Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Avante Mk. Ii

Hey Everyone,

I just got done my build of the Avante Mk. II. I was very skeptical of this kit and I thought it was just plain ugly. But I painted the wheels to resemble the original Avante and I must say that it really does make a huge difference! I will be painting the body tomorrow. Check it out:

avante.jpg

Here is the finished product! I think this car looks GREAT! If you leave it stock, it does not really look that appealing, but if you paint the wheels to look like the original Avante and add a driver figure, it make a HUGE difference! What do you guys think???

avante1.jpg

avante2.jpg

avante3.jpg

Looks great.

Adding the driver is the master stroke.

These things look really great green also.

Very nice job you did. :)

Looks fantastic! With the wheels painted and the driver it gives me enough of a nostalgia kick to convince me to go with the Avante MkII instead of a Dark Impact when I get a DF03 buggy in the next few months....

What sort of paint did you use on the wheels? Acrylic? Enamel?

Cheers!

I used Tamiya Acrylic black paint and then sprayed on Tamiya Clear Spray paint over top. Thanks for the compliments!!!

I took this out for the first run last night and I must say that it moves!! I only have a 21 Turn motor installed! I must say that Tamiya has designed a great car in the Dark Impact, Avante Mk.II, and the Keen Hawk! I know alot of people bash the look of the Avante Mk. II, but you truly have to see in person to fully apperciate it...and paint the wheels and add a driver! :-)

Hope you dont mind but I just ordered one and Im going to copy yours :)

It looks great ;)

Shame I missed this first time round - very inspired paint choice, it definately looks much better like that.

I wasn't a fan of the MkII when it was released but it has grown on me, I think with some careful painting it could look pretty good.

Painted my driver tonight so its ready :o

1000329hb5.jpg

Looks GREAT! I really loved the way it turned out when I added the black paint to the wheels and added a driver figure. I remember when it was all finished, I could not stop looking at it! I actually sold this one, but I plan to buy another and do the same thing to it again!!