I believe he use an automated feedback system that pumps out positive feedback to all the buyers leaving positive feedback

Yet another great invention B)

I don't like to stick the knife in but...I've had more just than a few problems with this seller over the past year.

I've been buying stuff off him for the past 3 or 4 years but over the last 12 months or so things have really been going downhill.

E-mails don't always get a reply...and when they do he doesn't seem to answer the question asked.

Slow deliveries - have to keep chasing him...some items have been taking several weeks to arrive and considering his relatively high shipping charges when compared to other sellers like victor101car, europro and modelbuild - who all give excellent service for very reasonable shipping charges, the quality of his service really doesn't warrant them.

Also had great difficulty in getting any kind of shipping discount out of him for multiple item purchases of late.

Recently billed almost 10 for shipping a couple of items which actually cost under 4 to post.

Ebay listings commonly have the wrong picture for the listing title and the description is minimal or non-existant. Lucky dip auctions I call them !

Other problems...mistakes in ebay listings never seem to be his fault...amazing how a set of 4 wheels can suddenly become a pair ( 'you should have realised at the price' ) ...items listed at the 'wrong price' become 'out of stock' ( refunds payment but then asks you to tell ebay the transaction has been mutally cancelled so he can get his listing & FV fees refunded ) but then get re-listed at a higher price. I could go on...

Think I'll be giving his stores a miss for a while until he sorts himself out...or gets kicked off ebay...which won't be long if he carries like this.

hi im lost was that feeback left for him or by him and has anyone recieved thier goods as i just was a new blitzer shell but after reading these post not sure if i want to buy it.

Ouch, his retailation feedback has begun...

Pour buyers...

Look here!

-Lars

I sure am glad not to have done any business with this guy. Did you look at the feedback given. It is almost allways the same. Due to house move which was not stated in the auctions.....

This will probably cost him a lot of sales in the near future.

hi im lost was that feeback left for him or by him and has anyone recieved thier goods as i just was a new blitzer shell but after reading these post not sure if i want to buy it.

THIS is the NEG feedback from the seller (to buyers who apparently did not receiving any goods) -> retalliation feedback in my mind.

THIS is the feedback from the buyers with cash gone, but no goods.

-Lars

I blacklisted him ages ago for spamming my feedback,and another one who gets blacklisted this week(ottaviano1) for doing the same thing even though he agreed not to and he is also a TC member.

I will now not buy from people who use my feedback as an advert for themselves,it is bad form in my opinion.

nother one who gets blacklisted this week(ottaviano1) for doing the same thing

This is what ottaviano1 left for me recently.

"Good Buyer!! Quick Payment!! Thanks from Finishlinehobbies.com"

Is this what you refer to as "spam", or did yours say something different? I ask because I don't think this is bad at all. It's not like anybody actually reads "positive" feedback anyways... :P

Ouch, his retailation feedback has begun...

Poor buyers...

Jeez, that's disgusting

Even the excuses suck;

Emailed seller stating items lost, offered refund and no reply!!.

Another one shipped and not recieved

Itesm shipped twice to address given, not sure whats happening with this one!!

and the one for me

SHIPPED 1ST TIME, SELLER CLAIMED LOST, SHIPPED ANOTHER TODAY, STILL NEG FB!!!!!!

Either he is totally full of bs or he's the unluckiest seller on the panet - I've been sending/receiving all round the world for five years now, and only one parcel has ever gotten lost

Having dealt with him first hand, he really is an unpleasant person to deal with, I was told he was sending the bits, yet in the feedback he said he had sent the bits - not quite the same thing, and it took a paypal dispute for him to send the goods.

If anyone has waited more than seven days before the postal strike started, start paypal proceedings, and start them now - if he goes belly up you want to make sure you got your money back first!

Truly nasty piece of work.

Well Twinset was correct, unfortunately the 'vintageavante' cretin has left me two 'Retaliatory Negs' he now claims that he is 'moving house' and that he has emailed all of his customers,

You'd never believe it but i did not receive a single email! Even after sending him:-

6 emails via PayPal,

4 emails via normal email,

3 via Ebay,

1 PM via Tamiyaclub.com

I received nothing at all no goods no communication! He is a complete LIAR!

From this horrible buying experience i would advise any perspective buyers of :-

www-vintageavante-co-uk on eBay

Any of Myles Masons other guises

Firstly READ ALL OF THIS THREAD, Secondly ask yourself is it worth the risk? There are some great eBayer's out there selling similar parts:-

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Victor101s-RC-Car-Shop - (victor101car) = 100% Excellent Service!

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Tonys-Tamiya-Parts - (europro975) = 100% Excellent Service!

It seems that www-vintageavante-co-uk (vintagevante) is happy to take your money but couldn't care less about his customers.

All i can say is if this guy was running a real business he would shortly be having a visit from trading standards officers.

A very very bad experience, and quite frighting that eBay let him keep trading.

Isnt this guy in England? It one thing to complain about a guy in HK but if the guy is in England couldnt you get the Police knocking at his door. If you have been really ripped off then you can pull him into a court house and see what he has to say. Just because its Ebay dosent mean that laws dont mean anything.

Isnt this guy in England? It one thing to complain about a guy in HK but if the guy is in England couldnt you get the Police knocking at his door. If you have been really ripped off then you can pull him into a court house and see what he has to say. Just because its Ebay dosent mean that laws dont mean anything.

I Guess you could get the police involved, it's not really the money thats the issue it's the fact that www-vintageavante-co-uk seems to keep ripping people off and seems to get away with it!

It's no vast quantities of money but when you think if he rips 5 people off for 20 each then he's made 100 for nothing, not bad really!!!

Myself i paid him 20 i've had no parts, no reply from my many emails, all i get is negative feedback!

When you think about it i should have received positive feedback, as i paid for the item within minutes of the bid ending and as a buyer thats my part of the deal complete.

The guy is a total LIAR and CON-MAN! he needs to be shut down. I can't argue that he does have some happy customers but dealing with him seems to be a lottery!

You might get your parts or you might not! But if you dare to complain you will definitely get negative feedback!

It's a shame to be honest, if Myles wanted to he could probably run a good legitimate eBay shop instead he's chosen to rip people off and give poor service.

I Guess you could get the police involved, it's not really the money thats the issue it's the fact that www-vintageavante-co-uk seems to keep ripping people off and seems to get away with it!

It's no vast quantities of money but when you think if he rips 5 people off for 20 each then he's made 100 for nothing, not bad really!!!

Myself i paid him 20 i've had no parts, no reply from my many emails, all i get is negative feedback!

When you think about it i should have received positive feedback, as i paid for the item within minutes of the bid ending and as a buyer thats my part of the deal complete.

The guy is a total LIAR and CON-MAN! he needs to be shut down. I can't argue that he does have some happy customers but dealing with him seems to be a lottery!

You might get your parts or you might not! But if you dare to complain you will definitely get negative feedback!

It's a shame to be honest, if Myles wanted to he could probably run a good legitimate eBay shop instead he's chosen to rip people off and give poor service.

You cant stop the guy with Ebay feedback,and you cant figure he will stop if that all thats happening.There are alot of snealy guys on Ebay,just check out the Dinball thread.

Call the cops and see if they can stop by.Its pretty easy to hide behind a computer. I could do all sorts of wierd things on Ebay.and then just geta different e-mail address and a new bank account,and then its back to ripping people off.

Dosent this guy have two ebay accounts anyway.That seems a little strange.

Please see my earlier post in this thread regarding the 'item not received' process via PayPal.

I would certainly try that before contacting the police. :)

-S

Don't panic ;) I'm sure both eBay and PayPal have everything under control....

I wouldn't contact the police over such a small matter, i'm sure they have more important things to deal with. If i was planning to contact

the authorities about this matter it would be the governments Trading Standards office as it is more their line of work. One thing worth remembering

if the seller is based in the UK then eBay or not you still have your statutory rights.

As the items only cost about 20, I'm just very annoyed as I don't like being ripped off and I especially don't like being lied to... Moving on......

i would like to recommend one of our fellow members 'Wonder' i recently purchased a set of new 'Schumacher Cat' tires from him and

can highly recommend his service, they arrived in less than a week from Switzerland to the UK! thats what i call service :) Thanks 'Wonder' they

are now fitted to my Mardave Meteor (at least until i can find a set of Mardave ISR rear tires).

I see "Vintageavante" still has trouble with his ebay feedback...

His retaliation feedback is quite something... Leaves neg to buyers who bought and payed because himself could/would not send... Go figure...

And, his retalliation feedback pays off as well, some has withdrawn feedback to clear their own reputation...

I have to question if this is the kind of seller that should run the TC Vintage Parts Shop ? (althoug not affiliated to TC in any way)

Netsmith, any news on your investigations regarding the TC Vintage shop?

-Lars

Like many others I have had some real problems with this guy.

Similar story, emails sent, no replies, yada yada yada..........

My first comment would be 'what a shame' as he seems to have a really good business going. But, seeing the response that some people are getting through feedback, I'd now say 'He's taking the Mickey!!!' (obvious what I realy wanted to say). If you pay for something straight away then positive feedback should be left for you straight away, not held back so that you can return fire when you get Neg feedback after giving a poor service.

Considering that he's running a very bespoke business to a relatively small, well informed, community of world wide enthusiasts, I'd say that he's just kissed his business and his lively hood goodbye. What a muppet!!!!!!

A big cheer from me when they finally remove him from ebay!!!!!!

Like many others I have had some real problems with this guy.

Similar story, emails sent, no replies, yada yada yada..........

My first comment would be 'what a shame' as he seems to have a really good business going. But, seeing the response that some people are getting through feedback, I'd now say 'He's taking the Mickey!!!' (obvious what I realy wanted to say). If you pay for something straight away then positive feedback should be left for you straight away, not held back so that you can return fire when you get Neg feedback after giving a poor service.

Considering that he's running a very bespoke business to a relatively small, well informed, community of world wide enthusiasts, I'd say that he's just kissed his business and his lively hood goodbye. What a muppet!!!!!!

A big cheer from me when they finally remove him from ebay!!!!!!

Jedi Master I think you've hit the nail on the head! The items which he sells only have a relatively small market and therefore a small customer base, If Myles persists on giving a bad service then those customers will soon dry up.

The hardest and most important part of running any business is keeping your customers happy, fail to do this things can easily get out of hand and before you know what hit you... your valued customers have left you.

Worse still in a niche market such as this the word soon spreads and nobody will trust you or your business. Looking at Myles and the way he operates i would say it is now only time before he bombs out. I've seen this happen

many times, people tend to get complacent with what they've got, take their finger off the pulse and before they know it they have no business no customers and no trust.

Just to reiterate "What a muppet!!!!!!"

14 - Negatives

11 - Negatives this month

4 - Mutually withdrawn negatives

But don't forget Myles is also affiliated with or runs "vintage-tamiyaparts" ebay shop his "sister company"!!!! So watch out!

Whatever the issue is with him its a real shame, i've bought parts from him i couldnt find on ebay and parts that were available elsewhere but were cheapest with him. I've not had any issues with him but havent gotten anything in the last few months either.

I hope he pulls his socks up and pleases his customers for all our sakes, whatever you want to say about him he does have some reasonable parts at reasonable prices, just needs the customer service part to work, lol. Would be a shame to loose this resource.

Whatever the issue is with him its a real shame, i've bought parts from him i couldnt find on ebay and parts that were available elsewhere but were cheapest with him. I've not had any issues with him but havent gotten anything in the last few months either.

I hope he pulls his socks up and pleases his customers for all our sakes, whatever you want to say about him he does have some reasonable parts at reasonable prices, just needs the customer service part to work, lol. Would be a shame to loose this resource.

I hope so too.

I've been wanting to buy some more bits from him, but I think I'll hold off until he sorts himself out.....if he ever does.

C'mon mate, swallow your pride and clean up your act!!! You're only making it worse for yourself!! :(

I 'won' some parts off this bloke on the 12th Sep. 2007.

Payed via Paypal 13th Sep. 2007.

Got an Email immediately after payment stating that items would be shipped within 36 hours,

and that he couldn't 'Manually' respond stating that payment was received or that items were shipped.

Direct Quote: "..to maintain our excellent shipping record."

Still as yet havn't received item

An Email asking on shipping status was sent on the 6th Oct 2007, No reply.

I'm a fair an reasonable guy..

So at 6 weeks after payment I'll try to get an answer from him again.

If still no reply or items by week 8..

I won't give him the satisfaction of getting to make a 'Retaliatory' Negative Feedback..

I'll just go directly to eBay and Paypal, with all information regarding my transaction,

make a Formal Complaint, and begin Recovery of the Monies Payed.

If he happens to be reading this, I have a brief message for you Mr VintageAvante.

You've got 4 weeks remaining to get your act together, or you've lost more customers than just me.

I bought some stuff from him a while ago, through TC not ebay, which didn't show up until I badgered him with emails. Then he responded that my stuff was being sent Special Delivery, and he blamed work (???) and a crashed PC for the delay. He certainly seems to lead a complex and unfortunate lifestyle. Oh, the SD package arrived the following day - but at least one month after I had paid him.

another unsatisfied customer to add to the list.

he gets till monday and then i'm getting my money back.

matisse