Sign in to follow this  
MAD RACER

Next Re Release

if it has not already been re-released i would like to get my hands on a willies wheeler(sp) (sorry)

saw one the other day and i love the look of that little turbo honda.

The willys wheeler body set was re-released a couple years ago. They also sols some parts to convert it with stret stires on your Wild Willy 2 - -looked absolutely killer. Kicking myself all the way down the street for not buying it back then...

The willys wheeler body set was re-released a couple years ago. They also sols some parts to convert it with stret stires on your Wild Willy 2 - -looked absolutely killer. Kicking myself all the way down the street for not buying it back then...

Chrome Blackfoot! ;)

Blazing Blazer Hi-lift all day long.

and if tamiya dont build one soon i'm making my own out of a clod body and a big hacksaw!!!

Blazing Blazer Hi-lift all day long.

and if tamiya dont build one soon i'm making my own out of a clod body and a big hacksaw!!!

i'd worry about the strength of having a hacksaw blade as a chassis lol ;)

I would love to see a re-re scorcher or ford ranger

Astute? oh i hope so, ball diffs availiable again would be fantastic, bet if they do it it will be a re-bodied sand viper though, kinda like the new avante.

I wondered about that too, but then I also wondered what, if any, of Tamiya's current 2wd line-up could be considered as a racing model. I've pre-ordered a DT-02 MS from Fusion Hobbies, and looking at that I think Tamiya may have done 1 of 3 things:

1. They've missed a trick with it and neglected to include carbon/graphite shock towers etc to allow more setup options (unlikely), or;

2. They've thought it'd be like trying to flog a dead horse on that chassis because the DT-02 is seen as an entry level car by the majority, or;

3. They're planning to re-re a competetive chassis like the Top-Force Evo or similar.

They're only a few thoughts late at night.

Fraser.

Edited by stulec52
Please see rule number 2 in the forum rules section

Monster Beetle PLEASEEEEEEE!!! Does anyone know either way when Tamiya are likely to release then next re-re?

Wild One and Monster Beetle because I missed them when I was 16 :D (my first car was a Mad Cap and after this I've burned a lot of money for an useless Yokomo Super DogFighter Works '91 :P ).

Blitzer Beetle because I love Beetles :D !

Anything SRB ,SS,RR,SC and the list goes on .

The Fav ,Wild One.

I pretty well have the rest I Want ......20 Kits /Cars Since May doing okay :P

(Oops 27 just did a recount more on the way :D )

Stuart

I'm gagging for a Rough Rider, Sand Scorcher, Ranger, and Super Champ all released identical to originals. Some hope LOL.

Actually I would very much like to see Kyosho get in on the act with re-re's of the Optima, Turbo Optima, Javelin, and Turbo Optima Mid, and Turbo Scorpion. They already had a nod in this direction by fairly recently making miniature comemorative pull back models of Optima and Turbo Scorpion. I wonder what it would take to make them go further apart from hard cash. A petition maybe?

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I never had a Monster Beetle, although I drove my mate's on plenty of occasions! So that would get my vote!

Also I thought about an Astute, but I built one of these back in 1990, and it was a nightmare to keep serviceable! So a Madcap would be a much better bet!

With the current recession starting to really bite, maybe this is a great time for Tamiya to really cash in, and get some more "retro" models out....I wonder what the sales figures are like for the Hornet and Grasshopper?

With the current recession starting to really bite, maybe this is a great time for Tamiya to really cash in, and get some more "retro" models out....I wonder what the sales figures are like for the Hornet and Grasshopper?

For the re-release of the Grasshopper, my own box has a serial number under the lid of 19,156.

So they made quite a lot :D

Cheers,

Ali. G.

So no new news on Re-releases.. we are all in dream stage lol.

Everyone wants new SRB's. I'm guessing Tamiya knows the demand for them, but for some reason have not bit the bullet. If Tamiya was to make the Sand Scorcher and other SRBs, my guess is they would be on a modernised chassis that reflects the old one.. like the new 3 Speed.

Aside form SRB, my personal vote would be for FAV / Wild One. I personally like the FAV its a great looking buggy. I would only vote for a Monster Beetle so we can have more VW Beetle bodies out there.. other wise I am not a big fan of the Frog chassis.

It would be cool if Kyosho re-released the old Cosmo, or Optima Mid. I have a really nice original box for the Cosmo, and I used to have an optima mid custom, which unfortunately I could not find the belt guards for. Every time I ran the thing it would pick up a stone in the rear gearbox "Crunch"!! So I sold it.

Interesting subject, re-releasing one of the SRB's. My take on it is they would probably be seriously expensive, which would undoubtedly make Tamiya nervous about a re-release. The price of metal is very high at the moment, and just think of all the alloy they would need to make a batch!! I would love to see one of them back out. Perhaps there would be a market for re-release body sets, and wheel and tyre sets? I'm sure they could do a roaring trade on radio boxes, I'd buy 10!! My Super Champ has taken about 2 months to build from scratch, collecting parts off Ebay. Would have preferred a re-release to make life easier.

I have 3 of the re-release cars, Hornet, Frog, and The Brat. They're huge fun, my favourite has to be The Frog. Fully ball raced, and a black mabuchi in it, it's ace! The speed controller that came with it ain't bad either

I'd definately buy an FAV, Wild One, or Holiday Buggy if they came around again.

I think the Fox will be next with Dog bone rear end.

I will buy one even if I have a Divorce over it.LOL....

I would say that anything with a VW Bug body on it, with realism would sell like crazy. But I would really like a modernized srb type car, 3 speeds and all.

Another one for the Monster Beetle!!!

But even Wild One, Boomerang or srb Ford Ranger XLT ( naaaah, not the usual Sand Scorcher :D ) would be very welcome!