med_73

Ff01 Chassis Fit Corrado Shell

yes the Corrado will fit a FF01. BUT you must build your FF01 with a long wheelbase, since your FF01-Golf VR6 has a shorter wheelbase.

You caN build a FF01 in 2 ways out of the kit: a wheelbase with 258mm and the shorter wheelbase 240mm (i guess).

just have a look in your manual - the rear axle and rear part must be built the other way.

There are only 2 short wheelbase kits available: Renault Clio + VW Golf3 VR6

Thank you for your reply, never noticed that in the manual - I'll go away and have another read...

Thank you for your reply, never noticed that in the manual - I'll go away and have another read...

You have to look at a FF01 manual from a car with a long/short wheelbase - in the manual there is only one wheelbase described.

Here on TC you can have a look in those manuals

Thank you for the information, I have rebuild my chassis as a long wheelbase (using manual from TC).. I have also now ordered the Kamtec Corrado Shell.. Will post some pic's when I have it on the Chassis.

Thank you for your advice..

mark

Sorry for the delay if you have been waiting for the pic's. Was waiting for a new set of shocks - old ones were not matching front to back, making the car higher at the back and pulling the wheels inwards.

Anyway here they are, shell fits perfectly - not to wide and wheel arches line up.

Again thank you for the advice in saying that this would fit! :)

Mark

PS. any tips for cutting the mouting hole's?

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

Hi  med_73. I'm new to this forum.  This topic is from a number of years ago and I hope to be lucky to get a hold of you. How did you get on with this build and shell?

Thanks.

Hi its was all finished.. couple of vids i made of it..

https://youtu.be/oxzbYpArHvA

https://youtu.be/-sXMJ80_kjg

Regards

Wow.  A 12 year-old thread gets a reply from the OP in 12 minutes.  That's good service.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1