Sign in to follow this  
MAD RACER

Next Re Release

Rough rider or sand-sorcher would put my hand in my wallet.. :)

mike32.

You mean "sold". Tamiya did produce & race the TRF-211x, but it was never for sale:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3DZ4P%26sa%3DG

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3DZ4P%26sa%3DG

Follow the random links on that page for more cool info...

Actually I never knew about this adaptation of the Storm/TRF-211X, thanks for the info! Does Tamiya fear the Competition 2WD market?? ;)

I would love to see a Fox with a better drive shafts and a lid for radio access like the Hot Shot.

Sand scorcher (obvioulsy) or Boomerang I loved the boomerang and it was a classic popular car in its day.

Definatley a Falcon, my first car, I have a new build which I dare not ever use and two wrecks I'm making into one runner - just need a new shell, but I'd love to get a new one (or two)I can use in the knowledge I can easily repair it when I smack it. They'd need to fix the weak point at the front of the chassis though! I'd also like to see the Boomerang / Super Sabre as I always wanted one first time round & a Hotshot II, they've released the first so why not the second - it was so much better, It was my second car I ever got & I really regret trading it all those years ago!

I would love to see an Astute rere either the Super or the standard. But as some other people have brought up I think it might not happen because it would cannibalize the sales of their modern 2wd budgies. BUT all0 the other miniature cars have become rere's minus the Astute and Avante, maybe we still have hope.

I can't see Tamiya re re-ing any of the SRBs. At their core Tamiya is a plastics company, and there was a whole lot of metal on the SRBs. Don't get me wrong, I know they do good detailed metal work, but I just don't see them going that far back in the way-back-machine.

A FAV and Wild One pairing would be very well accepted IMHO. Tamiya already has the dogbone solution for the rear end (from the Frog series), and the Rough Rider crowd would be all over the FAV wheel and tire combo.

Due to the Sand Scorcher's cultish following I could see them releasing a Sand Scorcher 2 maybe. Could be as simple as a Beetle shell on a Frog chassis or as complicated as redesigning the SRB in CF and plastic.

Bob

Just a thought, regarding making a Sand Scorcher II with a Frog chassis, why not just do a Monster Beetle? It'd be so easy with the Frog already being out.

Just a thought, regarding making a Sand Scorcher II with a Frog chassis, why not just do a Monster Beetle? It'd be so easy with the Frog already being out.

Cause a monster beetle is a monster truck, I'm suggesting a buggy. The Monster Beetle body fitment to the Frog chassis is a bit high for the wheels to hit right, so that would have to be tweeked, and a new design rear cage and exhaust stinger would be required to call it a SS2. SS/Grasshopper wheels and tires are a must.

I just completed my take on the SCollins Scorcher. I built mine on an A&L swingarm chassis and I shortened the wheelbase by drilling and moving the noseplate back. I used the Parma body, painted "Box Art" with Re-pro decals in the mail. It also sports a custom brass basher front bumper and Grasshopper wheels and tires front and rear. Everyone I show it to wants me to make one for them, which leads me to believe that the Bug as a buggy still has a dedicated following.

Bob

Cause a monster beetle is a monster truck, I'm suggesting a buggy. The Monster Beetle body fitment to the Frog chassis is a bit high for the wheels to hit right, so that would have to be tweeked, and a new design rear cage and exhaust stinger would be required to call it a SS2. SS/Grasshopper wheels and tires are a must.

I just completed my take on the SCollins Scorcher. I built mine on an A&L swingarm chassis and I shortened the wheelbase by drilling and moving the noseplate back. I used the Parma body, painted "Box Art" with Re-pro decals in the mail. It also sports a custom brass basher front bumper and Grasshopper wheels and tires front and rear. Everyone I show it to wants me to make one for them, which leads me to believe that the Bug as a buggy still has a dedicated following.

Bob

Sorry didn't mean as a Sand Scorcher, I just ment to re-release the Monster Beetle.

And a seperate Sand Scorcher as well.

i would like to see the f1 cars re-released esp the no 5 william's of nigel mansel

I remember getting a tip from Alex Jung that you could buy 5/16" allen wrenches and cut them off at the bend (making them straight instead of L shaped) - and use these for the dogbones in the Frog/Blackfoot/WildOne/FAV when the stock ones wore out.

I haven't tried it yet but plan to...

Hi I was reading somewere that tamiya will be re releaseing the 959 soon, not sure if this is true.

Thinking completely to the leftfield and a tad hypothetical, they could probably do a 1/12 959 Shell on a GB-03 4wd chassis.

I cant find the website now (it was an rc forum) but it said that it would be sold for around 200pounds. I will keep trying to find the site

Thanks

I cant find the website now (it was an rc forum) but it said that it would be sold for around 200pounds. I will keep trying to find the site

Thanks

Glut of NIB 959 shells coming to market soon? :) lol, that would be great!

But really I still can't believe how good we have had it with re re's already this year, so I find it hard to understand why Tamiya would re re re "all the sliverware" so close to each other. But if so, .... I can feel a nice Christmas present and build coming on !! :D

Well if it was up to me they would re-release all the SRB models with full parts support.

But obviously it's not up to me so my best guess is the next one will be The Boomerang.

Well if it was up to me they would re-release all the SRB models with full parts support.

But obviously it's not up to me so my best guess is the next one will be The Boomerang.

There still isn't parts support for the Hotshot re-re. I'm getting annoyed with that...

so I find it hard to understand why Tamiya would re re re "all the sliverware" so close to each other.

I would think it could be because, the children who bought the originals are now at the age and position in life, to be able to and want to, buy back aspects of their childhood, that they either wanted and couldn't have at the time, or did have and now don't.

I think i've been hanging around lawyers too long, i'm starting to type-speak like them now, lol.

You get what i mean though right?

I'm surprised more people aren't suggesting the monster beetle considering how much attention it seems to get. That'd be my choice anyway.

I'm surprised more people aren't suggesting the monster beetle considering how much attention it seems to get. That'd be my choice anyway.

This would be an easy one for Tamiya too what with the chassis being almost the same as the Frog/Brat and the shell was still being produced a couple of years ago (Blitzer Beetle) and even the tyres (pin spikes) are still available new!

I think they should go for it!

MONSTER BEETLE!!! :P

SRB's!!! :P

Badboy

The 11th input at page 1!!! :(

So, it has been up for suggestion! :)

Badboy