Has anyone received any items paid for in the past 10 days?

My two items are still missing...

:P

You're quite an optimist!

Looking at his feedback, he's still actively retalliating with negatives, the last ones were left on October 11

No doubt the recent postal action will be used as an excuse now too, just bear in mind it started on Oct 3 and things are now appearing that were posted that day.

Well I received today 1 of the 2 orders from Myles.

And the post stamp was in Sept. So it would be the postal service at fault in this case.

So I remain a happy customer of Myles. !

There is the one outstanding package of titanium screws ordered at the same time as the just received package, so lets see if arrives tomorrow hopefully.

The plot thickens...... I hope you get your other package Singapore_959.....

Seems Vintageavante is up again and trying to solve all "cases".

That man must be REALLY busy now...

Looks like all buyers get either refund or the parts they ordered.

Last feedback was 22 october: click here

He's still got a pretty disgusting business ethic, leaving negs for people just because they are unhappy with his service, even before the alleged holiday, house move, postal strike and lack of internet.

It does seem like he's either had an incredibly bad run of luck, or is just a blatant liar.

I think he's a power seller...
As the pillars of our community, PowerSellers are committed to upholding and embracing the core community values that are the very foundation of eBay.

They are exemplary members who are held to the highest standards of professionalism, having achieved and maintained a 98% positive feedback rating and an excellent sales performance record

Yeah, that counts for loads :rolleyes:

He can easily maintain his feedback percentage so long as people are afraid to leave him negs for fear of retaliation, and providing his turnover stays up, he's got very little to worry about.

When I sold off all my dive gear (about 3500 worth) they upgraded my 'status' for about a month, then downgraded it again once my 'takings' dropped.

If he was the pillar of the community he was supposed to be, he should have closed his store whilst moving house (as the 'eastern stores' do during vacation) and had the decency to let customers that had already paid know the truth about what was happening to their orders.

I had three ebay messages from him telling me he was posting goods soon, and all of that was contradicted by the negative feedback he left for me.

I appreciate people being busy, but lying to make themselves look better because they got pulled up on it is pretty low.

I had three ebay messages from him telling me he was posting goods soon, and all of that was contradicted by the negative feedback he left for me.

Perhaps you can forward all that info the eBay. They might be able to do something about the retaliatory negatives he gave you. Then again, they just might not care...

BTW: It is VERY improper for a seller to withhold feedback until after buyer has left feedback for them. As a buyer, your part is over and done with the moment, the seller collects your money. What more can they ask of you? I don't think I will be leaving feedback whatsoever for sellers that operate this way any more...

Then again, they just might not care...

They didn't.

Their solution was for me to approach the seller and come to an agreement resulting in a feedback withdrawal.

I would actually prefer my feedback for him was left exactly where it is, as mine is true, but eBay were not interested in removing the feedback he left for me as it didn't breach any of their guidelines for feedback removal.

As for sellers having to leave feedback first, I do agree with you there, but that's a whole different and widely discussed topic already.

Searching for withhold will find you a good 'rant thread' or two I reckon :rolleyes:

In some instances, the buyer beats me to it (most instances actually) but it's mainly cos I'm too busy shopping, not worried about what they're gonna say.

I have two negs, both from sellers, both retalliatory.

Gotta love eBay

ebay have got a call centre now.It`s gotta be easier to get someone to look into a seller while you`re on the phone surely.Its easier to fob you off in an email than to have you at the other end asking for an explaination.

I have to say,i`ve just finished rebuilding my Bigwig runner and got the body to paint.It`s nearly all new now and a lot of the parts came from vintageavante.Only one part took longer than the rest but i cant complain at all about dealing with him.My only thing now is might hold back from buying in the future after reading this thread.I cant be the only one,so if it was me...i would be on here defending myself ...and if i wasout of order i would admit it.I work away a lot so if i sell something on ebay,sometimes im not around to post it.I`ve even given away tyres/wheels etc with the parts to apologise.I know you cant do this if you`re running a business but at least join this thread to explain...without any bullwhacking...we can spot it! lol

When TC started this section I'll admit I didn't see the need. I sure do now. Man oh man what a shame. I've never seen so many replies on here related to just one seller so I had to look for myself. As some have said already on here, he sure has some nice parts listed, but boy that feedback is just plain terrible so the risk outweighs the gain. And the shipping costs are absurd but that's another subject. And the retaliatory feedback is just an unnacceptable business practice. I guess he didn't get "the customer is always right" lesson in 9th grade marketing class. I guess the topper for me is to use the "I've moved my house and been busy" excuse. This is not an excuse at all. eBay is a business and buyers are not interested in a sellers personal drama becoming their own problem.

Case in point - take probably the best seller out there: jr-rc. Guess what he does when he has to go out of town or conduct personal business? He closes down his store and tells people why. THATS professional! THATS how you keep your sellers happy. He loses business while he is away but he GETS IT and understands that being a professional is more important.

I wish we could send this guy here to jr-rc school :)

I've been doing this 25 years and I can tell you until Vintageavante gets his act cleaned up he's just lost 4 more customers from my friends and family - and we will all spread the word.

Finally a question - when I joined eBay 10 years ago you were not allowed to have two different user ID's - has this now changed and it is allowed?

Finally a question - when I joined eBay 10 years ago you were not allowed to have two different user ID's - has this now changed and it is allowed?

Not sure this has ever been against ebay rules - after all what is to stop everyone at the same address having their own ebay ID ?

Presumably you can register your dog / cat / goldfish as an ebay user ?

Not sure this has ever been against ebay rules - after all what is to stop everyone at the same address having their own ebay ID ?

Presumably you can register your dog / cat / goldfish as an ebay user ?

I know you can have two Id`s but if it has broken a rule or something i dont care but, Why would you want to have two ID`s as it just that much more of a pain to get bussiness done. I have two e-mails at work and it is a real pain to keep track of everything. That is without selling on Ebay.

I know you can have two Id`s but if it has broken a rule or something i dont care but, Why would you want to have two ID`s as it just that much more of a pain to get bussiness done. I have two e-mails at work and it is a real pain to keep track of everything. That is without selling on Ebay.

Maybe you want an ID for buying and another for selling ?

If you were buying items off ebay to re-sell, job lots / wholesale etc... you may not want your buyers to be able to check your sellers feedback and work out where you get stuff from and how much you pay for it !

I have bought from him the past and I will never buy from him again. It took over a month to ship out some small parts. Then trying to get hold of him was a nightmare, and when he finally did write me back, it was from a totally different email address and he claimed that he never go any of my emails. It was just too much of a hassle.

I believe you cannot have two IDs with the same email address.

I believe you cannot have two IDs with the same email address.

Hi yes you can have 2 ebay acounts. I have one for business and one for buying and have no problems in the 2 years i have had the second acount.

hope this helps

Yes it does help thank you. I remember quite clearly in the beginning eBay was having trouble with multiple id's so they put a stop to it. I never really cared until now. I have a bunch of non RC stuff I need to sell for a friend and would like to keep it seperate so I can just show him my actual costs and let him have all the profits after reimbursing me my costs. Mixing it up with my regular ebay id just doesnt seem like something I want to do. But if it was against the eBay rules I would'nt jeopardize my standing to add another ID. Thanks for the responses.

Yes it does help thank you. I remember quite clearly in the beginning eBay was having trouble with multiple id's so they put a stop to it. I never really cared until now. I have a bunch of non RC stuff I need to sell for a friend and would like to keep it seperate so I can just show him my actual costs and let him have all the profits after reimbursing me my costs. Mixing it up with my regular ebay id just doesnt seem like something I want to do. But if it was against the eBay rules I would'nt jeopardize my standing to add another ID. Thanks for the responses.

No probs glad to help

I have a mixed impression. Some parts never reached my home - he said that they were lost?! after that I had a lot of trouble until he refunded me over paypal for the lost parts. the strange thing is: the tires for the 959 where under the lost parts and he said that he could not send onother pair to me because he run out. on ebay he was still trading these tires at this time! for me m. is not a good recommendation to trade with but thats everyones own experience which comes to this statement.

seems like myles is back on the job.

hassled him for while and got the moving house response, he finally sent the goods out and they arrived next day.

glad to have got them, but i'm not going back to him for a while.

seems like myles is back on the job.

hassled him for while and got the moving house response, he finally sent the goods out and they arrived next day.

glad to have got them, but i'm not going back to him for a while.

What email address did you use please? I am still waiting for items and his previous orange email address that I have no longer works.

:P

You know, this is not the first time he used the "moving house" story on us. I remember about 2 years ago when he first started selling parts for TamiyaClub, we got the story accompanied with terrible communication. It didn't have such an effect on his ability to ship items and make up stories about out-of-stock parts (still being sold on eBay) back then though. His shipping charges are a Major put-off to me anyways. I would much rather buy from Victor101 or Jr-Rc any day. Although Vintage-Avante did get my Dyna Storm back together when nobody else could...

BTW: How long does it take a guy to move anyways?

What email address did you use please? I am still waiting for items and his previous orange email address that I have no longer works.

:)

I used the orenge home add and the sales at vintageavante add (same email on same day).

if its not arrived yet i'd go via paypal to get his attention, took me time to get a reply but once i did, he sorted it out quick.

mat