Sign in to follow this  
queens33588

Metallic Midnight Pumpkin Paint?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum so i would like to say hi. I have a quick question that maybe one of you might know. I have a Metallic Midnight Pumpkin and i have a small scratch on the body. I would like to touch it up. Is the tamiya ps-48 the correct paint? Thanks for any info.

it's going to look like a bright silver. I fear the fix would look worse than the scratch. You could paint the truck with one of the new clear paints. the chrome base woudl give it a killer look

Thanks shodog,

I really didn't want to repaint the whole thing. I guess tamiya doesn't make an exact match. That sucks. Basically what happen is when i screwed in the window, it poke out the top of the body. I know, i screwed up and use the wrong screw. :D Anyway i fix the whole with a little body filler and i have a small blue spot on the top of the body with a few small scratches from wet sanding. Just wanted to touch it up.

You can buy a super chromium paint from some motor stores.

e.g. Halfords in the UK do one, it's for the bling boys but is a better match than anything Tamiya do with this chroming. You'll then need to put some dark laquer over it as the chrome on the Pumpkin is a darkened colour.

Any paint type repair will be noticable on that chrome body. I think a strategically placed sticker or decal might be the answer.

Bluefoot,

Yup, that's what i started to think, since there is no paint match. Just cover it up with a sticker. Thanks for the help guys/gals.

Bluefoot,

Yup, that's what i started to think, since there is no paint match. Just cover it up with a sticker. Thanks for the help guys/gals.

that would be the best thing to do i think. that happened to me too when i restored a red bodied monster beetle. I polished up the red plastic and it looked excellent - but i used a screw that was slightly too long to secure the windscreen at the front. it left a small white mark where the plastic had stretched slightly from the pressure of the screw. I found a nice yellow TAMIYA sticker to go across the front of the roof - hides the problem and worked perfect with my red and yellow theme of the truck. ;)