monster_beetle

Dualhunter Pics Are Up

The Dualhunter is now also completely online at tamiyausa.com

When you look at the body, you can say that the TRF501X was the first of the new tamiya boxart paintingstyle. The dualhunter is like it, and also the DT-02MS

header_58396.jpg

gallery_58396.jpg

gallery_58396b.jpg

Not that impressed with the bodyshell. Looks a bit toy town

It kind of ugly but i think it comes with the ESC that Tamiya sells, I think its the whole reason for the new kits as the other trucks are getting in trouble for the MSC. But i am not shure if it comes with the ESC or not.

I agree. But to be honest, none of the shells on the WD chassis are really that great - they all look better with a larger aftermarket shell. But another model on the WD chassis with the new ESC isn't a bad thing - the one thing that's always put me off a WD is the extra expense of buying an ESC or the hassle of running an MSC.

Is this new body going to be pre-painted?

Since they are in the process of upgrading the MSC to a dual motor ESC. I wish they added the oil shocks and bearings at the same time. I don't mind paying extra, rather than buying the items seperately.

it should be renamed ''estrogen therapy''

Ah but you gotta have some variation of the word 'two' as well.

so may be 'a DOUBLE dose of estrogen therapy'!

I agree with Mad Ax on the bodyshell thing. I have the TD shell at the moment, have altered it slightly by cutting the arches wider and changing the decals, but its still as ugly as sin.

About time an ESC was added and means you can upgrade to super stock motors, but it does need further add-ons like better shocks etc. The stock ones are just hopeless.

MY GOD!!!!! WHATA SORT OF FREAK!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S UGLY LIKE THE DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kind of like it. Its not as ugly as the Rustler and probably better quality

I own a Rustler & the young fella has the Twin Detonator. Same quality in my book. I beat the snot out of that Rustler & nothing has broken yet :lol: .

At least this means the chassis is well - and spares will be readily available. The body ? Just give it a better paint job and skip those decals :lol: .

It looks like Tamiya's styling team has tried to copy ideas from other truggies of the moment. I'd always thought of the WD range as monster trucks, but the double blaze and dualhunter both look more like truggies. Why are the new bodies so narrow?

That shell wouldn't look too bad if the arches were cut bigger, but the shell is just too narrow for the chassis - those wheels need to fill the arches, not run way past them. Perhaps it would actually look better with TL01 arms to bring the wheels inboard, and the body mounted higher on the posts like a monster - but then it wouldn't handle so well.

My Blackfoot Extreme looked awful with the Cross Tiger shell that was included with the trade, but I fitted a Parma El-Camino 200mm touring car shell with cut-out arches and now it actually looks like a monster truck rather than a Traxxas-inspired stadium truck.

About time an ESC was added and means you can upgrade to super stock motors, but it does need further add-ons like better shocks etc. The stock ones are just hopeless.

Tamiya don't seem to have a high-end electric racing truck in their product list, if you want to race an electric truck you have to upgrade a WD chassis with shock towers, 4" shocks, bearings, CVDs, motors etc... The WD chassis isn't bad, but I think there's room in Tamiya's catalog for a fast racing truck along the same pedigree as the DF03 (or possibly the new DB01).

Tamiya don't seem to have a high-end electric racing truck in their product list, if you want to race an electric truck you have to upgrade a WD chassis with shock towers, 4" shocks, bearings, CVDs, motors etc... The WD chassis isn't bad, but I think there's room in Tamiya's catalog for a fast racing truck along the same pedigree as the DF03 (or possibly the new DB01).

Got all those hop-ups on mine now, apart from the CVD's. It runs so much better. Suspension travel is excellent with the 4" Emaxx shocks

It would be great if Tamiya could com with a brand new electric truck, rather than re-inventing the same one over and over. I'm not saying the WD chassis is bad, but i think they have missed out, where Traxxas, HPI and the likes have scored

Well I wouldnt say it was pretty, tho suppose its no worse than the others and actually looks pretty racey :L

might get one for a little bashing, which afterall is wats i think its meant for more than a beauty queen.

Cheers Ryck

I might get the new ESC as a seperate, and try it out on my Wild Dagger for fun.

That new bodyshell is so ugggggglieeeeee B)

But lets face it if its driven properly you won't have to look at it when smothered with dirt & mud!