Sign in to follow this  
Cheeh

TA03F spur gear

Is there any other spur gear that I can used to replace the stock spur gear 0.4 to a smaller or larger number of teeth? but still would like to use the .4 size.

THANKS

Simple answer : no!

A larger spur gear simply wouldn't fit in that gearbox, a smaller gear would implicate the need of more torque from the motor or the use of a smaller pinion. As this is already one of the weak spots of the TA03 you wouldn't want to do this.

like sandman said u just cant only one size fits

but even tho u want 0.4

there is a tuned gear set and that is in 64 pitch or 0.6 im not sure i get confussed but its more finer and smoother

only thing u can do is change the pinion

Guest Carsnboats

It is possible to also change ratios on the Belt pulleys, there are two sizes available.

I run the fine pitch spur in one and std spur in my other TA03 (Have F and FS versions) You can get a finer range of ratios on the .06 but if you match ratios on each there doesn't appear to be a noticeable difference in speed.

I am sure one of the more experienced touring car racers would be good enough to enlighten us about the exact differences between the .04 and .06 modules in the TA03 or others. Please!

I am an ex buggy racer and have never driven any of my touring cars in a race so cannot comment on ratios fully as I haven't enough experience. To be honest when I was racing buggies the theory side left me cold (boring) and I always "knew" what worked best settings wise so never looked into the theory of different set ups. Have enough knowledge of toe in, rake etc but I tend to set up a car to be responsive and then leave it. I was not one of these who changes setup for every track, just adjusted my driving to suit conditions. My idea of setting up for a track was to use soft or medium shock oil or which tyres to use for mud or grass.

Clive[:D]

Smaller module is supposed to have also lower drag and smoother run, but the differences will be propably only noticable by top racers.

Cheers

I think I once have seen a aftermarket spur gear, on which the 'spur part' (the half directly connected to the pinion) could be exchanges for slightly bigger and smaller gears. I think it was mr. pushrod that showed it it to me once. [:)]