Hi!

Please give me your opinions on this case:

- A well known UK based Vintage Tamiya parts seller advertise an item as Falcon tires, but they end up being Wild One tires, when I get them.

- I ask If he has the correct ones, which he has not, but he asks me to return them.

- I reply that I will return them if he pays the shipping costs (note: this seller is known for high shipping costs...)

- the Seller refuses to pay/refund the shipping costs, claiming "this is not how ebay works"

And that is where we are right now...

Am I being unreasonable, not being willing to pay (return shipping) for the sellers mixup?

I have had other sellers making mistakes earlier, and they all have promptly sent the correct part without more questions (nice sellers like Jr-Rc and Jim Sourbeck)

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

-Lars

If it was an Ebay purchase, put in a claim, as the parts are not what you paid for. I dont think you should be liable for postage to return items you never ordered.

Wow he's keen...I wouldnt send them back unless he pays all shipping costs! Seems funny that he asked you to return them and pay for shipping if its his mistake. I agree stick to your guns. :unsure:

I had a similar thing about a month ago with 2 kits,both not as described,i offered to keep the super rare one because it really is rare(and only the outer box was damaged,before it was posted though) but the seller insisted i returned both promising to pay my costs,then he went back on his word.I didn`t neg him because he ended the auction for the price i had bid up to,plus an agreed high postage cost,(i was away when the auction was due to end)he seemed to be fair with 100% feedback and coms were good,but he refunded by cheque and short changed me by 15.00,i should of left neg feedback but i am to soft for my own good sometimes.

I left neutral feedback and blacklisted him from any futher dealings.

With regards to you situation Lars ,he should give a total refund (including your costs)as he has sold an item that is not as advertised,simple as.That would be the honerable thing to do,or at very lest offer to compensate you some way to your satisfaction.I guess he will be blacklisted by you and who ever you tell.Please feel free to email me the sellers name if you do not get satisfaction and i will blacklist him also.

Best regards

Simon F

Thank you all for your support, it is good to know I am not way off in my definition of "customer service". :unsure:

If it was an Ebay purchase, put in a claim, as the parts are not what you paid for. I dont think you should be liable for postage to return items you never ordered.

The problem is that the seller has not left me feedback yet, so he kind of has me stuck. My 130-something 100% positive feedback will suffer far more that his 2153, 99,6 % feedback. And, I see from his feedback profile that he has a history of retaliate on feedback.

Will an Ebay Claim prohibit him from leaving me a negative feedback?

-Lars

Yes this is bad,i too suffered a retaliatary [sp] neg from a seller.Some people are just not right,but the truth will always come out in the end.

Best of luck.

I think you should ask the seller to credit your account for the tires, postage and return postage before you sent them back.

Is only fair that you pay 100% plus postage before the seller will sent the goods to you so the same rule should apply now that you become the seller.

As for your concerning the seller leaving a -ive feed back because you left a -ive for him, don't worry about it. You have 130 +ive feed back and one -ive is not going to make your AAA rating to a DDD rating. I am sure most of your ratings read... smooth transaction would do business again, prompt payment, reliable... I think regular e-bay buyer/seller knows some -ive feed back is because of retalition.

Of course is best to work out between parties and everyone goes home happy but...

Thank you all for your support, it is good to know I am not way off in my definition of "customer service". :lol:

The problem is that the seller has not left me feedback yet, so he kind of has me stuck. My 130-something 100% positive feedback will suffer far more that his 2153, 99,6 % feedback. And, I see from his feedback profile that he has a history of retaliate on feedback.

Will an Ebay Claim prohibit him from leaving me a negative feedback?

-Lars

Hi Lars , if it came to a neg feedback for you , you can respond to it by leaving your explanation below the sellers neg feedback , or you can both agree to withdraw your neg feedbacks.It is also true ,that many people already know and trust you in the Tamiya world and know who you are on Ebay , and even if you did get a neg it wouldn't stop people trading with you , me included. :D good luck with all.

Thank you for the support guys!

I have now officially "chickened out" and we have both given positive feedback to each other..

The seller refused to refund my costs for his own mistake, so I kept the tires and forget about the whole thing...

One thing is for sure, he will not see me as a customer again.

I was "sqeezed" because he has a history of feedback retalliation (TWINSET knows this...see other thread)

But for all you others to know, the ebay seller I am talking about is "www-vintageavante-co-uk" / "Vintage Tamiya Spares Vintageavante

PS: He is still selling the tyres described as "Falcon Tyres" (which they are not). I have specifically made him aware if it, but no change... So, it makes you wonder...

-Lars

But for all you others to know, the ebay seller I am talking about is "www-vintageavante-co-uk" / "Vintage Tamiya Spares Vintageavante

PS: He is still selling the tyres described as "Falcon Tyres" (which they are not). I have specifically made him aware if it, but no change... So, it makes you wonder...

-Lars

Thats pretty screwed up but he has seven pairs of Wildone tires listed as Falcon tires. What a scam. He even knows that he is wrong. I wonder if someone reported the tires as a misleading title? Do you still need FAlcon tires?

Do you still need Falcon tires?

Yes, I do, NIP ones please. (Same as Grasshopper II, Striker and Sonic Fighter).

Please email me on "lars at butveit dot net"

-Lars

Yes, I do, NIP ones please. (Same as Grasshopper II, Striker and Sonic Fighter).

Please email me on "lars at butveit dot net"

-Lars

Are you planning on driving the car or is it just for a shelf queen? I have a very strange set of Falcon tires that look brand new. but when you strech them to put them on the rims the dry rot cracks show up. You an have them for postage if these would be all right with you. I dont know how perfect you need them.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

REF:- www-vintageavante-co-uk

I would be Very Cautious about using this person, i have ordered two items from this seller via eBay :-

Tamiya 50287 Falcon Front Wheel & Tyre Set NIP. (120158228365) - 8.48 - 13/09/07

Tamiya 9465150 Falcon Screw Bag A 58056 NIP (120131115532) - 8.48 - 10/09/07

I paid for both items as soon as the auctions ended via PayPal but have as of yet received nothing :lol:

I have today emailed the seller to find out what is going on, and was somewhat dismayed to read his most recent feedback:-

2 1/2 months later and no goods dispite numerous mails. No refund given either! - TAMIYA Stadium Blitzer Front tyres NIP (#6004261353)

Seller did not ship even after my full payment! Insulting and a crook! - Tamiya 9405191 Wild One 58050 Press Parts Bag NIP (#120154066541)

This guy is also a member of TamiyaClub username "vintageavante" - id# "8674" and has some trades up for sale, all i can say is beware!

I'm hoping that i will still get my parts and this whole thing is nothing more than a slight hickup so WATCH THIS SPACE.....

MustangX3

Hi all,

For what it's worth, and in the interest of fairness I have to say that I have and continue to use this particular seller with no problems at all. I get parts with no problems. I have and would continue to recommend.

Seeing that we only have one side of the story here that's all I will say.

Thanks

File an SNAD with eBay - or PayPal if you used their service.

It's how eBay works :)

I've dealt with this seller before - He does have lots of rare and wonderful parts, but his service is somewhat lacking.

I ordered 3 sets of Tamiya aluminum spoke wheels and he shipped them to me in a padded mailer.

He never bothered responding to my complaints, so no more 'vintageavante' for me.