I have been doing my utmost to contact Vintageavante over the past week hoping to find out what had happened to the parts i had ordered, and i have had no response at all :) it's a real shame because he does indeed have some great parts up for sale, I just can not understand why he delivers some parts with no problem yet quite a few other people have never received the items which they ordered. It kind of makes me think that some of the items he advertises are not in his possession. Being as i have ordered two different items and have not received either item i can not recommend this person :( it seems that his customer service is a complete joke. Although you could be lucky!

There seems to be a lot going on with this Ebayer. He is apparantly also a member here on TC. Have never dealt with him personally but from the different statements here I will probably not do any business with him. Hope things work out for you in the end.

Myles is currently moving house it seems and this could be the cause of your woes. I think his service, prices, and general assistance to TC members and buyers in general is very good. I have bought many items from him.

The one time something went missing, we came to a very good agreement and I could not be happier with the outcome. He respects customers and is honest.

He does have his stock in a couple of locations, which may account from different postage times/outcomes.

Infact I have currently received a recent buy, while 2 orders of a couple weeks old have not yet arrived. I am confident that they will arrive.

It just sometimes seems to happen like that.

He is a good seller.

I have dealt with Myles on many occasions and he has always sorted out the odd hic-cough in a friendly and helpful manner. I'm sure that he will look after you!

I have dealt with Myles on many occasions and he has always sorted out the odd hic-cough in a friendly and helpful manner. I'm sure that he will look after you!

Could someone supply a contact number? I have sent numerous e-mails and have had no reply. It's been over 4 weeks now. I don't mind waiting if I know that they are definately still being processed. But I feel that my order is now lost. Any help on how to contact 'Myles' would be gratefull.

It is a pity that things have been messed up with my order, the real problem is that i can't get in touch with Myles at all. I can understand things may take time if you are moving house but surely

it would make sense to let any perspective buyer know this upfront? It's seems from what i have read that he can be slow at dispatching items which wouldn't be a problem if he would just let

you know!

To take peoples money and just leave you in the lurch not knowing what is happening is really not good for customer relations :) In the past I have sold items on eBay knowing that i will be on

holiday at the close of the auction and have always made this known in the item description.

It all seems odd 'Myles' must have internet access as he is still taking and dispatching some orders, so why doesn't he respond to his emails? I just can't believe that he hasn't read any

of them. It all seems very strange to me :P

I think you have to ask yourself "Would i accept this kind of service from a shop?"

Myles is currently moving house it seems and this could be the cause of your woes.

What next, Global warming melted the tyres on his bike? :)

For one transaction on ebay, holidays, too much work and postal strikes prevented him posting my goods.

This guy sucks - if he can't ship what he sells, then he is a bad seller - anyone can take money, but they're not usually referred to as 'sellers'.

He is a (non-active) member of TC, vintage-tamiyaparts

Here's the other post; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37825

I found the only way to get action from him was to start non-receipt proceedings with ebay/paypal - funnily enough, my goods arrived very soon after, the postmark on the package showed they were posted the day after the report was filed.

Don't be afraid to start paypal proceedings, if your goods arrive (I'm guessing they will, shortly after) you can cancel the report.

Do not, under any circumstances, cancel a report before you receive goods, regardless of how the seller reacts, as you cannot reinstate the report, or file another one for the same item;

File the report

Await delivery

If you get goods, cancel report.

If enough people did this, maybe he woudn't keep messing people about

But hurry, snow's on the way, don't want that affecting his chances of getting to the post office.

So "vintageavante" is the supplier for the vintage spares on TC? So "vintageavante" = "Masons Vintage Tamiya" = "Myles" = "myleshall@slope.wanadoo.co.uk"?

See: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38356

Who has Chris' contact details? He seems AWOL as well at the moment and he needs to address this (at least the TC elements of it) promptly. I and others have sent Chris a PM without response.

Hi All,

I'll take a look into this and see what I can find out. For the record the club does not financially benefit from Myles being the man behind the clubs vintage shop - all transactions are with him directly and we never see a penny. The reason I approached him was because I heard he had a lot of vintage' spares and he was willing do give members a discount in return for some exposure on the site. I have no other details for him other than the same emails you will already be using. Also for the record I've never had any direct complaints about his service through the club - this thread is the first I heard of any possible trouble. First time I've logged on for a while so I do have some PMs to sort through.

I encourage all those that have ebay trouble with this seller or any other to pursure them through ebay. From the clubs point of view I'll review his standing as a club supplier.

Cheers

Chris

Sorry to here you are having trouble with Myles. I have purchased off him many times and never had a problem, even with shipping all of the way to New Zealand.

Sorry to here you are having trouble with Myles. I have purchased off him many times and never had a problem, even with shipping all of the way to New Zealand.

Hey Kiwi, good to see more around!

Good to hear some positive news, how recently tho?

Either way, Chris is following it up for us.

Well, his FB is going from bad to worse; CLICK

His last two (**media**)were from sales on 10th and 13th of September, for non-receipt of goods.

Looking at the auctions, his alleged house move is not mentioned - did he have to relocate a bit quick by any chance?

His last two (**media**)were from sales on 10th and 13th of September, for non-receipt of goods.

Looking at the auctions, his alleged house move is not mentioned - did he have to relocate a bit quick by any chance?

Could very well be the case. I find it strange that he does not reply to any emails from members.

Interesting to see what is going to happen here. There seems to be a lot going wrong at the moment.

Well, this is not sounding good is it.

I sent Myles a link to this thread, but so far no reply.

Worse case I have to say you wold be lucky if you bought via ebay. At lease you would have got your money back. Others (like me) who bought directly, likey due to establoishing a first buy via the TC shop, would not get any thing back.

Although, I did pay by paypal.... hmm, does this mean in the worst case I can still claim via paypal despite it not being an ebay item?

Here's hoping this is not the case and this is a just a temporary thing.

To everyone looking to recover funds from transactions OUTSIDE OF EBAY:

- Buyer Complaint Process

- https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...n/ua/policy_pbp

Once you file a claim, PayPal will investigate the case and attempt to come to a fair resolution. If our investigation determines that the seller owes you money, we will make every effort to recover funds for you.

If you buy an item using PayPal and either do not receive the item or receive an item that you believe is Significantly Not as Described by the seller, we encourage you to open a Dispute with the seller in our Resolution Center. By doing so, you will initiate our Online Dispute Resolution Processa step-by-step system designed to facilitate communication between you and the seller in order to get resolution of the issue. If your dialogue with the seller fails to produce a satisfactory result, you can then escalate the Dispute into a Claim that we will evaluate for reimbursement under one of the following programs:

1. PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy - Our best efforts program to reimburse Users for losses only to the extent we are able to recover the funds from sellers.
  2. PayPal Buyer Protection Policy - Our program to reimburse Users for losses for up to (i) $2,000.00 USD (Top Tier Coverage Amount) for eligible items purchased on eBay and (ii) up to $200.00 USD (Basic Tier Coverage Amount) for all other eligible items purchased on eBay and for eligible items purchased outside of eBay that PayPal processed through the ATM debit network. Please see section 13.9 to determine whether Top Tier Coverage Amount or Basic Tier Coverage Amount applies to your eBay purchase.
  3. Buyer Protection for eBay Express - Our program to reimburse Users for the full amount of losses for items purchased on eBay Express.
  4. Extended Buyer Protection with PayPal Credit - Our program to reimburse Users for the full amount of losses for items purchased using the PayPal Credit Card or PayPal Buyer Credit.

These programs only cover payments for tangible, physical goods. All other payments, such as payments for intangibles, services, airline flight tickets, or licenses and other access to digital content are not covered by any Buyer Protection Program that we offer (but may be covered by Chargeback* rights).

*If you funded your PayPal payment with your credit card, you can also contact the issuer to initiate a 'charge-back'

If you are seeking a refund for a purchase via eBay, file a 'INR' (item not received) from your 'My eBay' page. This can be found in the drop-down menu next to the item in your list.

-Steve

I hate to say it but the (**media**) feedbacks were mine B) I kind of feel guilty for leaving neg feedback(s) but in the interests of other eBay users

i felt i had to report what had happened.

I have tried contacting Myles via his PayPal email address "myles@myleshall.orangehome.co.uk", via eBay's contact page, and via tamiyaclub.com

but to no avail. I have been forced to start proceedings with PayPal and hope i will get a refund, Money and missing parts aside i hope that nothing bad

has happened to him!

I hate to say it but the (**media**) feedbacks were mine B) I kind of feel guilty for leaving neg feedback(s) but in the interests of other eBay users

i felt i had to report what had happened.

i hope that nothing bad has happened to him!

Good on ya chap, if more people left negative feedback when deserved, there'd be less of this happening in the first place.

The only downside is you'l probably get retalliatory negs from him (he seems to withold feedback for some mysterious reason)

As for anything bad having happened to him, I think you can rest easy, he was still leaving feedback on September 28th, obviously he got his internet connection sorted before he found out where the post office was.

CLICKY for feedback he has left

He even left feedback this evening. So there must be something else going on.......

So we know he is able to get online. That raises the question why he does not respond to emails or to this thread.

I mean this is hurting his business as well I think.

Just checked his ebay shop and he is allready or still wishing everyone a merry xmas and a happy new year?

I guess you are right Twinset he must be ok. or he would not have left any feedback, as far as me receiving retaliatory neg

i guess there is not much i could do about it other than to 'mutually withdraw' it, but i wouldn't do that anyway otherwise it

just makes eBay into a complete farce! I have 100% positive anyway so I'm sure one neg wouldn't cause me too many probs.

For anyone interested i have just noticed something interesting with a previous item which i ordered from 'vintage-tamiyaparts'

on eBay. It appears that Myles may use two names (or has a brother with the same first name) and has two eBay shops?

Take a look at the screen shot bellow, reading the description it says:-

"You can also visit our sister e-bay site which you will probably know as "Vintageavante". Between the two sites we offer a huge

range of vintage Tamiya parts, all of which are new and unused, as our thousands of happy customers know! (See our feedback!)"

post-21440-1191274990.jpg

So it appears that 'WWW-VINTAGEAVANTE-CO-UK' and 'VINTAGE-TAMIYAPARTS' are affiliated or run by the same man?

The package i recieved from 'VINTAGE-TAMIYAPARTS' has a printed post office label saying :-

SENDER

MYLES MASON

8 <CENSORED> ST,

SHAW,

OL7 XXX.

WWW-VINTAGEAVANTE-CO-UK

The same person?????

Looking at my PayPal records :-

'VINTAGE-TAMIYAPARTS' payment was sent to "PETER MASON" yet the envelope states "MYLES MASON"

'WWW-VINTAGEAVANTE-CO-UK' payment was sent to "MYLES-HALL" yet the envelope states... well er nothing because i never received it :(

So what is his real name? MYLES-MASON or MYLES-HALL or PETER-MASON?

........or are they all just brothers ????

I think this calls for Columbo B)

That is strange. We need Columbo, Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot on this one.....

http://www.vintageavante.co.uk is the same for both but different locations though.

One is Manchester and the other is Saddleworth & Norfolk?

Really strange this is.....

Also two ebay id's? Don't think that the guys over at the bay know this. Because I beleive it is against their policy....

Also two ebay id's? Don't think that the guys over at the bay know this. Because I beleive it is against their policy....

Two IDs for two people is fine, in fact, one ID is doing a far better job of actually supplying goods that have been paid for than the other!

He even left feedback this evening. So there must be something else going on.......

So we know he is able to get online. That raises the question why he does not respond to emails or to this thread.

I mean this is hurting his business as well I think.

Just checked his ebay shop and he is allready or still wishing everyone a merry xmas and a happy new year?

I believe he use an automated feedback system that pumps out positive feedback to all the buyers leaving positive feedback. (I guess this is why he never leaves feedback before the buyer does... B)

Look at the text he is using, they are a number of standard texts.

So, we still can't say that he has been online...

-Lars

just checked cant seem to find the vintageavante shop have they been kicked off or is it just me not looking properly?