Sign in to follow this  
GTodd

Kamtec Customer Support/relations (astute)

I know that a few years back some guys were waiting a while for their car bodies from Kamtec. Has the situation gotten better? I just picked up a mint Astute with an 85% body. I want to get a replica but I dont know if I wll actualy get it if I order it.

I know that a few years back some guys were waiting a while for their car bodies from Kamtec. Has the situation gotten better? I just picked up a mint Astute with an 85% body. I want to get a replica but I dont know if I wll actualy get it if I order it.

I sent a Vanquish body set and Avante 2001 undertray to Keith about 3 years ago with agreement that it would be reproduced and returned to me. I still haven't seen anything come of that. Hopefully it gets done some day, but I've pretty much given up hope (and $80+)... :mellow:

Darn thats what I thought. OK who has an Astute body that they want to sell me?

I've bought off him twice in the last 6mths and haven't had a drama :mellow: Both items took the usual UK to Australia time and his correspondence was fine. FYI It was an Egress shell and a Baja Bug shell. The key is to email first and be prompt with payment. (this is my policy with all online shopping and I've never had a drama. That includes RCmart which it seems a few people have had problems with too). Either that or I'm just very lucky B)

Cheers,

Chris

I have had a few dealing with Kieth of Kamtec,

He is a very busy man and having been to his workshop is working very hard with many projects and enquires with ebay and his online store.

He is a genuine guy and I have sent shells down to be copied, I have the 1st copy back now aftering picking it up last year and hope to get the final copy soon. Have you tried phoning him direct?

Cheers Ryck

I've bought a least 5 times from him through Ebay with no problems at all, one of which was the Astute set and it's a very nice well produced item, I don't think you would be disappointed.

If you order an Astute you will get it without any fuss.

Keith now uses the M.A.N.D.Y. email filtering tool :lol: . This system replies to all the idiots who email Keith requesting the most stupid things allowing him to get on with making moulds and pulling shells :)

Now Keith does himself no favours by letting people send in shells to copy, he has a problem with saying "no". He really does not have that much time to do all requests but does genuinely want to please everyone. Unfortunately something has got to give so if you do send a shell because you would like a cheap copy remember that there could be a fair few hundred pounds of labour to make it. I doubt a mould would break even until he has sold at least 30 at full price. If he is busy, which is all the time, these little projects will always get brushed aside.

So 94eg! your best bet would be to ask for it back as I cant see him doing this anytime soon or selling that many Vanquish shells.

And Ryck, with respect considering the amount of hours Keith has put into your Pajero that will never make him any money unless you want to buy 50 of them?

Sorry bad mood, tired and just sticking up for a great mate if I have offended anyone.

Daz

Daz, I don't think Ryck was complaining - it sounded like he was sticking up for Keith too...

I sent him a Bruiser shell back in January. You would think that he would make time to repro that but he hasn't. I have asked for it back and I'm still waiting.

So 94eg! your best bet would be to ask for it back as I cant see him doing this anytime soon or selling that many Vanquish shells.

Tried that......no response. :)

I understand the lack of sales volume though. I guess I'll hold out for another year or two...

Daz, I don't think Ryck was complaining - it sounded like he was sticking up for Keith too...

Yeah I know but was just using this as an example for something which Keith has put a lot of time and effort into for Ryck but he will never sell enough to make a profit.

I sent him a Bruiser shell back in January. You would think that he would make time to repro that but he hasn't. I have asked for it back and I'm still waiting.

I will try and get over to him this week and get him to send it back.

Tried that......no response. :)

I understand the lack of sales volume though. I guess I'll hold out for another year or two...

Sure, up to you but I will give him a kick up the bottom for you!

I have gotten a reponse from him, seems like a good guy, not trying to bash him. He is doing all of us a favor!!! If it wasnt for him there would be tons of Astute's, Avante's, and Egress's running looking pretty horrible.

Keith has also been in touch with me, explained the situation and will be sending my Bruiser body back shortly. Hopefully, we will all be able to buy lexan Bruiser shells in a couple of months. As Dazmeister said he's a nice guy with too much to work on.

Got replies from mails and my 959 body turned up pretty quick.Its a solid body unlike the Tamiya version.Should hold up well when i get the chassis stripped and rebuilt.Never been disappointed with anything i`ve bought from Kamtec.