I used the orenge home add and the sales at vintageavante add (same email on same day).

if its not arrived yet i'd go via paypal to get his attention, took me time to get a reply but once i did, he sorted it out quick.

mat

Thanks will try the vintageavante one now. Cheers!

To my surprise I received a reply from him about my parts.

I questioned why parts not received, and that I hadn't as yet received a reply E-mail.

The reply I got was:

"ALL emails replied to and ALL items sent!. Tahnks"

Doesn't really inspire faith.

But at least he knows of my growing displeasure in his business principles.

I'll give him till the end of November, then I'm starting Paypal/Ebay action.

Well the shop is empty as of today.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Tamiya-Sp...genameZL2QQtZkm

Only two feedbacks showing, one echoing all negative posts in this thread.

Anybody know what is going on? My outstanding parts ofcourse have still not arrived.

It would be a real shame to loose the opportunity to buy all the parts Myles has. I hope the parts reappear somewhere somehow soon.

:)

Well the shop is empty as of today.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Tamiya-Sp...genameZL2QQtZkm

Only two feedbacks showing, one echoing all negative posts in this thread.

Anybody know what is going on? My outstanding parts ofcourse have still not arrived.

It would be a real shame to loose the opportunity to buy all the parts Myles has. I hope the parts reappear somewhere somehow soon.

:)

Perhaps he's emptied it because he's about to go on holiday, move house and there's a postal strike looming.

Oh wait, that was months ago he should have done that.

Good riddance!

Did you ever start paypal proceedings for your parts?

Perhaps he's emptied it because he's about to go on holiday, move house and there's a postal strike looming.

Oh wait, that was months ago he should have done that.

Good riddance!

Did you ever start paypal proceedings for your parts?

Well guess what?

Myles responded to me by email today - from the old email address which now appears to be working again - and said he has not heard of this forum thread and how to see it?

:P So I sent him a link to it.

I have not started paypal proceedings yet. I would really rather just get the parts.

Myles put a phone number at the bottom of his email to me. I haven't tried it.

Guest vintage-tamiyaparts

Firstly thanks to SINGAPORE 959 for leading me to this post so i can read what your all saying about me etc, rest assured you will ALL get your parts and as you probably noticed i have SHUT/CLOSED the shop to get things sorted as explained below!

Well here i am after spending the last 20 minutes reading through all this mess!!.

Its quite interesting (and appreciated) to see Loyal customers actually defending my recent problems and then on the other hand those that dont even buy from me stick the knife possibly to join the bandwagon/nothing better to do?, anyway im not bitter.

Right then to answer these (Seemingly CONSPIRACY) queries. Vintageavante on TC and www-vintageavante-co-uk are the same person "Myles" and YES thats me not a pseudonym or fals name its my own, my full name is Myles Mason (not Hall).

Yes between Sept 4th 07 and October 22nd i did indeed have NO internet access due to moving house, this was primarily because my supplier (orange) cocked up my moving home request and instead of it taking 15 days it took 48 days!. My parents did reply to some emails whilst i had no access but could not manaage them all (who by the way OWN and RUN their own site which as you may/may not know is VINTAGE_TAMIYAPARTS on ebay), i have NOTHING i repeat NOTHING to do with this site whether it be listing or posting items out, they do it ALL!!!!. My own site is vintageavante as you all know!.

Also it is not against ebay rules for members to have multiple accounts, modelbuild also does this as do many others.

Secondly i did NOT have to move house quickly (why would people think this i have no idea?), i moved house because i moved in with my grandmother (who has not been particularly well, although who is improving), some of you will understand this and some of you will no doubt stick the knife in further and state this is another excuse (Twinset and mustang! amongst others!!) but this is the truth, this is a short term measure (approx 6 months and then i will be moving AGAIN to my own house which will be ready for me by then (which is close to my grandmothers house) and im telling you all this now, so come march when i move again its not UH OH he moved again, he's up to something!.

As for losing it as i "was" (past tense) a good seller yes your right there i could not control the lack of internet access, however i could not actually get to the internet cafe either as i also WORK FULL TIME (contrary to what some believe) and YES postage is difficult as my work hours are 9am to 5.30pm and yes the post office hours are EXACTLY the same, so maybe you will understand maybe you wont.

As for being accused of being a thief or stealing your money this is libellous and completely untrue (again you know who you are!) and all transactions where the person did not get their goods got a refund (if thats any different let me know and i'll sort it). For the record from now on i post once per week (MONDAY OR TUESDAY depending on work).

As for selling/listing items we DONT have again this (on the whole) is untrue, we have thousands of parts (probably tens of thousands) and sometimes when we have 10 we list 10 and they sell and when we are down to 1 or 2 parts we sometimes find one is LOST OR BROKEN and have to refund you, its quite simeple really, also sometimes we simply cannot locate items, i have 2 rooms FULL and to find a screwbag is quite difficult!!, some get it some dont!

Someone else stated in this post that they get some items and not others (thats because some are from me and some from my parents, posted seperately).

Also postage costs seems to be an ISSUE?. I will explain them to you here, Quite simply we send everything in UK RECORDED delivery for values upto 34, above that and its SPECIAL DELIVERY ONLY. OVERSEAS Postage again is by INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR (Signature on delivery and tracking number) and is charged as near to cost as is possible (often above and equally often below what it actually costs). We send ALL items tracked due to the PAYPAL POLICY which if anyone read it states that ALL items MUST be sent REGISTERED/TRACKED to comply with paypal policy, those who dont do this run this risk at their own cost, also it stops people out there doing paypal clawbacks after the safe reciept of their goods through non tracked mail (spoken to other sellers about this and it happens a LOT), we dont entertain it and have succesfully reported several idiots trying to do this (even though we sent it tracked mail) to both ebay and paypal and they have been dealt with accordingley.

I am not a muppett or an idiot as some will say (clearly they dont know me) and i do the best i can with the hours in the day.

Feedback on ebay is done automatically for me by EBAY, so its left for you as soon as its left for us!, this is done to STOP IDIOTS leaving neg FB After you have left them a positive as some ebayers use a retaliatory account for this purpose (you may have noticed the recent feedback comments which were placed and then removed by ebay as this is ILLEGAL and accounts will be cancelled by ebay for doing this, as this person found out). Also as some of you have stated, we do like our feedback to be good and if someone is going to stupid enough to complain the have paid 50p too much postage and leave a negative FB comment as i would not comply with someones DEMAND for refund do i not also deserve to leave a negative feedback warning others about this?, or should i let it go and just happily give him a positive feedback liek some suggest?, come one guys think about it for a minute!. I deal with lots of people on ebay and most are knowledgable Tamiya club members and know what they want and the questions to ask, but there are also a LOT of idiots (perhaps thats too harsh, maybe slighly less intelligent people) out there who ask the most ridiculous questions, along the line of does this come with stickers/wings etc, when CLEARLY in the title, description AND picture it shows/describes ONLY a shell!!!!!, yes sometimes when im tired my replies can be quite short but we all have bad days (and good ones) and sensible questions get sensible answers, if i dont answer yopur question just aak me to clarify, simple!.

I will read this post again when i have time and see what reply i get, probably more grief and possibly some understanding?, we will see.

Thanks again to all my happy customers (there are lots still out there!) and apologies to those i have offended/upset or taken too long to post items too, i just hope you ALL read the above before posting again!. Thanks

Yes singapore 959 if you rang it you would speak to me, its an active line!. Cheers for pointing out this thread, i hope i have answered all the grief i got, questions answered and apologies made!

Yes singapore 959 if you rang it you would speak to me, its an active line!. Cheers for pointing out this thread, i hope i have answered all the grief i got, questions answered and apologies made!

Cheers, np. I think I did a good deed :P:P

I hope so, although i did just put myself clearly in the firing line now!

Tel number supplied to those that need it.

Cheers

Quite simply we send everything in UK RECORDED delivery for values upto 34, above that and its SPECIAL DELIVERY ONLY

I'm a little surprised that you leave so many people negative feedback for stuff that was lost in the post then :P

In fact, your entire 'feedback ethic' seems pretty poor.

Why do you leave negative feedback for people that paid promptly, waited weeks, then had to take action to get either their money or what they paid for?

Neutral; Items never received, buyer refunded. - UK Buyer

Negative; This item was sent std mail, claimed never recived, no email as no internet! - UK Bidder

Negative; Emailed seller stating items lost, offered refund and no reply!!. - UK Bidder

Now, for someone using recorded delivery, surely it's not the buyer's fault their goods never arrived, so why the bad feedback for them?

In fact, in the feedback you left for me, you stated you'd shipped once already, but this was never mentioned in the 3 ebay messages you sent me, if you don't remember the interchange, read this; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37825

Indeed, one of your other comments in the feedback you left me was "NOT 1ST-FB" - You're right, my first one was by a seller trying to stiff me and left as retalliation for feedback I left him after he stopped responding to communication. There's funny.

I'm just curious why having one prior negative feedback is relevant to the comments you left, especially when my feedback rating is better than yours?

I'm a little surprised that you leave so many people negative feedback for stuff that was lost in the post then :)

In fact, your entire 'feedback ethic' seems pretty poor.

Why do you leave negative feedback for people that paid promptly, waited weeks, then had to take action to get either their money or what they paid for?

Neutral; Items never received, buyer refunded. - UK Buyer

Negative; This item was sent std mail, claimed never recived, no email as no internet! - UK Bidder

Negative; Emailed seller stating items lost, offered refund and no reply!!. - UK Bidder

Now, for someone using recorded delivery, surely it's not the buyer's fault their goods never arrived, so why the bad feedback for them?

In fact, in the feedback you left for me, you stated you'd shipped once already, but this was never mentioned in the 3 ebay messages you sent me, if you don't remember the interchange, read this; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37825

Indeed, one of your other comments in the feedback you left me was "NOT 1ST-FB" - You're right, my first one was by a seller trying to stiff me and left as retalliation for feedback I left him after he stopped responding to communication. There's funny.

I'm just curious why having one prior negative feedback is relevant to the comments you left, especially when my feedback rating is better than yours?

Simply put our feedback set up was completed to be fair, and as CLEARLY described to stop those bidders who leave retaliatory feedback, again as described we try to resolve all issues with buyers but if we dont get notified by paypal of a payment (again another problem we had, other sellers reported the same problems!) its not really our fault either, until the person contacts us to register a problem we dont know of it!. So if your not happy to get negative try to resolve the issue BEFORE leaving neg FB (we leave neg as we have not had chances to amend the problem (in some cases emails have not got through and thats not their fault but we dont know this do we?). If you have a problem with feedback left for you, you can apply to remove feedback you left under the mutual removal scheme that ebay has (its why its there!) and we will look to sort problems and take on board what people are saying and leave appropriate feedback. Your feedback rating whether better than mine makes really no difference, if you did not contact us i would have left neg fb as you did for us as mentioned above(again emails not getting through im not to know so please dont go back to that). If you want it removed you can go through the process as described above and i wil be happy to do it in this case as you seem to iterate that its a mistake.

Thanks.

P.S. if you wish to discuss it on the phone you can call me, all you need do is ask for my number!.

Thanks

As for mentioning the postal strike, that seems a little sad as we all had problems with it (aside from my other problems i encountered). But what the badword you may as well eh?

I have bought from both Ebay sister names and had contact with Myles many times , always got a reply ,and i always got my parts in good time

Vintage-tamiyaparts/Vintageavante,

I will admit I was seriously developing a Negative opinion of you,

But since you have shown the Fortitude come to the forums here and have yourself in the firing line,

My opinion of you has changed.

If you happen to find the time to find out what the progress with my E-Bay parts is, (Ebay name is the same as my forum name)

It would be greatly appreciated.

Simply put our feedback set up was completed to be fair, and as CLEARLY described to stop those bidders who leave retaliatory feedback, again as described we try to resolve all issues with buyers but if we dont get notified by paypal of a payment (again another problem we had, other sellers reported the same problems!) its not really our fault either, until the person contacts us to register a problem we dont know of it!. So if your not happy to get negative try to resolve the issue BEFORE leaving neg FB (we leave neg as we have not had chances to amend the problem (in some cases emails have not got through and thats not their fault but we dont know this do we?). If you have a problem with feedback left for you, you can apply to remove feedback you left under the mutual removal scheme that ebay has (its why its there!) and we will look to sort problems and take on board what people are saying and leave appropriate feedback. Your feedback rating whether better than mine makes really no difference, if you did not contact us i would have left neg fb as you did for us as mentioned above(again emails not getting through im not to know so please dont go back to that). If you want it removed you can go through the process as described above and i wil be happy to do it in this case as you seem to iterate that its a mistake.

Thanks.

P.S. if you wish to discuss it on the phone you can call me, all you need do is ask for my number!.

Thanks

Ah, I fully understand now, you use feedback to ensure you don't receive any negative press, sorry for not seeing it earlier :)

Cynical buyers may even suggest you deliberately withold it in order to use the negative you leave as a lever for mutual feedback withdrawal

As for me quoting feedback ratings, you still haven't explained why me having one previous negative was a reason for yours, I'd love an explanation of this, please.

And then, to add to the massive amount of bad luck you're having with electronic communications, now Paypal aren't notifying you of receipt of payments either?

Perhaps selling online just isn't for you fella, what with all the bad luck you been having?

If three ebay meassages from me, all of which you replied to (with poor information) isn't enough to ship my goods, what is the best way for any future buyers you may have to actually receive goods in a timely manner?

For those who haven't read My previous post the stuff I bought from Myles was in August, a month not covered in his list of comms breakdowns above, but I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason why he took until Aug 29 to post something he received payment for on Aug 6, when he told me on Aug 15 it'd be shipped on Aug 16.

No doubt the post office exploded

I have to agree with Twinset here, as I have also had bad experiences with Myles, and the way he treats customers.

Myles is clearly using the feedback system to his advantage, as he will retalliate neg feedback on any buyer, even if the buyer is without responsibility.

Myles sais himself that he leaves neg feedback if he thinks Paypal has not sent him a receipt for payment. Or if emails don't get through... Come on, that is just not fair!

In my opinion, Myles, you should have closed the shop in good time before the anticipated 15 days without Internet (how did you plan to receive emails then??).

Also, it seems to me that you should not be running an ebay shop this big, if you don't have the time to read emails or visit the post office.

-Lars

This thread has been locked as its going nowhere. All parties have had their say and put their side forward. If I had been around earlier I would have probably locked it on page one but I lost track until someone bought it again to my attention today. We have rules for discussing these sorts of matters and they have been stretched here. As far as any crimes committed or people being labelled as crooks then I see no case to answer here - as far as I read people got goods or refunds in the end, albeit after lengthy periods of time and multiple emails. At worse its a case of bad service. Explanations have been offered but at the end of the day, if from a buyers point of view, if they pay for something they should expect timely delivery of those items and its the sellers responsibility to make sure that happens. Explanations after the event don't really make much difference I am afraid.

For the record I emptied the Tamiyaclub shop, after also having problems contacting myles. It will remain shut while we review the situation.

Please do not start any new threads on this topic - if you have issues there is enough information and contacts in this thread to take it further.

Regards

Chris