barney buggy collector

Rc Db01 Durga - Db01

i want to see the instruction manual.

it has front and rear universal as hop-up. why are these not even included in the kit... <_<

i want to see the instruction manual.

it has front and rear universal as hop-up. why are these not even included in the kit... <_<

Keep the cost down..

I'd also like to see the instructions - as it would be interesting to see how many parts transfer over from the 501X.

Tamiya have a bad habit on their cheaper kits of having the suspension mounts molded into the chassis - It would be great if you could just bolt the 501 mounts onto it. This applies to the centre layshaft assembly too - it would be better if the 501 unit would fit rather than having to buy Durga-specific hop-ups.

I'll guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks <_<

Hmm... those close up shots are telling, doesn't look like many 501 parts will fit that baby, comparing it to mine.

Front shock tower = no

Rear shock tower = no

Steering assembly = no

Centre diff, layshaft = no

I'd say no meaningful transferable parts...

<_<

Hello there, B)

I am glad to notice my report seems to have been able to help you.

I am feeling Tamiya's design is getting better and useful for us after 501X. How do you think about it?

Especially, such a separate-mount system promises expansibility of settings as you know.

of course, it no needs to disassemble and replace its gearbox and expose its greasy bowels on dusty and windy track even if we broke its leg mounts by mistake.

This is very important evolution from their DF or DT series, I think so.

I think even if they rise its price 20 dollars or more, Tamiya had better to add universals to this babe.

post-1487-1191228147.jpg

Hello there, ;)

I am glad to notice my report seems to have been able to help you.

I am feeling Tamiya's design is getting better and useful for us after 501X. How do you think about it?

Especially, such a separate-mount system promises expansibility of settings as you know.

of course, it no needs to disassemble and replace its gearbox and expose its greasy bowels on dusty and windy track even if we broke its leg mounts by mistake.

This is very important evolution from their DF or DT series, I think so.

I think even if they rise its price 20 dollars or more, Tamiya had better to add universals to this babe.

I was Hoping that the Durga was a new STRIKER B)

How about the Plazma car did you hear anything about it?

I was Hoping that the Durga was a new STRIKER B)

How about the Plazma car did you hear anything about it?

Yes, I was surprised by "Plasma edge".

DF-02 seems still alive!

However I have no idea whether DF-02 can participate again in Tamiya Grand-prix in the future.

The MSRP is now listed on TamiyaUSA.com. $295 seems pricey at $55 over the latest DF-03 chassis (Avante MkII). Definitely no CVD's included. For that price they could at least added the old style universals to the front or something.

Yes, I was surprised by "Plasma edge".

DF-02 seems still alive!

However I have no idea whether DF-02 can participate again in Tamiya Grand-prix in the future.

I like the DF-02 Chassis,And im still surprised that we sell them alot here in Atsugi. We even sold one to a Kyosho employee. :(

Maybe the DF-02 is a lower level car but it is pretty cheap,and a nice looking car.

The DT-02 MS is a good car for Tamiya races,so i dont have to buy the expensive shocks and other parts.

But Tamiya has so many good cars now,and i dont know what car to buy. B) everything looks good

The MSRP is now listed on TamiyaUSA.com. $295 seems pricey at $55 over the latest DF-03 chassis (Avante MkII). Definitely no CVD's included. For that price they could at least added the old style universals to the front or something.

The MSRP is set, but you have to figure in the street price. I got my DF03 from Hobby People (LHS) for $139.99 and I bet the Durga will be under $200.00 B)

I like the DF-02 Chassis,And im still surprised that we sell them alot here in Atsugi. We even sold one to a Kyosho employee. :P

Maybe the DF-02 is a lower level car but it is pretty cheap,and a nice looking car.

The DT-02 MS is a good car for Tamiya races,so i dont have to buy the expensive shocks and other parts.

But Tamiya has so many good cars now,and i dont know what car to buy. :D everything looks good

Yes, also I think DF-02 is not bad chassis even if many parts are too flexible.

Because its drivability is gentle enough for beginners too.

Durga has very sophisticated features from DF-02 but I think its outline is not so different from DF-02 at each stock conditions.

By the way, I paid 18,000 yen ( = $150 ) for my DF-03.

Umm, where am I? :)

Because its drivability is gentle enough for beginners.

Durga has very sophisticated features from DF-02 but I think its outline is not so different from DF-02 at each stock conditions.

Umm, where am I? :P

I think you are in Japan...... :):D

DF-02 is very good for the first steps in offroading. However most people want more after a short time and I think the Durga is a good step for those people.

Because its drivability is gentle enough for beginners.

Umm, where am I? :)

Toyoma :D Hobby Box should have given you a better discount :P

The MSRP is set, but you have to figure in the street price. I got my DF03 from Hobby People (LHS) for $139.99 and I bet the Durga will be under $200.00 :D

I'm hoping for no more than $170 at LHS. Anything more wouldn't warrant complete lack of included hop-ups. The car does look like it will perform, but the included CVA shocks are simply throw-away items. I hate the way the rear pistons must be shimmed to sit correctly as they are WAY too thin to for the e-clip groove spacing cut in the shock shaft. :)

To me the price of this kit would be LHS price + hop-up shocks. I priced out 501x shocks at $57 (pieced together) directly from TamiyaUSA, so they look like the way to go. The DF-03 hop-up shocks look nice, but they don't seem nearly as performance oriented (and they cost the same or more)..

I priced out 501x shocks at $57 (pieced together) directly from TamiyaUSA, so they look like the way to go. The DF-03 hop-up shocks look nice, but they don't seem nearly as performance oriented (and they cost the same or more)..

...is that for all four COMPLETE shocks?

I was just asking bakaguyjean about these, and even in Japan they have to be bought as parts.

Added up all the bits looked like costing more than that to me on ebay.

I was just asking bakaguyjean about these, and even in Japan they have to be bought as parts.

That includes everything but the oil. All the parts cannot be found on Ebay currently. Here is what you need (prices from TamiyaUSA.com):

51280 V Parts (2 sets in 1 pack) $6.50

51281 W Parts (2 sets in 1 pack) $3.60

51282 X Parts (2 sets in 1 pack) $5.25

9404701 501X Damper Parts Bag $42.00

The droop limiting spacers & piston shims used in the 501x instructions are not manditory, but they can be purchased separately if you desire (I did not include these in my earlier price):

53539 5.5mm (outer diameter) Spacer Set $8.75

53585 3mm (inner diameter) Shim Set $6.00

Are you excited yet?

That includes everything but the oil. All the parts cannot be found on Ebay currently. Here is what you need (prices from TamiyaUSA.com):

51280 V Parts (2 sets in 1 pack) $6.50

51281 W Parts (2 sets in 1 pack) $3.60

51282 X Parts (2 sets in 1 pack) $5.25

9404701 501X Damper Parts Bag $42.00

The droop limiting spacers & piston shims used in the 501x instructions are not manditory, but they can be purchased separately if you desire (I did not include these in my earlier price):

53539 5.5mm (outer diameter) Spacer Set $8.75

53585 3mm (inner diameter) Shim Set $6.00

Are you excited yet?

I agree about the price and hope it is lower (crossfingers), the 501X shocks would make sense instead of the DF03 Set when price is considered...

BTW, the 501X shocks are the best around IMO!!

I think Tamiya will release "DB01 Aluminum Damper Set" soon, even if it is same as 501's because Tamiya is very earnest and straight company. ;)

501's shock seems welcomed for other makes user too.

my friend Hirano drove Cyclone D4 at IFMAR Worlds.

He is using 501 shocks for his Cyclone and says HB's shock is "no good".

So, HB's shocks were set on his Cyclone during only coloring-contest. :rolleyes:

Here is most of the shock parts for the 501X,with a few of the plastic parts trees the shocks wouldnt be to bad.

http://www.rcmxstore.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=7008