Sign in to follow this  
AirBoston

Wheelbase For Lunchbox

Does anyone know what the wheelbase and width of the lunchbox body (or lexan replacement shell) would be? What's the chances of it fitting on a M04M or L chassis?

Any other van bodies that may fit this chassis. I'm having a '70s moment right now.

Thanks,

I've seen a photo of one on an M chassis on here somewhere, and if I recall it was on the shortest (210mm?) wheelbase version. The width is really close to an M-chassis.

If I were at home, I'd grab a ruler and have measurements for you. If no one replies before I get off work, I'll do that.

EDIT: Okay, taken from a brand-new 'Box shell:

Wheelbase: 8" (203 mm)

Width (at fender flares): 5 3/4" (146 mm)

So overall, a little small for the smallest M-chassis, but you should be able to fudge it.

That's great, thank you.

Looks like I'll still have to do some more searching as I really don't want to buy another chassis. The Tamiya M04L and HPI RS3 are the only vehicles I'm running right now.

It's the Kamtec copy of the HPI Microbus, so it has a 210mm wheelbase. The HPI shell is much more detailed with the option of converting it to a truck as well, but unfortunately no longer produced. Apart from Tamiya and the HPI Civic and Miata (both 225mm wheelbase) every other Mini size body is made for a 210mm wheelbase.