richb

Does Anybody Know What These Are Off?

this set of wheels and tires are on ebay at the moment. I have asked the buyer if he knows what the hex drive is and offset etc, but his answer was 'dunno mate, sorry'!

Anybody know what they are?

0d90_1.jpg

Thanks Tupers

The seller did say he thought they might be Hobao, but wasnt sure. Do you think they fit a detonator without to many mods?

I've been told that they are off a Hobao Dominator and the hex size is 21mm! Odd size, and no chance of them fitting my truck

keep looking i guess

I believe Hobao and Ofna are the same company. Just depends on where they are located. I've seen truggies in Hong Kong that are exactly the same as the Ofna's I see here in Canada. The 2.2's should fit the detonator just fine because they both use 12mm hexes.

I've got a set of them on my Pirate 10. They certainly don't have a 21mm hex. It's 12mm

NitroScorcher002.jpg

Thanks. might take the gamble. BTW love the shell. That is almost exactly what i'm looking at doing with a HPI baja TT shell, but in red and white! Whose shell is that one?

It's a 1/10 HPI Beetle cup shell. :unsure:

Like it a lot, might try and source one for my TD

Looks good Terry. And I thought I was being original :unsure:

I think thats the shell i'm going to get. I have checked with dimensions with Modelsport for the Baja TT shell which is off the e-savage and it looks like it will do the job.

I'll be starting another thread soon asking about cutting and painting tips, unless i can find anything in the archives

Those are the stock ofna Pirate-10 wheels(at least that is what they are called in the US). Notice how deep the offset is on the side shots of the baja beetle. The nice thing about them is that the offset is such that the hex sits just outside the inner face of the rim instead of somewhere in the middle. this means that the truck will have a much wider stance than when using most standard 1/10 scale wheels.

I used a set on my TLT-1 when it first came out, before wheel wideners were widely available.

-Anthony

WOn the auction for them. Paid 10 + P&P. Will post a picture on my detonator when i get them

They fit. Havent taken it out yet, but I think they look awesome!

DSC00003.jpg

Hey, they look nice!!! I have a new dual blaze that I would like to upgrade a bit. Can you post a front shot please. I want to see how wide they are mounted in that chassis. Thanks.

Here you are 4wdmt. Hope this helps.

P9250203.jpg

They went straight on without any modifications. I do wonder if it the extra tyre width may put strain on the uprights, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

After a bit of online research I have found out that the wheels are Ho Bao T157 extra wide offset truck wheels and the the tyres are Ho Bao 84209 Chevron Tyres

Thank you for the pic and product details. It looks ok to me. It gives the dagger a wider stance. Please update when you are running it with your new tires.

Managed to get out for the 1st time since I put the new wheels and tyres on. Went up the local footbal pitch and drove up and down the pile of sand and one of soil. Tyres coped pretty wheel on both surfaces especially the soil. Also gripped very on grass.

Still needs more speed though. Doesnt seem that quick to me