kingmonkey81

Bear Hawk Wheels And Tyres

Hi guys,

Just got back in to r/c stuff and am currently restoring my Bear Hawk from '91.

So far i have replaced the front suspension with original ones from a lovely chap on ebay and im in the process of respraying the body and applying original decals etc.

The only thing im struggling with so far is looking for replacement tyres and wheels, ive seen loads of bear hawks on here with really cool looking wheels but i have no idea what to look for, so if anyone in the uk could point me in the right direction that would be mucho helpful....

The Bear Hawk shares its rear wheels with the Manta Ray, so these aren't too hard to find on Ebay. The front wheels are less common but still come up from time to time. If you want a true original restoration then you will have to keep searching on Ebay and in trades to see what comes up.

The part numbers are as follows:

0335102 - Rear Wheels

0335117 - Front Wheels

6215020 - Rear Tyres

6205035 - Front Tyres

I don't know the part numbers for the tyres and they don't seem to be listed in the manual on TC, however if you're not concerned about stock appearance then tyres from most of Tamiya's 2wd buggy range from the same era will fit. Astute rear tyres are very similar (if not the same) and should go straight on; Astute front tyres are the same part number so shouldn't be too hard to find on ebay.

If you don't want to stick with original parts then the world is your oyster - Dyna Storm, Astute, Sand Viper - any buggy wheels with rear hexes and front bearings will fit. My Bear Hawk has Super Astute wheels and tyres, although I'm tempted to fit original Astute wheels as I think they look more realistic and better in black.

The best way to find any part in the UK is to type the Tamiya part number into Ebay and see what comes up - most ebay shops are good at listing things under the correct part number.

All the best with the restoration :D

I also have a similar age Bear Hawk. Lets face it, they're not that capable compared to others, but I don't care because it was my first RC car and I loved it to bits! I've been considering restoring it (time/money) and notice that every so often there is an influx of NIP parts on Ebay. Search worldwide as well as UK and it opens up a lot more options.

Best of luck with the rebuild. I'm sure Andy will enjoy Ants in his Newly Cleaned Pants. B)

Re wheels,yep same fit as Manta but Manta are a grey colour and bear hawk ones are white,when I done a scratch build bear hawk the wheels were the the items I never found,I had to get manta wheels and spray them white.But if its going to be a runner it dont matter B)

Re wheels,yep same fit as Manta but Manta are a grey colour and bear hawk ones are white,when I done a scratch build bear hawk the wheels were the the items I never found,I had to get manta wheels and spray them white.But if its going to be a runner it dont matter :)

I have some 99.9% New wheels and rubber on Ebay for the Bear Hawk that came from a NIB kit i built but didnt have the heart to run them.

Mark

I would keep them mate cos as I said I could'nt find them when I was on the hunt for them :)

I already have 4 of sets of them and a NIB Bear Hawk Kit too. I changed my runners to 2.2 rear tires for better tire choices for running on-road so i have no use for this set. I dont like hoarding parts i have no use for so im giving someone else a chance to use something that would just gather dust here.

Mark