Sign in to follow this  
minisam66

Tt01 Custom Tips

hey all,

I've recently decided I was going to buy a TT01, but by the time it arrives here, I have to think of how to paint it, colors ect.. and some other features i could add to it for a nice scale look.

I'm going to get the coppermix silvia body and i plan to paint it mettalic dark grey, without the stickers.

I was thinking of tinted windows instead of just the sticker or plain clear windows.

http://www.hobby101.com/Cars%20093.jpg In ths picture you will see wht i mean, does anyone know how this might have been done, low opacity paint maybe?

Also if anyone has other simple addons that they have for there own tt01s or other models, please share them, id like to make disk breaks also that ive seen on other TT01s if its not too hard.

Thanks

hey all,

I've recently decided I was going to buy a TT01, but by the time it arrives here, I have to think of how to paint it, colors ect.. and some other features i could add to it for a nice scale look.

I'm going to get the coppermix silvia body and i plan to paint it mettalic dark grey, without the stickers.

I was thinking of tinted windows instead of just the sticker or plain clear windows.

http://www.hobby101.com/Cars%20093.jpg In ths picture you will see wht i mean, does anyone know how this might have been done, low opacity paint maybe?

Also if anyone has other simple addons that they have for there own tt01s or other models, please share them, id like to make disk breaks also that ive seen on other TT01s if its not too hard.

Thanks

I believe Tamiya make translucent paints ideal for windows. Have you considered the colouring changing paints for the body, yano the ones that change colour depending on the angle your viewing it from. Something like this http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=86046

I also seem to remember reading one of the members on TC was making brakediscs and thinking of selling them, not sure if it came off or not. Try a search on the forums and i'm sure you will find the member and thread. It was about 4 to 6 months ago i think.

Mark

I've heard of that paint too but it must be a hassle to evnely spray it on, the slightest ovespray will be easily remarked.

and what about exhaust pipes, does it come with a plastic part addon or are the ones i've seen custom?

Sam

go to www.morfars.dk for really cool exausts or www.genkidoridori.com

tamiya do manufacture a smoke paint for window tinting and you can use it as a first layer on a lexan body with a metallic underneath to make a custom flip from black to what ever you paint as the second layer.

for awesome rims on a coppermix silvia look at the speedway pal slidemaster 37r rims on genkidoridori

I have used the colour changing paint and it's just as easy as any other paint you just need to use black as a base over ( or is it under ) the colour change paint

100_2820.jpg

100_2821.jpg

100_2856.jpg

100_2845.jpg

I have used the colour changing paint and it's just as easy as any other paint you just need to use black as a base over ( or is it under ) the colour change paint

100_2820.jpg

100_2821.jpg

100_2856.jpg

100_2845.jpg

Now Sam that looks cool, im sure the pictures dont do it justice either, thats a good look for a car without decals (stickers).

Nice paintjob autokat

Mark

Now Sam that looks cool, im sure the pictures dont do it justice either, thats a good look for a car without decals (stickers).

Nice paintjob autokat

Mark

cool, when using that paint you should try a chome backing or tamiya gunmetal for a softer look.

my pink to blue to light purple flip

15052007017.jpg

my green to purple flip with flake and gunmetal base

21012007155.jpg

they are cool looking bodies , I was thinking of using different base colours to see what effects I could get

they are cool looking bodies , I was thinking of using different base colours to see what effects I could get

yeah it works like a charm, wait look at this, this is tamiya gold/pink flip with a smoke upperlayer (to make it dark), with a black base, it actually changes from black to gold.

15052007018.jpg

06052007227-1.jpg

dont make your life difficult, just get the tamiya smoke paint. its easy and you can set how dark you want the windows.

just make sure you heat up the can slightly and shake it untill your arms are numb for a perfect finish, very thin, very even coats and allow to dry!!!