ryanbored

High Lift...

ok finally f350 has arrived, so does the bearing. any words of caution on building? this will be my first build in a long long time :huh:

Take your time!

That's about it really, it's all straight forward, and a real pleasure so enjoy it

Ok- Paint time- My Main thoughts are Dark Silver (grey!) and the decal set from a hi-lux (repo's) And if i don't like them or it looks naff then i can peel them off.

Either that or be adventrous with decal sets? (Tiger Stripe High-Lift anyone?!)

Ok, built it, painted it and abused it! :rolleyes:

Now want to mod it....

• browsing a few other forums i see there are many ways to 4 link one, my question is, for "scale" off-roading is there any point- As i had great fun with mine as standard
  • Can i get Bead lock 2.2's wheels in the uk, or would you just glue the tyres (as it'll be ages before they wear out surely?)
  • For crawling and general messing about would you use the sponge inserts or not?
  • What's the easiest way to mount a lexan body (I bought the HPI landy shell- cop out i know- but they look cool and can't find a 'toy' one to hack up!)
  • Any 'must do' mods? (It's ball raced but that's it)

Thanks guys

Ryan

I have decided to 4 link the rear of mine to acheive slightly more 'flex' - hopefully aiding it slightly - remember that the leafs will soften with running providing a softer ride.

Locked diffs? i had both mine done and it climbed great but turned bad, so now just the rear is.

Beadlocks - no idea about 2.2's in uk, bought mine from usa

You not glued your tires yet! get it done! ( i am trying black silicone at the moment, in the idea if i want them off i can gently slice through the goo! )

Velcro works good for lexan, or what about some stepped/collered screws through into the cab side brackets?

Must have mods - well have you got a flag on your rec tube? they provide 300% more speed and power, and look soooo good ( double this if you have matching flag on trans too) :rolleyes:

and no truck is finished if it hasn't got lights!

I think i maybe slightly high on paint fumes.........

I found the turning circle ok with both front and back locked diffs- I might add 4 wheel steering as i only intend on going slowly! (looks sooo funny bobbing along in third!)

Deff need to glue the tyres, but wondering on the foam inserts before i do it....

Best bet for Beadlocks are the funky Junfac ones,

Junfac`s Beadlock webpage

Cheap as chips and ISTR 8 dollar P&P, so for 20 quid or so you have a nice set of BL`s. Just need some sticky tires

Super sticky Yokohama Tires

I ordered a set of wheels from Junfac (I am in the UK) and had no problems at all with customs n exercise.

I had my highlift fitted out with rear locked diff, and 4 wheel steering. But the thing I love about the Highlift is that I cant stop messing with it. I have now fitted it out with independent front and rear steering, an easy job took me very little time and it has transformed its maneuverability. I temporarily locked the front diff on Sunday at Clumber and it was very good, and with the crab steering I could put it more or less where I wanted it.

As for the 4 linking, I was going to convert mine too, however I really like the leaf spring suspension seeing the wheels waggling in the air is quite nice for me. ( it reminds me of my Leaf Sprung Land Rovers :rolleyes:)

Next project is some lights, I have a TLU-01 that I picked up cheap, but that might go in my Bowler WildCat, I have picked up a solar powered LED Christmas light set from my local friendly electrical supplier :lol: and I am going to butcher that for the HighLift.

what inserts? did i miss something while tearing through all the packets?

Sorry i should say i have 2.2 and Moab's on mine! (Sorry to make you panic!)

Next project is some lights, I have a TLU-01 that I picked up cheap, but that might go in my Bowler WildCat,

I saw that body from Kamtec- Surely it's too short a wheelbase for the high lift?

I saw that body from Kamtec- Surely it's too short a wheelbase for the high lift?

Sorry for the confusion Chief, the Bowler is going on a TB-01.

I did originally buy the light unit for my Lift, but its not waterproof and my Lift often has forays into deep water.