Sign in to follow this  
dazaa

What Is The Fastest Motor A Super Champ Can Handle

Hi what is the fastest motor a super champ can handle i have managed to fit a 11x2 motor in with no mods but dont know if the plastic spur gear can handle it.

Please respond asap

Thanks

Hi what is the fastest motor a super champ can handle i have managed to fit a 11x2 motor in with no mods but dont know if the plastic spur gear can handle it.

Please respond asap

Thanks

If it does, then let me know. The best I've managed to fit is a Sport Tuned, but to be fair, the power from that puts it on the edge of its handling capabilities LOL!!! :wub:

I think Terry.sc is your man to definitively answer this, but I'm pretty sure an 11x2 will eat the nylon gear fairly quickly.

Like Jedi Master said, a Sport Tuned is about as much as the stock handling can cope with, Shodog has a 19t powered rough rider & this was his comment:

"It has loads of power & torque, too much really because it just rolls when you turn"

A massive excess of power like you'll get from that 11x2 will just make it undriveable I reckon :wub:

hi thanks for your replys i think i will put a 17 turn motor in a i dont want to be buying new spur gears every time i drive it.

BTW if anyone has a set of rear arms and a right side gear case(th side the gear cover fits on) please let me know as those are all i need to get the car running.

Thanks

A 17t will probably eat the gears too, Shodog said his 19t RR ate the nylon gears after just 2 runs, now it has all brass gears.

Brass gears & diffs do pop up on Ebay etc now & again, keep your eyes open.

Personally I wouldn't put anything more than a Sport Tuned in if you still have nylon gears, even a 23t like a BZ/TZ/RZ is still probably more than they can handle.

I asked the same questions a while back in this thread here.

Don't know how you've fitted a different motor into the gearbox without modifications, at the very least the anti rotation lumps in the gearbox case need grinding off to get a modern can in, then the gearbox needs drilling to hold the motor in place.

The spur gear isn't the problem with an 11 turn motor, it's the rest of chassis. The gears can handle the power as long as you respect the fact there isn't anything to slip in the drivetrain, so if you hit something on full power there is a good chance you can damage a gear. Make sure you use new shafts if they are worn at all, most SRBs were just fitted with the bronze bushings and most shafts are badly worn.

SRBs have enough handling problems using the standard 540, unless you run in a straight line on fairly level ground the extra speed just means it will fall over much more often than standard unless you upgrade the suspension, even when upgraded with better shocks and a wide front end conversion it will still either have loads of understeer or it will dig in and fall over.