's) cheaper than it would cost to do what you are thinking (unless the blaster is REALLY cheap)

I had the exact same idea a couple of years ago but got lucky cause there were still a few new Re-re's around so I got to build a Dyna Storm from the box :blink:

In saying that my Dyna Blaster see's more action than any of my other cars! I love it, with some alloy shocks and a couple of bearings (Gearbox has a couple of plastic ones, Storm has metal bearings) it's one fun beast! With the MDC you can run serious motors (I run an 11T without drama's) and the higher ground clearance and bigger tyres make the car more forgiving over the rough stuff.

I say buy it and do it up as a Blaster!!!

Cheers for that, I'll keep it in mind. Although I'm more of a buggy type guy. Just checked the auction, should have snapped up the $50 Buy Now when I could, looks like the bidding's going to go way over that. Such is Life

You should have bought it at that price regardless! Still probably worth getting it - then get a Dyna Storm to go with it...

I'd love to find a cheap Dyna Blaster...

Don't do the conversion.

DB and DS shares only the gearbox and some other little bits.

The DB is longer, larger and cheaper in materials (all plastics).

Chassis, arms, shocks, shock towers, wheels, shafts, body... everything is conceptually similar but different in fact.

So if you find a Dyna Storm, used and re-re it's easier and cheaper.

At the end the Dyna Blaster is rarer and funiest to drive so...

Cheers

Max

You should have bought it at that price regardless! Still probably worth getting it - then get a Dyna Storm to go with it...

I'd love to find a cheap Dyna Blaster...

Hi Gruntfuggly, your maybe in luck, check the for sale forum, i have one. Maybe you can bring it back to life!...

Thanks