Sign in to follow this  
tamiya-kits

My Tamiya Website For Uk And Usa Residents :-)

what do u think guys?
It just appears to be affiliate links to ebay auctions and a series of distracting animated affiliate links. Not much use to most of us as we already search ebay for all their auctions worldwide, not just the limited selection and countries on your site. If you wanted to sponsor Tamiyaclub what discount could you give the members?

This sort of site was all over the net 5 years ago, they disappeared because they don't work. If you want to earn an income from the internet build a proper online shop and sell something or provide decent content and then add advertising to fund it.

It just appears to be affiliate links to ebay auctions and a series of distracting animated affiliate links. Not much use to most of us as we already search ebay for all their auctions worldwide, not just the limited selection and countries on your site. If you wanted to sponsor Tamiyaclub what discount could you give the members?

This sort of site was all over the net 5 years ago, they disappeared because they don't work. If you want to earn an income from the internet build a proper online shop and sell something or provide decent content and then add advertising to fund it.

they dont work? thats funny cos i run about 6 sites now with ebay and am making a nice income. i dont have a 9-5 job and internet pays me.

these sites i have convert and convert well. why would i stop now?

It just looked like a load of links to Ebay to me also but good luck with it.

they dont work? thats funny cos i run about 6 sites now with ebay and am making a nice income.

You asked for opinions, I gave you one.

There used to be loads of this type of sites in r/c which popped up whenever you tried searching for stuff, I can't recall the last time I saw one of these. Vintage r/c collectors aren't going to be buying through you when we can perform a much more useful worldwide search on ebay. A lot of us buy new parts from Hong Kong shops on ebay yet they don't appear in your results. All of us here are already ebay members so you are unlikely to get the affiliate fee from anyone here registering with ebay.

I'm sure you might pick up online newbies who have somehow missed ebay if they find the site, but regarding an income if you had a proper online shop which sold r/c kits you would earn a lot more money.

You asked for opinions, I gave you one.

There used to be loads of this type of sites in r/c which popped up whenever you tried searching for stuff, I can't recall the last time I saw one of these. Vintage r/c collectors aren't going to be buying through you when we can perform a much more useful worldwide search on ebay. A lot of us buy new parts from Hong Kong shops on ebay yet they don't appear in your results. All of us here are already ebay members so you are unlikely to get the affiliate fee from anyone here registering with ebay.

I'm sure you might pick up online newbies who have somehow missed ebay if they find the site, but regarding an income if you had a proper online shop which sold r/c kits you would earn a lot more money.

I agree with Terry, pretty useless for me as most of the stuff you have is all ready in my watched items. I alos agree with Terry,on the fact that if you had parts your self you could make more money,Just parting out a High lift is a pretty good way to make a few dollars.

If your making money COOL, I'd give up the daily job too!! I shop directly from Tamiya-USA, ebay, and my LHS. In fact I know most members on this board buy and sell directly through ebay.. In all honesty, I would only buy my stuff through 3 sources: LHS/Tower, ebay, and Tamiya USA. Your site looks cool though...

Especially as some of the mainstream kits are represented there, and prices are pretty steep and actually higher than most big hobby shops...

I didn't bookmark your page... but if you make money with it, good for you :P

Paul

I think that what we are all trying to say is that it needs a bit more subtance to get TC Members interested.

Still good luck with it.

Jerome