Sign in to follow this  
AirBoston

Alfa Romeo In Need Of Restoration

Here's the latest finished piece to come from my airbrush. The body is painted in the inside as normal except for the grill, mirrors and decals are painted on the outside. I wish I knew what happened to the original wheels as I would have detailed those too. I just wanted to do something a little different.

post-248-1191348424.jpg

post-248-1191348500.jpg

post-248-1191348544.jpg

post-248-1191348590.jpg

Anyone interested in this body?

That is really cool - it looks like the "Before" car in the Maaco advertisements!

I really like that weathered, rusty idea. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That looks so life-like, all it needs is an interior from Mike Vellia (I think thats his name), he has produced some really remarkable cars, really fantastic scale detail.

Great job on that. It truly looks like a rusty heap

Ummm..... you need to cut out the rust on that, weld, paint it, waxoil and then polish every sunday!

looks like the kind of 1:1 car i buy!!

good skills though!

Nice - I especially like the 'run' under the door lock - very realistic. Only thing that lets it down are the nice shiny wheels - you need to find a set of batterered looking steel rims...

Excellent work! very beautiful banger. :rolleyes:

Anyone who own the car has negative mood about "Rust" usually, but your work is really interesting.

It's really realistic and your work is showing us Tamiya RC car is truly wonderful scale model.

Thank you

After looking over the photos I've taken, I kinda like the "new wheels" under the "old car". It kind of reminds me of what full size car nuts do. Take my 914 for example. It doesn't look much better than this Alfa but has oversized polished Fuchs under it. I've seen the same thing with many other cars from Porsches, to BMWs and lately with the Honda and Toyota crowd. Once you get a car running, what do you do... buy new rims!